• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Calendar Photo Submissions

SmoothSailor

* Ace Member *
I have been working on designing a disc golf calendar for a few weeks now and I've got a pretty sweet template set up for it. I don't have very many sweet disc golf pictures and I don't want to go out and just copy and paste pictures from the internet into it. So, I have decided to come here. There will be a photo on the cover, one for each month. The back cover will be used for sponsors and other various artwork.

How many and what am I looking for?
I am looking for 13 Disc Golf photos. These can be from a course, of a sweet dye, a tournament memory, a group of pals on the course, etc. Pretty much anything goes here, just remember disc golf is for all ages and what you wouldn't do or see on the course won't be in here.

Send to:
You can post submissions here, or send them to: [email protected] with the subject heading Calendar Submission.

Deadline.

I'll keep entries open until midnight of Jan 1, 2011. On Jan 3 I will start a poll with all submissions listed to be chosen from.

What do you get if you win?
You will get your choice of:
- Roc vs Buzzz T-shirt (limited quantities and sizes available)
- Roc vs Buzzz Disc (limited discs, weights and plastics available)
Every winner will get a mini disc in their prize pack as well. It will be a random draw of Innova or Discraft mini and no preferences will be taken.

Are these for a course or are they for me to make money?

50% of the proceeds from these calendars will go to 2 of my local courses - Young's Run DGC in Warren OH and Punderson State Park DGC in Newburry OH.

Young's Run is currently working on getting more benches and trash cans installed. Punderson is currently working on installing an entire back 9 holes from the trees to the ground to building everything back up.

When will they be available and how much?
Right now they will be tentatively released on Feb 15th, but if I can get them all squared away before then, they'll be out sooner. They will start with the month of March 2011 and end on March 2012. Right now the tentative price with shipping will be 16.00 as they're costing a little more than originally planned to make.

Sounds like a great idea, theres some aspiring photographers on the site here...

yeah, im pretty excited to see some of the photos that come of this. I may even have to make two different versions if there are enough lol.

Forgot to include this in the OP:

Please include for all submissions:

- Name
- Location (address needed for prize pack if you win)
- Location/Description of Photo (course, hole, par, state, who dyed the disc, etc.)
- Names of anyone in photo

just sent some pics to your email. I have more, but they are in transfer mode. I got a new laptop, and I haven't got all the pics off of it yet.

Crap! lol I'll be shooting you another email! I've got all the info except my address info.

lol its all good man. thanks for the submissions. these all look great. I think I'm going to put a limit on 5 entries per participant on this as well.

Limit 5 entries per person

14th position added!
There will also be a centerfold position in the running as well. Seeing as how I will have a couple more pages than I need for the calendar year, there will be a centerfold picture needed as well. Since this is a bigger picture, it will need to be of the highest caliber photo to be chosen. This picture will be chosen through a poll from the 14 initial winners and the centerfold winner will get a prize pack TBD.

Last edited:
Okay, but I'm not posing for the centerfold! :p

Cool, well I think I'll conjure up two more photos for my limit! :)

Alright, I've got my 5 in.

Got em! Wow, only posted for 90 minutes and already there are 17 photos entered. This is going to be intense! I may have to make a page for the poll and post a link here to keep from making a picture-flooded thread.

I'd love to have one when you're done...here are some of the favorites from my albums.

1078536288_V4E9a-Ti.jpg

Tahoe Vista, CA
1075502684_BDjMs-Ti-1.jpg

Zephyr Cove, NV
1082901312_RPwPx-Ti-1.jpg

Cove Point, Lake Superior, MN
1082906273_wUJaB-Ti-1.jpg

Cove Point, Lake Superior, MN
1110624616_xD8k8-Ti.jpg

Condon Park, Grass Valley, CA

This has already turned out to be an overwhelming response. As of right now there are 43 pictures entered into this contest. With only 14 being drawn and more than a week left for submissions, I'm thinking I may need to do a couple of different calendars for this... :)

You should talk with skinner or Timg if you are doing a poll on here. You are limited on the number of poll options unless you talk with them. They will be able to help you with the poll.

Latest posts