• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Dogs

H3LlIoN

Wanted to post these up 'cuz he's so damned adorable...normally we don't take the dogs with us, because they tend to be hard of hearing when there are people around and discs flying, but one of my DG buddies is here on vacation and just bought a Chesapeake Bay Retriever, so he brought him out for our pre-Thanksgiving game. By the way, Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

6tmnop.jpg

b46a74.jpg

That second picture is the cutest photo i've seen in a LONG while. I love all animals, especially pups. :D I'm currently looking for a good disc golf dog aswell, any suggestions?

There's a dog at our local course that when runs with it's owner carrys a blowfly at ALL times. While we are getting ready to tee off, he will drop his blowfly and encourage someone to throw it for him. Cute dog and the owner is super cool too.

What kind of plastic is Chesapeake? Are they glidey? How do the hold up when you hit a tree with them?

Yeah, I can play that game too...
Starts off pretty stiff and it has a tendency to wander a bit, but breaks in real fast after you get some solid tree slams. After that, they just kinda lay down right where you throw them. Also easier to find after a while, you can just follow the blood trail and flies. Damn vultures never call to return them when you lose them though.

There's a dog at our local course that when runs with it's owner carrys a blowfly at ALL times. While we are getting ready to tee off, he will drop his blowfly and encourage someone to throw it for him. Cute dog and the owner is super cool too.

That's pretty awesome. This dog is pretty chill...I think he's gonna make a great disc dog. Chuck took him back to AZ today, so hopefully he'll be well trained the next time I see him. I need to start bringing my dog out more, but he's super excitable, and I think I'd spend more time chasing him than playing, unfortunately.

I am getting this guy tomorrow. He was on his way to the pound, but at the last minute, the family posted him on Facebook, and looking for him a home. He just wandered up on their farm, but they already have too many dogs, and I just couldnt let this good looking dog go to the pound. I hope to train him to go to the course with me.

311495_2720534256597_1354277789_33101773_1323370470_n.jpg

Thats awesome man. I'm a huge animal lover, so it's always nice for me to see animals going to good homes vs the pound. Get him a blowfly :)

Actually that thread hadn't been bumped for over a month and had probably been off the first page when this thread was made. A day after this thread was made, the other one was bumped and kept active.

I am getting this guy tomorrow. He was on his way to the pound, but at the last minute, the family posted him on Facebook, and looking for him a home. He just wandered up on their farm, but they already have too many dogs, and I just couldnt let this good looking dog go to the pound. I hope to train him to go to the course with me.

311495_2720534256597_1354277789_33101773_1323370470_n.jpg

Ah dude, that's awesome. Props to you for saving him from the pound...my dog was a pound rescue as well. What'did ya' name him?