• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Cart/Trolley?

jenb1

Par Member
I want to get a disc golf cart and I don't want to have to build anything, but I'm having difficulty finding one to order.

I like the ones on the left in this pic, and they look like regukar golf hand carts with some kind of special linear wallet style "bag" added to hold the discs. I already have the golf hand cart, but I haven't been able to find that "bag" to buy. Does anyone know where I can order it online?

P1000481.jpg

I did find one disc golf cart that I can order, but I don't think I want this particular style of cart, because my lower back is giving me problems, and I want to be able to avoid bending down to get and replace my discs. http://www.clearwaterdiscgolfstore.com/ultracompactdisccart-p-2761.html

Are there any other golf carts that I can order that will hold at least some of the the discs up high, hold drinks, and hold a disc retriever?

Steady 26542 said:
I think GottaGoGottaThrow has something. Check them out. Great people, fast shipping.

Indeed they do. The Go Cart http://gottagogottathrow.com/discgolf/go-cart-p-1689.html is something I saw a number of players using around my local MN courses. Although they looked very functional I thought they seemed a bit cumbersome and the price seemed a bit high for something that a $20.00 stool and a decent pair of back straps could accomplish. When making this argument to a friend and Go Cart owner they allowed me to use it for round. This thing is amazing! The construction is sturdy (yet light) and able to take abuse. Since using the cart I no longer have to carry a thing. It won't take more than one round with this cart to realize how much stress carrying your bag adds to your shoulders and back after a round. I'm in my mid 20's and in decent physical condition so I was surprised how much the relief of removing this weight and pressure on my joints added to better scores at the end of my rounds as I had little to no fatigue. If you play tournaments this is as necessary as having discs to play with.
GoCart2010-400px.jpg

One of the dudes I play with uses a hand cart with wallet bag. I think he made his own but I'll ask next time I see him.

I ordered a Wallaby bag from discndat. It arrived today. I just didn't know what to call that kind of bag, but someone told me the correct name.

I can't wait for the weather to warm up. I'm getting bored with the disc golf video game in Tiger Woods 2010 for the WII.

I don't know. I found it on this website. http://freakyfranks.com/

ihasadisc said:
I ordered a Wallaby bag from discndat. It arrived today. I just didn't know what to call that kind of bag, but someone told me the correct name.

I can't wait for the weather to warm up. I'm getting bored with the disc golf video game in Tiger Woods 2010 for the WII.

I feel you we have ridiculous amounts of snow in Finland and i'll hopefully get more traction on March 29 when i go to film The Dutch Open. Before the actual event i'll be breaking the winter trouble by throwing there. Luckily i haven't played Wii TW 2010 that much so it ain't a bore for me yet. I haven't played each course yet. That's how busy i've been so i still have ways to go before getting bored. But the nasty part is overtime at work and video work meaning i have no time or physical capability to throw or practice or play TW without hurting my body. I'm in pain as it is. So at least i'm getting paid and getting infrastructure training but it doesn't help in any way for avoiding cabin fever.

JR said:
ihasadisc said:

I feel you we have ridiculous amounts of snow in Finland and i'll hopefully get more traction on March 29 when i go to film The Dutch Open. Before the actual event i'll be breaking the winter trouble by throwing there. Luckily i haven't played Wii TW 2010 that much so it ain't a bore for me yet. I haven't played each course yet. That's how busy i've been so i still have ways to go before getting bored. But the nasty part is overtime at work and video work meaning i have no time or physical capability to throw or practice or play TW without hurting my body. I'm in pain as it is. So at least i'm getting paid and getting infrastructure training but it doesn't help in any way for avoiding cabin fever.

Oh, wow. It was cold here for a couple of weeks. I think we even had snow and ice when I wrote that, but it's been in the low 20s (celsius) for the past couple of weeks now. I've played 5 rounds already.

I think you need to come to Texas and play a few rounds. You deserve it.

It's 4 bucks plus local transportation tickets to an indoor sports hall where i can throw so i think i'll save my money thank you very much but i'm envious :mrgreen: I'll console myself that in five weeks i'm going to film the first Euro Tour event of 2011 The Dutch Open and last year they were six weeks ahead of Finland in terms of nature turning to summer. Last year was as crazy as this one. The worst two years since 1987. The money will be well spent on great Dutch cheese for example so i'm not complaining. Now that i know there is a place in my town in which to train with traction. Although i can't really see the full flight.

I unveiled my first home built cart. "I need to upgrade the leg. I'm planning on a seat directly above it. The cooler section worked good. I was concerned that it woould need more insulation.

DSCN0160.jpg

DSCN0165.jpg

DSCN0153.jpg

Well, it was a long time coming but I finally got a go cart. I would like to carry a cooler this summer under the seat, and find a way to rig up a wallaby bag or similar on the back. Does anyone make something like that that is specifically tailored to fit the go cart?

I have no experience with carts and have no idea except a dirty one about seats that can be lifted up and down on a cooler. Those can be found anywhere selling WC accessories :-D Somehow i think the coolness factor might be compromised fo rthe general population even though i am sure that in some circles you would gain street cred :) Carpenter and construction supply shops should have prettier options and oi would not be surprised if you can find one with an online catalogue to see what is available seat wise.

There are battery operated mini fridges for automotive use so maybe a car accessory shop might be a good option for the cooler.

It should be easy enough to rig up an attachment to any kind of bag or pouch with cable ties, rope or even tying the carrying apparatus of a bag around the handle of the cart. You could attach a 90 degree angled piece or a basket to the handle to act as a support for the bag making the tying less demanding. Good luck and please let us know how you rig it up and what it is like in action and how much easier playing will be for you. Pictures would be nice.