• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Commercial

By the way, that is a short version, there's a longer one that ads in some other people and why they like DG.

Holy crap, that just gave me ADD :wall:

But it was on ESPNU

I wonder how many seizures this triggered? :|

depends on what kind of seizures you're talking about.

Now give the PDGA a break. That situation just let them know that they needed to have something ready of a different quality, or they'd reap exactly what they sowed. Since that time (obviously) they've made better commercial spots which are ready whenever someone asks.

Last edited:
I couldn't watch the complete old one. It was giving me motion sickness. :sick::sick::sick:

The new ones are WAY better. :thmbup:

Araytx, thanks for finding the full version. As bad as the first one is, the second one is quite good! BTW - I had never heard the "go in" comment on Paul's drive before, exceeeeellent!

Araytx, thanks for finding the full version. As bad as the first one is, the second one is quite good! BTW - I had never heard the "go in" comment on Paul's drive before, exceeeeellent!

It was his second shot, an ace on that hole would be legendary, but impossible. It was for eagle ;)

However, the new commercial is very good. I could see it on TV and think it was pretty good.

I wonder how many seizures this triggered? :|

As someone with an epileptic history, that first commercial definitely freaked me a bit; same effect as a strobe light. I hate it when I get surprised like that. Plus, I can't even get a handle on what the sport is about with that editing. 2nd one is infinitely better.

Lotta white people in those commercials. Or should I say, not a lotta non-white people.

Paul ain't white, he's... preppy! :) Actually, there is a fair measure of hispanic, women, young and old in it. Not to bad. They could have gotten Philo I supose. Speaking of Philo, did anyone watch the last round of the KCWO? He was great on this one shot where he hit a tree. He throws his hands up and yells, "Philo!" The same way I'm sure his mom did when she was annoyed with him.

Speaking of Philo, did anyone watch the last round of the KCWO? He was great on this one shot where he hit a tree. He throws his hands up and yells, "Philo!" The same way I'm sure his mom did when she was annoyed with him.

Before I noticed anything else I noticed his sloppy dress and his attitude. The attitude really turned me off. He was, if I remember right, tied for lead on his card in the KCWO video that I was watching, but makes a bad throw (OB) on 18, and even after the guy he was tied with (Koling?) does the same he can be seen moping, leaning on the tee sign. The only other guy I have seen exhibit as little class has been Locastro. :-( I don't think either one would make good spokesmen for DG.

Before I noticed anything else I noticed his sloppy dress and his attitude. The attitude really turned me off. He was, if I remember right, tied for lead on his card in the KCWO video that I was watching, but makes a bad throw (OB) on 18, and even after the guy he was tied with (Koling?) does the same he can be seen moping, leaning on the tee sign. The only other guy I have seen exhibit as little class has been Locastro. :-( I don't think either one would make good spokesmen for DG.

My daughter and I had the opportunity to meet both Nikko and Pbilo at Worlds last year. We followed Nikkko's group. He had a couple minor hiccups during his round but generally stayed "gallery friendly" throughout. My 11 year old daughter had a Nikko sign and he even talked to her once during the round, giving her a big smile and thumbs up. He also talked nicely with us after the round, signed a disc, and took a nice picture with my daughter.

After the round we ran into Philo. He was great, too. He was very polite. He signed a disc for us and chatted for a while. I was surprised that he wasn't in a rush to get out of there but he spent several minutes with us.

So is their behavior on the course alwasye the best? No. I get that. But they both represented disc golf very well after their rounds. Just a couple thoughts on the matter. :)

Seriously???? Seriously? Let's not go there.

I apologize. If I've learned anything in society today because of my race I am not allowed to make any commentary regarding race and related issues regardless of how true my commentary may be or even if it is my own formulated opinion. Anything I have to say on such subjects is automatically labeled as racist. Again, I apologize for my apparently racist commentary in spite of saying something that was competely true.

After the round we ran into Philo. He was great, too. He was very polite. He signed a disc for us and chatted for a while. I was surprised that he wasn't in a rush to get out of there but he spent several minutes with us.

Yeah, Philo is all class. Always up for a chat, super friendly, adult.

When players act out during competition, I tend to give them a break. All the pros really get after it during play, I know it's easy to lose your head once in a while while you're working. Losing your temper during competition almost always produces poorer results, so they're getting punished plenty already, in my view.

What I notice is the sullenness, lack of maturity & lack of professionalism I see sometimes from pros when they're away from the course, being interviewed, on social media, etc.

Philo may sulk and get wound up over his performance during a round, once in a while, but I've never seen him curse or lash out at anyone but himself. And once the competition is over, he's the best.

Hopefully my mis-direction below won't get this thread directed to the Landfill.

Get more non white poeple to play the game and then there will be more non white people in the commercials.

Seriously???? Seriously? Let's not go there.
I apologize. If I've learned anything in society today because of my race I am not allowed to make any commentary regarding race and related issues regardless of how true my commentary may be or even if it is my own formulated opinion. Anything I have to say on such subjects is automatically labeled as racist. Again, I apologize for my apparently racist commentary in spite of saying something that was competely true.

OK, since you sarcastically went there, so will I.

I never called nor implied you were racist. I don't know you at all, other than what I've seen you post. I said "don't go there," because your original statement, basically implying that "...if the PDGA gets more non-whites in disc golf, that will lead to more non-whites in the PDGA's commercials" was overly presumptuous or pre-judging. So, either a) you are so sheltered you don't know what you're talking about; or b) you don't care that you don't know what you're talking about. In either case, it's the showing of ignorance (look up the meaning of the word) that caused me to ask you not to go there. I'm in the video below in one of several spots I've done to help, I believe, contribute to the disc golf community. Many other people of all nationalities do so -- like KJ Nybo, Steve Rico, Eagle McMahon, Seppo Paju, Philo Brathwate; and in my state, George Castillo, Luis Gonzales, JD Ramirez, Jimmy Zamora, and on and on and on. I believe that Rodney properly pointed out in his post #31 a glaring opportunity for the PDGA and disc golf community to more accurately represent itself in the future. I did not take offense, because just like the first commercial on ESPNU, you gotta start somewhere and hopefully get better over time. I am not offended by your commentary on race; I was bothered by both your ignorance and the inherent sarcasm in the reply. Make a well-thought-out accurate commentary on race in disc golf and we can have an intelligent discussion. I don't holler "race card!" at every turn, that's not what I am saying.

It's a commercial, Mr. RocketGuy. A "pre-planned, set up advertising promotion." Like most commercials, I am pretty sure that the actors/participants were selected in advance. The producer of the spot can pick anyone he/she chooses. And btw, your assertion that your premise was "completely true[sic]" lacks foundation. Maybe where you live, but not where I do.

This was from Episode 6 on DynamicDiscs.tv:

Latest posts