• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Cart Pictures and ideas

Took an instep cart and made a simple backing for the bag and then used eyebolts that carabiners clip onto to hold the straps. Works great.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 305
Here is a pic of two carts I just picked up from goodwill.
They were having a BOGO FREE sale, so they cost me $11.97 for both of them, out the door.
I have often said I don't need a cart, and that I play for the exercise, but after a long tourney weekend, with my big bag crammed full of back ups etc. My ass is dragging.
But I think I bought these more because I like the building project aspects more than I want to use the carts.
It's going to be a challenge to see if I can keep them light enough for the wife to want to use hers.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20150404_193746-1.jpg
    20150404_193746-1.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 917
I am just concerned that the old school 2 wheel design will be a pain in the butt over rough terrain.

Just converted one myself. Used it for the first time over the weekend and it did great. I'll try and post a pic later tonight.

2s9p312.jpg
24welht.jpg

24ex8ac.jpg
2aahres.jpg

2s67kae.jpg

Notes:
-Rides great! (I could sling bag higher)
-Will add some sort of pouch near handle
-Will add some hockey tape wrap where bag hits frame
-'Chains' are quite functional for clip points for towels
-Very simple re-purposing and mods. No power tools

/// Total tall-boy capacity with 2/3 ice ratio + @ 20 discs + XXXL Hoodie about 16 with current set-up.

All the courses in my area are in mostly flat parks, which promoted me to utilize some sort of chart design for the Mrs. Her tourney groups are quite slow and she wanted a cart she could sit on, as well as hold a few extras. She's used it for a few tourneys already and absolutely loves it.

At some point when the summer heat is in full swing I will add an umbrella for shade. It is also worth noting that those are tall boys in the back pocket, which can even be filled with ice. 45 $ at a thrift store.

All the courses in my area are in mostly flat parks, which promoted me to utilize some sort of chart design for the Mrs. Her tourney groups are quite slow and she wanted a cart she could sit on, as well as hold a few extras. She's used it for a few tourneys already and absolutely loves it.

At some point when the summer heat is in full swing I will add an umbrella for shade. It is also worth noting that those are tall boys in the back pocket, which can even be filled with ice. 45 $ at a thrift store.

This thing is so sweet, where the heck did you find it?
The wheels are too small for all the places we play, but I could change them.

I am just concerned that the old school 2 wheel design will be a pain in the butt over rough terrain.

i rocked a 2 wheel old school cart for the last 3 years.Thread Here i never had much issue with rough terrain unless it was like a rock trail that even i would have to pay attention to walking. when pulling the tires will go over quite a few things you don't think about. they go down stairs real well, rocks, hills. def better than picking up and putting down a bag for 36 holes. or 6 rounds in a weekend.

after 3 years though, i am just now having an issue with a wheel and had credit at resale so i upgraded to a 3 wheel bag boy. should be able to drill new holes and just move my bag shelf straight over without to much of an issue. that is on my to-do list tonight so i will try to get some pics up tomorrow. either way the $10 i spend for my old one has paid me back with less pain multiple times over.

Happy Throwing.
darren

I am having some aluminum racks I made, welded up by a buddy at work.
But until then, I whipped this up, just to try it.
sideways pics, but you get the idea.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20150417_202454.jpg
    20150417_202454.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 862
  • 20150417_202644.jpg
    20150417_202644.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 865
This thing is so sweet, where the heck did you find it?
The wheels are too small for all the places we play, but I could change them.

A thrift store, my area is filthy with them. I'm not sure if the cart is meant for senior citizens or children, either way it's probably someone who wears a diaper. I was on the prowl for a pull golf cart and found the chair/stroller instead. I can identify with the dragging ass after a long tournament sentiment and am still looking for something similar to your set up. It looks pretty sweet, any hidden issues to look out for when shopping to them?

As long as I'm posting on here I might as well share this beauty too. It is the frame to a generic nylon pull cart/ tote that I'm going make into a DG tourney cart.

I bought the 2 wheeled pull carts on a whim, mostly because they were so cheap. ($12.oo for both of them)
I think a 3 wheel cart is probably the best way to go.
At least around here, some of the courses can be pretty rugged, and having the ability to lift it up on to just the front tire seems like a good option to have.
I would swear I would never have a cart, but I think I need to take that back now.
I thought it was going to be a tough sell to the wife, but I didn't really give her a chance to say no.
After just my first day with a half-assed cart, I can see they are a good deal for a long weekend.
And the wife didn't think it was that bad either ;)

Last edited:
blah human powered

You could do what I did and build a cart that a dog can pull.

That way you don't strain your arms pulling or have to worry about your dog not getting enough exercise.

Attachments

• cart 1.jpg
    cart 1.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 349
  • cart2.jpg
    cart2.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 319
  • cart3.jpg
    cart3.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 311
A thrift store, my area is filthy with them. I'm not sure if the cart is meant for senior citizens or children, either way it's probably someone who wears a diaper. I was on the prowl for a pull golf cart and found the chair/stroller instead. I can identify with the dragging ass after a long tournament sentiment and am still looking for something similar to your set up. It looks pretty sweet, any hidden issues to look out for when shopping to them?

You sir, have won this thread by a land slide!!!!!!!!!!!

My jackass of a dog would just run off with my discs every time he sees a squirrel! Your cart looks awesome though!

You could do what I did and build a cart that a dog can pull.

That way you don't strain your arms pulling or have to worry about your dog not getting enough exercise.

Latest posts