• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf on the Wii

yeah i played the beach sports wii game. and it was fun just like any other game when you have 4 other guys playing their hardest. the only thing was it wouldn't let us get aces. i hit the chains and then said on the edge of the tee for a few seconds and fell!

one of these days i'll get my ace! either on a game or in a game
:)

Cool, that Wii disc golf game being created in conjunction with the PDGA sounds like it could be something they are approaching the right way.

There are 4 wii games that have disc golf only 1 of which I have played beach sports, wii sports resort, tiger woods 10, and the unreleased PDGA presents. I got wii sports resort because the disc golf got better reviews. And it saved me $25 on the wii motion plus attachment. It's really fun but it doesn't have baskets. You putt into a highlighted circle. ( the dog frisbee is a different game in wii sports resort) my biigest complaint is no basket(I know tiger 10 has them) and second biggest complaint is disc choice and characteristics. Ex 3 discs driver, midrange, putter and they never flatten out. If you thow an anhyser it stays that direction never fades back to the left like a real disc would. I don't have much hope for PDGA presents hopefully a big company will get ahold of innova, discraft, and gateway and put together a real game.

I can't believe with all of the games these systems pump out that one can't make just one with the help of a reputable dg company.

IMHO Disc Golf on Tiger Woods 10 absolutely sucked. I own it and it is VERY limited. Don't get me wrong, I like the fact that they included it...but fun factor is very low for someone who enjoys real disc golf. You only have the option of using 3 different discs and it is very tough to vary the speeds. Putting is ridiculously easy and most every shot is an open shot as they placed the holes on ball golf courses. If you land in a bunker...it is a stroke penalty.

Any one else have thoughts? Am I the only one that was VERY disappointed?

Not sure if I'd want to go outside when there is 3 feet of snow on the ground but I know there are people out there that are into that. How do people find discs when they play in the winter anyway?

Some people tape little orange streamers on the bottom of their disc so that if it goes in a few few feet, there is still a bright orange tail sticking out of the snow.

I dunno about VERY disappointed, but yeah, the disc golf in TW10 could have been a lot better. I think I've never missed a putt, and like you said, it's nearly impossible to throw softly.

Twoods ten dg is a joke! It makes it look like a childs game. I literally bought a wii for it and it's the only game I own. I was very very disapointed. I figured with all they put into bg the dg would be decent. It only resembles dg by ideas not play. Putting is a joke. Mids won't get you anywhere. If you frisbee toss a driver it will go forever, but actually throw it and it's like your first time all over again. I should of spent the money on a basket.
The worst part is the embarassment. All the people I've promoted the sport to now say:"yea man I played dg the other day on the wii. You really like this game?!"

I just hope that the PDGA game is closer to the real deal. Why use the name if it doesn't doesn't play like it should?

I have played both the Tiger Woods 10 and Wii Sports Resorts. The Wii Sports Resorts is a much better game but still needs some improving.

nope. yeah it really sucked that there were only 3 discs, and only one throwing style, and that you couldn't do much with hyzer and anhyzer (although it does seem to slightly recognize it). And that every putt inside 60 feet is a gimme. Hopefully the PDGA one will be better.

nope. yeah it really sucked that there were only 3 discs, and only one throwing style, and that you couldn't do much with hyzer and anhyzer (although it does seem to slightly recognize it). And that every putt inside 60 feet is a gimme. Hopefully the PDGA one will be better.

Are you suggesting that every putt within 60 feet is NOT a gimme for you in real life?;)

the first time I play wii resort I aced 2 of the first three holes. I wish I only had to throw into an infinatly high, 50 foot wide rainbow tornado in real life! I wouldn't suck NEARLY as much as I do now!

I didnt think it was horrible. It wasnt great but it was WAY better then beach resort

Latest posts