• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf on the Wii

Now that I've had a Wii (and Tiger Woods 10) for several months, and have played around with it some, I can say it again with some confidence: the disc golf in TW10 sucks.

It's far too easy to throw the "driver" at 100%, it's nearly impossible to throw the "midrange" at anything other than 100%, and I haven't missed a putt (60' and under) yet. And they all fly like golf balls, not golf discs.

On the bright side: (1) From a non-video-gamer's perspective, I find the ball-golf side of TW10 pretty entertaining. (2) This might potentially get non-DGers interested in disc golf; I just hope they realize it's actually a very different game than what EA Sports has concocted here.

Last edited:
I got tiger woods 2010 which has a side game of disc golf on it, and i got the wii sports resort which is more realistic as far as the disc flys but tiger woods has actual baskets and wii sports only has "target spots". Both are fun on rainy days, or when dad wants to show his kids whose still video game master.

Someone needs to come out with a real good acurate disc golf game with actual pro players and real discs to choose from.

Last edited:
84 post later we've come full circle. people are saying "hey we need to do this, it would be awesome" when the thread started with "Hey, someone is seriously looking at doing this, wouldn't that be awesome?"
it amazes me

84 post later we've come full circle. people are saying "hey we need to do this, it would be awesome" when the thread started with "Hey, someone is seriously looking at doing this, wouldn't that be awesome?"
it amazes me

Whoa!! Circles make me dizzy, could be the booze and pills though too.

Seems like if it is released it's not gonna be on disc/disk form.
This is a gre area for me. I don't really care for more growth of the sport but do want a true dg game allowing body shape, endurance, throwing style, form, disc selection, disc wear, and weather to factor in. Along with real courses, brands, events. This will never happen until they see how much we really spend. But I like the "hippie" aspects.

Is the DG game on the 2009 or the 2010 version of Tiger woods golf for the Wii? For those of you that have played it, is it fun? Easy or Hard? How many can play at a time?

Thanks!
Don

Is the DG game on the 2009 or the 2010 version of Tiger woods golf for the Wii? For those of you that have played it, is it fun? Easy or Hard? How many can play at a time?

Thanks!
Don

Haven't played it, but it's on Tiger Woods 2010.

It's on TW10. I think up to 4 can play. Read the above postings for whether it's fun or not; I say, not as fun as it should be. Wii Sports Resort is more fun.

Thanks!
Don

Definitely the 2010 version. I got it awhile back and with the Wii Motion attachment, it works decently. A lot of the physics seem off and forehands are almost impossible to work consistently with my experience. The putting is, in my opinion, is the worst part about it. If you are within 20 yds (the max distance for a putter according to the game), it will go in 99% of the time, even if you throw it backwards. There are also some mini-games that use the disc golf feature though that are entertaining, but still a lot of work to be done.

TW10, Okay, and the Wii Sports Resort is better. Now I know what to look for. I've read your comments on both. So, which is better the Wii Sports Resort with or with out the motion PLUS?

Thanks,
Don

Not sure if sports resort will work without motion plus, it was the motion plus release and actually comes with one.

I was looking on EBAY and found two versions, one with motion plus and one with out.

Okay, looks like I need to get the MP version.

THANks!
Don

You have to have the MP version, but after trying a dozen times, I've found that the game sucks. I record worse scores on the Wii than I do in real life. I say don't waste your money.

So what would make a great VG?

With Wii's Sports Resort and TW2010... my group of dg friends have talked about what should be included in the game. Just like Paintball never translated well into Video Games, Disc Golf will not be perfect to make the move. But we've decided that decided that some things should be included before the game goes to the masses:

Disc Retrieval - Whether using a baseball to pop one out of a pine, or a retriever to pull it out of a stream/pond, this is a minigame that has to be included with a 3 minute time limit to get it retrieved. Also looking through a bush to find a wraith standing on end hiding under a pile of thorns.

Different Stances - I've never seen someone be able to just walk up and throw from behind their disc perfectly every time. I almost did, but she was 10, and still got stuck on top of some logs.

All the different throws? - How can Wii determine if you are throwing a thumber vs a tomahawk? You are going to have to select your shot...

All of this is going to make the game take forever... and you're best bet is just to get your ass outdoors and throw some real plastic... I guess some sports were meant to just be played.

You have to have the MP version, but after trying a dozen times, I've found that the game sucks. I record worse scores on the Wii than I do in real life. I say don't waste your money.

For what its worth it's still fun... and you shot worse then you would in real life? Really.. I think my record for WSR is like -22, its cake.

Latest posts