• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf dream job

PDGA staff member, going to work at the IDGC, getting off work and being at the IDGC, dealing with disc golfers all day.....wouldn't be bad.

I've been to Flyboy. It is super-nice, but it is nothing like I would imagine a disc golf resort to be. I think of a disc golf country club as something similar to a golf and tennis CC, with valet out front, a few bars with classy bartenders, a pro shop, carts and caddies, and Bill Murray hunting a gopher.

Ideally, my disc golf dream job would be something like B.M. in Caddyshack.

disc golf resort

ever hear of highbridge in northern wisconsin? granted its not a luxury resort, but they have the honka house for rent as well as the little cabin. campground right down the way with a little 9 holer. plus some of the best disc golf courses in the world. all in one spot. and you can rent golf carts for 2 of the courses. the owner puts on music festivals sometimes and is a very cool guy from my experience. i dont think he makes a lot of money though. maybe a few years ago he did.

There's a local golf club called "Four Winds" they have an 18 hole golf course and you can buy lots and put a camper on them. It's basically a blue collar golf club.

They drink a lot of booze while they play golf and instead of driving home & possibly getting busted for DUI. They drive their carts up the hill to their campers and party some more until every one passes out.

I always thought it would be a great idea for 3 or 4 disc golf courses.

I think Dunipace has a pretty dream job as Innova co-owner plus designing and testing discs, working with the top players and getting to play in worldwide events with no pressure to win to pay for his next meal.

ever hear of highbridge in northern wisconsin? granted its not a luxury resort, but they have the honka house for rent as well as the little cabin. campground right down the way with a little 9 holer. plus some of the best disc golf courses in the world. all in one spot. and you can rent golf carts for 2 of the courses. the owner puts on music festivals sometimes and is a very cool guy from my experience. i dont think he makes a lot of money though. maybe a few years ago he did.

Land just off the courses is also available for purchase.

Sandy Point Disc Golf Ranch is close to what is being asked about here.

Yeah, the family at Sandy Point has it sweet. Great course, pro shop, boating, swimming, luxury lodging, beautiful area of the country... they are on vacation all the time!

I personally have always wanted to be a course designer, but only on really awesome land.

I wanna be a pompous course designer that charges way too much, but people still line up to throw money at.

Fly me around the globe on private jets, staying in posh hotels, partying like Charlie Sheen every night.

Couple hours a week you wander around some park and tell a guy where to push dirt with his bulldozer.

My image on every frikin' tee sign.

Hot assistant to deal with the idiots, so I dont have to.

I think I could do that for a while.

Greenskeeper lol!!

Hey ! It ain't all that and a bag of chips.
Trust me. :|

I don't know that I'd like a job associated with DG. It might take the fun out of it.

I think I'd rather whine about not playing enough.

My dream job would be to get crazy rich somehow and then open up a disc golf store kinda like Sun King/Disc Stalker/Disc Caddie. Basically be able to run the store without having to worry about having it fail. Start off selling primarily in person to customers, but after a while possibly venturing into online sales.

I'd enjoy sponsoring/running local tournaments throughout Georgia and maybe try and jumpstart a county vs. county league sorta thing. The best part in my opinion would be hopefully getting young kids into the sport, and sponsoring some of the more talented ones in hopes that it will help them make it big.

... now I just gotta get that big chunk of change to get my dream going.

I'd like to either do this freelance or for one of the basket manufacturers...spend my time doing proposals to cities and counties selling them courses and then lining up different designers based on their budget, lay of land and wants and needs of the disc golf community in their area.

Basicly selling the course and then deciding what would work best for their location and line up someone to come in and oversee the design and installation.

Either that or fulltime seeking sponsors for tournments.

working on mine...importer for discs to Australia to sell out of 'golf' shops here. Already working with the company to expand into disc golf. When you consider a regular golf shop can only grow by so much, disc golf is the ON LY logical step for them to expand and look to the future.

Latest posts