• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc finding luck?

Its amazing how many people looking for their discs don't nail down the exact place they last saw the bushes ruffle where the disc went in. Many's the time I watch someone head for where their disc is in general, when a good eye would have shown it to be 25-30' away from that spot.

Don't give up hope! I've probably returned 20 discs with numbers on them this year.

Found a bunch of unmarked ones, too. My Roc3 I found in some bramble and poison ivy. :)

When I threw them, I had a strange pattern of losing a Pro Katana, then finding a Pro Katana on another course a week or two later. This happened 4 times and it was ONLY with the Pro Katana (not Champion or Star plastic).

So weird.

I also know a dude who is a disc finding machine. He doesn't play that much, but pretty much every time I see him he has a new disc that he's found.

I stink at finding my own discs a lot of the time. I don't know what it is, but there are courses that I won't play alone b/c I'll spend more time looking for my discs than actually playing. I'm the worst.

On a happy note I did have my beat Avenger SS found and returned. Hooray for big turnovers again! Now if someone will just call me about that Saint :\

My buddy finds a TON of discs (usually ones I've walked right past), and called me last summer when he lost his fav yellow Bliz Destroyer. The course is a block from my house, so I went looking, with no luck. About two months later, I was throwing at the course with a guy I had met and thrown with a couple times. We started talking about discs lost and found, and I mentioned that I had lost a Bliz Destroyer. He asked if it was yellow (mine was orange), but mentioned that my buddy had lost his (with a JR inked on it). This guy didn't have it with him, but had found it a while earlier and it was sitting at his house. He returned it the next day...awesome!

FWIW, I return all marked discs I find (about 15 from the local course, most of which I actually find walking my dog as opposed to throwing, which I've always found odd). Karma is a bitch, and I'll take all the good karma I can get. A few times the person has told me to just keep it, all of which I've given to a newb at the course (newer than me, that is).

Hell, I find tons of MARKED discs. End up keeping 99% of them because of one or more of the following:

1. The owner did not ink their full phone number. Sorry, but if you're too lazy to write three additional digits then I'm too lazy to look up what the hell your area code is.
2. The owner did not include ANY phone number. Sorry, once again I'm not taking the time to look up pdga numbers. Email addy's are a different thing entirely, but no one seems to include them. :doh:
3. I leave a message and people don't call back.

What the hell is the point of inking up discs if you're not going to bother to actually retrieve them when someone takes the time to call? :confused:

/rant

A couple of weeks ago i found a pink MVP Volt on the 2nd hole at my local course, no ink, and it looks like it was just thrown one time to end up being lost. The last time i found a disc with no ink was around 4 yrs ago, an orange SE soft Rhyno, I had just got a buddy of mine hooked to the sport and all he had was a Beast so I gave him that one. He still throws it and says its probably his favorite disc.

found a dx boss in a cemetery about a month ago :)

9088704592_45ff87ef37_o.jpg

In the past week I've found an 11x Champ Teebird, brand new Champion Aviar, and a Star Katana ... all unmarked. Not a bad week for finding discs. Who wants a Katana?!

Ha! Found an unmarked Katana today. 171 and flippy as heck. May actually be my longest disc, but if I don't start it with some hyzer, it's going to the ground. Looks to be beaten in pretty good. May try the overstable tuning on it.

Found two today on hole five at the air zoo yellow dx sidewinder that looked brand new and a pink flash that looked like a dog toy. The sidewinder didnt have any ink tried to find the owners but they had already left the course. The flash I returned to its owner after giving him a call.

First time I played I threw the borrowed disc I was using into a creek. I found my buddies disc and noticed that there was something blue mostly buried in the mud near it. Blue Champion Starfire. I bought a Shark, Leopard, Cobra, and an Aviar to go with it.

Fourth or fifth time playing I griplocked that Starfire into a stand of trees, bushes, and thorns. Spent an hour looking and no chance. Hadn't marked any disc yet so to whoever finds that disc, enjoy.

Only disc I ever found.

I've found three. Once I went over a fence near a pond to fetch a disc my wife threw. I found a beat up D Valkyrie (and her disc). I have that disc, though it's so flippy I never use it. Maybe someday if I need a roller.

Then with my brother in law I saw a few discs in a pond that he had thrown his disc in. He got them both (plus his). He kept those.

My friend found a Roc a few weeks ago. We called every permutation of the number that seemed reasonable (nine numbers), but they were dead so he kept it.

Latest posts