• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf For Old Guys

I turned 63 this year....I play 4 to 6 rounds a week. Monday Doubles every week at Lake Stevens, WA and occasionally Thursday Doubles at Loutsis Park Carnation, WA. Placed second this year in Grandmasters at Aquafest in Lake Stevens....I'll get that first place wooden disc next year for sure:thmbup:

They kinda sorta do have these get togethers. NY has the Empire State Senior Games and disc golf is one of the events. Happens on or about the first Friday in June. And then there was the National Senior Games (or whatever it was called) that happened recently in Cleveland.

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade because it would be cool if someone could organize such a thing. I'm just saying they're is at least two other options happening every year. I had shoulder surgery so I missed both this year. But I did play in the NY Games the 3 previous years. For me its the best event of the year. The course is TC3 Panther Highlands, a great course in my mind.

Gee, I don't know Jay. Doctors appointments, bridge club, senior dance.....:p
Honestly a great idea though.

What's a great idea? I forget what I said...

;)

Seriously though it wouldn't have to be anything more than finding a course and weekend every (or most) can make, show up and play golf.

For those who play tournaments, there is the Selinske Masters Cup. A big tournament that you have to be over 40 to play in.

Am Worlds comes close. Though not exclusively old guys, we're in separate pools playing separate courses all week.

Its not to hard to get a group of old folks for a round down here...

Closing in on 50 (next year). First played casually back in the 70s with pole courses & giant Whamos. Three years ago a co-worker said he played & we started playing together - I've been hooked ever since. My game has improved over that time. I can now throw 300' + when all the arm speed & snap come together. Last year I started playing in tournaments (AM3 because there usually are not enough of us old geezers to make up a Masters division) & placing last in all of them. This year I've been starting to finish in the middle of the pack. Just finished 4th in an Ace Race with over 90 players.
Just as I've seen so many of you already say, the approach game & putting is the place where we can put(t) the whippersnappers in their place ("drive for show, putt for dough").

Latest posts