• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Pro Tour Announces New Contract with ESPN

Without the increase in quality of the filming by our beloved crews this would not have happened.
DGPT might have put this together but the thankless and very hard work of Jomez-CCDG and others for the last few years are the product ESPN is buying. jm2c

Gotta admit I'm not excited. The hack job they did last time wasn't particularly enjoyable to watch. And the fact that the tournament didn't air until months after it was over was annoying.

If ESPN was smart they'd just contract the entire process out to Jomez and have it done right. And maybe try and get it on air shortly after the event instead of way later.

Gotta admit I'm not excited. The hack job they did last time wasn't particularly enjoyable to watch. And the fact that the tournament didn't air until months after it was over was annoying.

If ESPN was smart they'd just contract the entire process out to Jomez and have it done right. And maybe try and get it on air shortly after the event instead of way later.

No matter what footage is sent to ESPN their guys are going to chop crop and drop scenes for times sake making sure there is plenty of space for advertising. What disc golf needs
is a representative from the filming side to help with editing for content, flow, context and timing.

No matter what footage is sent to ESPN their guys are going to chop crop and drop scenes for times sake making sure there is plenty of space for advertising. What disc golf needs
is a representative from the filming side to help with editing for content, flow, context and timing.

That's exactly what I meant. I'm fairly certain they used Jomez footage last time but then they butchered it to fit the allotted time and make sure they got the ads in.

I think the Jomez crew should handle the entire production start to finish and would put out a product that would make the ESPN guys look like chumps.

As long as the Motion Pictures Editors Guild have unionized people at ESPN that will never happen.

That's exactly what I meant. I'm fairly certain they used Jomez footage last time but then they butchered it to fit the allotted time and make sure they got the ads in.

I think the Jomez crew should handle the entire production start to finish and would put out a product that would make the ESPN guys look like chumps.

Agreed. Have ESPN put a time for each 18 hole coverage to show and have the experts (Jomez) edit it. Then ESPN can fill the required commercials in as they need. Jomez already cut the content to the correct time.

Disc Golf Pro Tour on ESPN 2 tonight at 7.00 pm central.

My guide listing states it is the Disc Golf Pro Tour-- 2022 Tour Championship. It is indeed NOT the Tour Championship, but the USDGC instead. A huge oversight, IMO. How could DGPT let this kind of mistake happen? This is a wonderful opportunity, why send out misinformation.

Also noticing that it is hard to hear Nate and Philo, over the background music.

Good think is....I have NO idea who actually won this irrelevant tourney.

My guide listing states it is the Disc Golf Pro Tour-- 2022 Tour Championship. It is indeed NOT the Tour Championship, but the USDGC instead. A huge oversight, IMO. How could DGPT let this kind of mistake happen? This is a wonderful opportunity, why send out misinformation.

Also noticing that it is hard to hear Nate and Philo, over the background music.

usdgc makes dg look terrible either way

Oop, the second half IS the Tour Championship. Much better presentation, seeing disc golf in Charlotte, rather than Winthrop.

I really enjoyed this program. I thought it was more about personalities than disc golf. I thought the woman's portion was fantastic. Also I really thought Philo's summary was great.

I really enjoyed this program. I thought it was more about personalities than disc golf. I thought the woman's portion was fantastic. Also I really thought Philo's summary was great.

Philo is always terrific.

I tried to get past the technical difficulties. I found the entire thing disjointed, difficult to follow and more about the players than the game. I am not sure if that is good or bad. I was very disappointed and ended up turning it off.