• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf in Minnesota

hitting up Lakewood probably later today after replacing a buddies water pump and oil change. . . Anyone going out for a Easter round? Last year it was SOOOOO nice out :|

Surprised this hasn't been prerubed yet. This has been asked dozens of times with the same answers in slightly different order every time. I would also check out Moir Park for a bit of disc golf history.

Bassett is not the best course in the area, but it is more playable than most of the courses on the west side. A little muddy by Hole 12 but otherwise better than anywhere else I have played in the last week.

Bassett is not the best course in the area, but it is more playable than most of the courses on the west side. A little muddy by Hole 12 but otherwise better than anywhere else I have played in the last week.

Shakopee is also playable now, with water in areas. Another course, Crown college will be the site for Wednesday league @ 6 pm this week so come check it out.

I just was there earlier today and it was pretty nice. It wasn't too wet but boots are necessary.

Ahh, I can't wait until the remainder of this snow is killed off for good so it can start to dry out a bit. Also for Three Rivers to plop their baskets in. Once Bryant / Hyland go in I can start my weekly rotations between hyland, bryant, crown, and so forth while ignoring Staring Lake completely. That course is unfortunately full of cancerous players with no course etiquette that just trash the place.

When I first started I played about 5 rounds a day at staring. Fun little 9-holer. But it's unbearable now.

Bassett's blacktop teepads can get pretty slick with the slightest of moisture,too.

I actually really like that course.

Does anyone know if there are any plans to make the three bootleg holes at Lakewood into permanent holes? A 21 hole course would be awesome

I played Central Park 9 holer on Sunday and it was in pretty nice condition, despite it being incredibly windy outside that day. I might have to make this my afterwork destination for the next couple of weeks. Snow almost all gone, only slightly wet/muddy in some areas, and it gives you a chance to throw some bombers (at least for me ... >400').

edit: Althought, hole #8's basket is missing.

I played Central Park 9 holer on Sunday and it was in pretty nice condition, despite it being incredibly windy outside that day. I might have to make this my afterwork destination for the next couple of weeks. Snow almost all gone, only slightly wet/muddy in some areas, and it gives you a chance to throw some bombers (at least for me ... >400').

edit: Althought, hole #8's basket is missing.

Hole 8 is missing? They normally pull Hole 7 during the winter because it is on the backside of the sledding hill, but they normally leave Hole 8 alone. Is it missing? Or do you just have your numbers backwards?

Shakopee is golden. Red Oak is a swampland. Rosland is not bad, teeboxes are clear, but still kinda muddy and partial snow/ice on most fairways. Hole 8 actually is really fun to play right now with the temporary water hazard pushing right up to the backside of the basket. Can't wait for Bryant to break this rotation and wait for Hyland to begin the long melt.

Latest posts