• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Cart Pictures and ideas

Thanks for all the cart ideas. Here is my $5 craigslist cart. I did spend a few extra dollars on the eye bolts to hang my bag and a few more to fill the tires with green slime to avoid flats.

Attachments

• jtrod cart 8-9-12.jpg
    jtrod cart 8-9-12.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 685
Seeing how I'm going to be a Grand Master next year I felt I needed to fit in...

DGCart.jpg

$25 on Craig's List.

Now I'll be able to compete in the Geezer division. (I might have a chance at not being last all the time)

I was finally able to get my DG cart setup. The cart is all aluminum with a front brake, and collapsible basket and cost me $20 at a garage sale. The cart alone probably ways less than 20lbs which makes it easier to maneuver around the course. I added D links to hang the bag, bungee'd the cooler (which I can use a smaller cooler if needed), a hanger for my MP3 player speaker, stool, umbrella, and a couple of chains hanging also in case I need to carry/hang something that wasn't planned on. I love this thing. I had back surgery a couple years ago and still can't play a round without pain if I'm carrying my bag. This has saved my back from tons of pain and will always be taken with me when possible.

523542_10151234229292059_1194729891_n.jpg

If you could somehow rig a seat on that you'd be loving it.

I've been thinking about that but not really sure what to come up with to still keep it collapsible. I do have a stool bungee corded to the top frame so I have easy access if needed though. The stool has a strap that I can even just loop over the handle if I'm going to use it frequently but I rarely use a seat unless it's a log or picnic table lol.

Mabuku1: Are we playing disc golf, or running five miles?

Sounds like someone is jealous to me. LOL Like I said in my post....I had back surgery a couple years ago and carrying my bag on my back creates a lot of pain even after a couple holes. I'm still able to play just not with that weight on my back. I've played a couple rounds with this cart and have played with no pain what so ever.....If it keeps me on the course and playing the game I love it's worth it.

Im loving my cart and Im glad to see others with carts. I see a guy playing every so often and he has a Fade Tourney bag, he carries a broom and a stool with him. He was looking at my cart the other day, he didnt ask any questions about the cart, but im sure ill see him with a cart soon, he needs one.

This winter I played a tourney in the worst conditions ever, sleet etc. As I was thawing out by a fire, Schwebbie strolled up with a Go Kart and umbrella, content as hell. I then decided I would do something similar and not spend $200.

First I bought this:
http://www.amazon.com/Magna-Cart-Pe...TF8&qid=1369283042&sr=8-5&keywords=magna+cart

And built around it. You can probably find that Magna Cart cheaper on the interwebz.

Without the umbrella the footprint is not bad at all and I like having some designated 'clean parts' to my ensemble out on the course.

Also, first time I used this, I just strapped a bungee cord around the base. Now I use a strap, but I'll prolly add the bungee cord for extra protection.

I just built some pockets on the sides for putters and stuff with Duck Tape and those Recycled Shopping Bags.

Last edited:
I couldn't have a cart
Because I would build it so elaborate
By the time I was done it would have the kitchen sink
and would weigh 200lbs.

Here is my build off a Schwinn/Instep jogger. I just stripped off most of the fabric then drilled 2 additional holes and added some eyelets and stickers. Easy access to everything in my bag and plenty of room at the bottom for a cooler, extra clothes, stuff for an extra/new player, etc. I hope to figure out how to add an umbrella holder and maybe a way to attach a tripod stool. Folds up nicely, and I can have it out of my car and ready to go in under a minute.

HEre is one I put together for about $80 in total cost. Cooler holds up to a case. Still requires a few more additions for stools and extra storage but this did REAL well in our doubles event.

BAg holder is hinged and comes apart very nice for storage.

Attachments

• v2.0 DG.jpg
    v2.0 DG.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 665
  • v2.0large cooler.jpg
    v2.0large cooler.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 406
HEre is one I put together for about $80 in total cost. Cooler holds up to a case. Still requires a few more additions for stools and extra storage but this did REAL well in our doubles event.

BAg holder is hinged and comes apart very nice for storage.

^The cat is not impressed:doh:..................... but I am. Great carts guys!!

This winter I played a tourney in the worst conditions ever, sleet etc. As I was thawing out by a fire, Schwebbie strolled up with a Go Kart and umbrella, content as hell. I then decided I would do something similar and not spend $200.

First I bought this:
http://www.amazon.com/Magna-Cart-Pe...TF8&qid=1369283042&sr=8-5&keywords=magna+cart

And built around it. You can probably find that Magna Cart cheaper on the interwebz.

Without the umbrella the footprint is not bad at all and I like having some designated 'clean parts' to my ensemble out on the course.

Also, first time I used this, I just strapped a bungee cord around the base. Now I use a strap, but I'll prolly add the bungee cord for extra protection.

I just built some pockets on the sides for putters and stuff with Duck Tape and those Recycled Shopping Bags.

My brother has almost the exact same cart. You can find them at Menards Stores for around $20 or for less on sale. He has used it since the end of last season and it still works fine. One of the wheels is starting to crack as they aren't made for the abuse and rough terrain but I believe he is going to be looking at putting some larger wheels on it. If he does the wheel modification soon I will have him post pics.

My brother has almost the exact same cart. You can find them at Menards Stores for around $20 or for less on sale. He has used it since the end of last season and it still works fine. One of the wheels is starting to crack as they aren't made for the abuse and rough terrain but I believe he is going to be looking at putting some larger wheels on it. If he does the wheel modification soon I will have him post pics.

I am Cams Brother he speaks of in the quoted post. I had bought my cart at Menards last year near the middle of summer and I really liked it. But like Cam said the only bad thing about my cart is that after all the rough terrain the one wheel had began to crack. So Cam and I were thinking of a way to fix my problem. So I came up with this:

The parts used in this modification are as follows:
  1. 3' of 1/2 Threaded Rod (course thread)
  2. 1/2 Nylock Nuts (2) (course thread)
  3. 8" Lawn Mower Wheels with 1/2 hole

Here is a picture showing Old vs New:

Here is a side view showing the Nylock Nut and new wheels:

And last but not least a shot of the whole cart:

With parts and cart the total for all was around $50. Everything was purchased at Menards. Thanks for taking a gander and I hope this helps someone out!

Here is my current cart. I bought this cart at a garage sale for $3!!! I used for first time last week with my Revo. Worked well however there was some tire rub on one of the drink holders. I added a board to keep back of bag straight. Added two PVC pipes for a reach pole and a chair. Both bottom caps drilled out to drain if the need is there. I don't normally carry much extra except in winter. And I have a traditional golf pull cart and jog stroller if I need to carry more.

Pros: lightweight, collapsable, fits well in car, easy to pull, tracks well, solid tires won't pop.

Cons: A little wobbly over big bumpy courses, no room for tons of extras outside of bag storage,

Playing my 2nd week with it this week.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 462
Last edited:
Took some photos of my cart. First one the Cart folded up. Second the cart Extended. Third loaded with my Innova bag and the seat down. Forth loaded with my Grip and the seat up. Other than it would be nice to have bigger wheels I really like my cart.

Did you make this? Or is it for like a suitcase? I love it.

I want to build one of these...someone help me out! I need a supply list.

Igloo no longer makes the box that is used for these. The guy who made these even tried to see if he could purchase the mold from them but they obviously declined. If you can find another box that is rigid like these and will hold up over time, let me know where you got it.

These are the best carts ever made, all the materials on mine only cost about $150.

Latest posts