• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf in Minnesota

bwill76

To all.disc golfers in Minnesota,

I am in the Twin Cities area for the weekend and would really like to.throw some rounds before I leave. If I were to pick a handful of courses to play, which ones would everyone suggest?

Thanks in advance for everyone's input

To all.disc golfers in Minnesota,

I am in the Twin Cities area for the weekend and would really like to.throw some rounds before I leave. If I were to pick a handful of courses to play, which ones would everyone suggest?

Thanks in advance for everyone's input

Kaposia is nice, and pretty easy to get to - that's the wealth of my knowledge. :D

Some of the good ones right in the metro area are still not open for the season (Bryant Lake,Hyland,etc.). But if you can, make the short drive up to East Bethel go to Blue Ribbon Pines. Probably the best course in MN and one of the best in general. You will not be dissapointed. Otherwise I would say The Valley course in Inver Grove Heights and Kaposia and Acorn in St.Paul.

Last edited:
I used to live in the twin cities. personally Kaposia, BRP, Acorn, Valley, Lakewood in that order.

kaposia is in good shape. i play in shoes but they were soaked after 18. also can be tough to navigate... follow well worn paths. plymouth is also in good condition because theres a tourny tomorrow. keep in mind that EVERY course has foot deep snow in places, but those two have shoveled tees

kaposia is in good shape. i play in shoes but they were soaked after 18. also can be tough to navigate... follow well worn paths. plymouth is also in good condition because theres a tourny tomorrow. keep in mind that EVERY course has foot deep snow in places, but those two have shoveled tees

i love plymouth. definitely near perfect use of the land. fun!

IMHO Opinion (and in order)

Blue Ribbon Pines
Kaposia
Oakwood
Lakewood
CP Adams
The Valley
Acorn (I hate Acorn for totally irrational reasons, but I'll include it here because some people love it)

Bryant Lake is awesome as well, but is closed for the season.

I left the Cities today for a job in Madison and will miss all of the above courses.

Played Kaposia one last time last night. :(

Last edited:
IMHO Opinion (and in order)

In My Honest Opinion Opinion.......????? Is that like saving with Hotwire so you can go go on another vacation?

Ohh forgot about Oakwood. Fun course.

In My Honest Opinion Opinion.......????? Is that like saving with Hotwire so you can go go on another vacation?

Ohh forgot about Oakwood. Fun course.

LOL. One too many beers, IMHOO(O)0.

Played Oakwood in a foot of snow a couple weeks ago. Not as fun as playing in mid-May or early September, but oh well.

Back to the original question, BRP is definitely a destination course. I liked Lochness (9-holer) which you could hit on the way to / from BRP, but if it has been warmer up there lately, I could see that course being very soupy. If you're in the SE part of the metro, Kaposia, the Valley, Oakwood, and CP Adams are all solid. Can't vouch for current conditions, though.

I would also consider driving up to hidden lake in st augusta..........IMO if I were in that area, I would play Kaposia, BRP, The valley, Hidden Lake and Bryant lake (but only because of the beautiful landscaping, otherwise that course is way overrated IMO).

BRP has the Mulligan Stew tournament today and I have the Legacy Discs Ace Run at Plymouth Creek. Check in starting at 9 and teeing off at 10.