• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf before and after kids

Zactly. We spent $400 on BumGenius diapers 8 months ago (our little girl turns one next weekend) and other than water and detergent, haven't spent a cent on diapering since. Plus that $400 is sunk cost that can be applied to the next bcr123psu spawn.

That being said, the little'ins do take up a lot of time, but it's worth it. Especially when they're curious about your discs (which usually means ripping them out of the bin and throwing them on the floor):

DSC03626.JPG

Or when they decide that pink is their favorite colour:

DSC03812.JPG
DSC03817.JPG

Who knows prerube, your little prerubian might be dubs partner with my little bcr123psubian at the 2030 Vibram Open...

hopefully dad is better at keeping predators away from his baby girl when she's older

I guess prerubes marketplace threads make a lot more sense now

All discs unthrown, 7/10, some scrapes and gouges from pavement.

Three words: reusable cloth diapers.

Yes... they're cheaper, but three words... you are insane.

I've never played so much disc golf since my daughter graduated from college and my son is in his junior year in college.

Enjoy them while they're young... when they get in their twenties and can take care of themselves, they won't have time for you. (but you will have lots of time for disc golf!).

Is she a redhead? I can't tell on my phone. I thought Coraline was going to be a redhead, but it turned blonde.

I'd say strawberry blond. Her grandmother is a redhead so we thought she'd be a ginger or a daywalker for a little while, but she's leaning more toward the blond route.

When she was 12-weeks old I got here a mini basket and a stack of minis. As soon as she starts walking (I'm thinking this week or next), we're going to start putting. It's going to be awesome.

My four year old has that same monkey. He doesn't try and put him down using a disc though.

She uses every tool at her disposal to kill everything that she loves. It's complicated...but it's not.

Yes... they're cheaper, but three words... you are insane.

In addition to being 10x cheaper, they're also better for the environment and better for the baby because you control the chemicals that are touching your child. So some may say insane, but others may say it is financially and socially responsible and safer for the child. I'll take dirty cloth diapers over the excessive price convenience.

Priorities man. I have a new kid, my first one, and it is one of the greatest things in my life. I love disc golf and would play 6-8 rounds a week. Luckily I have a very supportive wife and I am still able to get in 3-5 rounds a week. I guess I got the best of both worlds!

My wife actually got me a starter set for my birthday to get me into disc golf (a friend of ours plays).

She promptly complained every time I wanted to play. Stay at home mom with young twins will do that.

Now the twins are in Kindergarten and I can actually get out to the course on my days off (weekdays off)! Don't worry, your life will come back to you... eventually.

Last edited:
1) A friend of ours, a fellow disc golfers wife, has a cloth diaper business called Gentle Moms...check her out, they are good people.

Clicky von Linkington

2) The minis are scented...something that Zing does...somehow injects smellies with the plastic.

Enjoy those little ones while they're young. They grow up way too fast. Oh yeah, take lots of pics and vids. Those are great to look at when the kids get older.

Cloth Diapers are the best dude, my youngest just got out of them, and we resold them on Craigslist for about half of what we paid for them. So much cheaper, and better for the baby and the enviornment.

My wife actually got me a starter set for my birthday to get me into disc golf (a friend of ours plays).

She promptly complained every time I wanted to play. Stay at home mom with young twins will do that.

Now the twins are in Kindergarten and I can actually get out to the course on my days off (weekdays off)! Don't worry, your life will come back to you... eventually.

I have had to take my daughter to several states to visit family members, so I have gotten a few interesting road trips. She has already been to 10 states, My wife is taking her to the North Platte Disc Golf course in Nebraska without me next week.

my daughter is only 2 yrs old but she is throwing discs already.

she see's them and yells THROW THROW!!

and i'm pretty good at putting the dirty diapers into the trash

My three boys are 4, 6 & 14. All three like to play. My 4 year-old is the most excited of the three. He asks to play almost every day.

When Baby Rock was born, I was normally doing around 25-35 rounds a month. DeLynn didn't want to play as much after he was born, but I kept up a full DG schedule. Since we've bought our new place (The Rock Yard), I've been putting more time on it than the course, probably only getting 10-20 rounds a month for the last 3 years. I don't miss all the rounds because I get to play at the house whenever I want, plus I get to be the Dad more.

I've always told people that having kids didn't change what I do, just how I do it. I never had to give up disc golf, getting in a workout, etc, etc. What I had to give up was discin 5 rounds in a day in lieu of one, and maybe two if I'm lucky. Rounds always took longer also, stoping for feedings, stopping for changing diapers, stopping to play at the nearby playground when the course winds close by, etc.

Get yourself one of those 2 seater bike carts. The ones with full size 16" bike tires on back. The ones you can pull with your bike, or attach a 12" bike tire to the front and push it around. Thay way the kids have a spot to rest their legs, get out of the sun, etc. We used the snot our of ours with both kids (10+ year span altogether), and recently passed it on to a fellow golfer with a little guy. They work great for offroad discing as well as carrying the kids and other gear. They collapse real well and fit in the trunk of any car.

We recently moved into a one room apartment, but it is on 5 acres of wooded land and I only share it with 4 old men. I plan onsetting up my 4 practice baskets up while the wife is away to get ready for hawk hollow

picture.php

Kids are fun! My daughter has always loved going golfing with me.
Most of the time she rides for a round then we swing or climb on the jungle gym or stomp around in the little creek.
We both have fun.
Oh, and cloth diapers are great, by the way, especially if you can find a cloth diaper service.

Latest posts