• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf shops in central Ohio... Cinci/Dayton?Columbus

Mulligan

Double Eagle Member
So, I'm ready to pull the trigger on a basket, and I'm wanting a yellow Innova Discatcher traveler.
Trouble is Disc Golf Mart, the local Columbus store, doesn't have yellow, and I've got to have a yellow one.

Was thinkin' that if there was anywhere in the Dayton or Cinci area worth going to to find one, that I would then just hit up a few courses along the way.

It would have to be a full on DG store for it to be worth it to make a special trip right at the moment, though, so was hoping for some suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Disc n Dat is in Cincinnati and had some baskets when I went there. There's also a full pro shop at Mt. Airy, I'm not sure if they have baskets, but it sounds like they're pretty well stocked so it's worth a look.

i saw that pro shop and couldn't find any info that they sell baskets, even in their online store.
Hazy Shade in Dayton seems to have some great prices, the traveller is actually $20 cheaper than the store here in town.
Anyone have any experience with Hazy Shade?

Any of these shops should be willing to order what you need. They should be able to have it in soon and you could still have a great excuse to coordinate a trip to Cincinnati or Dayton to visit the courses down here. I know The Nati Disc Golf would work with you on this idea.

In Cincy: Idlewild, Lincoln Ridge, and Mt Airy are worth the trip.

Due to weather, I'm going to make the closer trip to Dayton and hope I can hit a few courses on the way back.
Planning on Belmont, Handyman, and Buck Creek ...if all goes well....
Wish me luck!

Try Hank at Sweetees, that's in Fairfield, OH and the closest to Dayton.

Hazy Shade rocks. I take all my business there.

Truth. You can pull up any website and they will match the price on a basket. I got my Mach Lite for 120 when Marshall St. was running a special. Have fun out there throwing, if it's over the weekend get at me and I'll come play with ya.

Truth. You can pull up any website and they will match the price on a basket. I got my Mach Lite for 120 when Marshall St. was running a special. Have fun out there throwing, if it's over the weekend get at me and I'll come play with ya.

Hazy Shade was awful.
They wouldn't even honor their own price online (said" yeah, but PLUS shipping" even though I was in the store), didn't understand the product (they had 4 and 5 leg varieties and didn't even know they existed), told me the basket I was looking at was "crap" and they didn't know why anyone would ever buy one (after I told them I just drove an hour to do so), and they didn't even have the correct color in stock even though online they claim it is.

I put back the other merchandise I was gonna buy and left.
Worst DG store I have ever been in.
My fiancee is from Dayton and we'll be playing a lot in the area.
We will spend our money elsewhere.

That's unfortunate Mulligan. I've spent sooo much money at Hazy before and they've always seemed pretty cool to me. But don't let the bad experience at Hazy keep you away from Dayton, as we have some nice courses here. I recommend Fairborn HAH.

Hazy Shade was awful.
They wouldn't even honor their own price online (said" yeah, but PLUS shipping" even though I was in the store), didn't understand the product (they had 4 and 5 leg varieties and didn't even know they existed), told me the basket I was looking at was "crap" and they didn't know why anyone would ever buy one (after I told them I just drove an hour to do so), and they didn't even have the correct color in stock even though online they claim it is.

I put back the other merchandise I was gonna buy and left.
Worst DG store I have ever been in.
My fiancee is from Dayton and we'll be playing a lot in the area.
We will spend our money elsewhere.

:eek:

What the hell is going on over there? I have never been treated like that. That really sucks, that place use to be awesome, but I was a little scared when they moved to the new place. Too many necklaces and incense burners for my liking. That's ashame, used to be one of the best, if not best, places to buy gear.

I'm assuming you didn't get play in this weather, but maybe you are a trooper? If so, what did you think of the courses? Belmont is great, they folks there rock, and Buck Creek is coming along nicely.

Last edited:
I would just be happy to have a shop, even if they dont know what they are talking about. I know enough to at least be dangerous.

Although, when I have been near a shop and gone in, they usually talk my ear off and I have a hard time looking at stuff. Is it like that everywhere you go or just the one store I happened to go to?

It depends, but I have definitely had that happen a time or two. Probably just depends on the person and how many customers they've had that day. I can imagine that some shops can probably go a day or two without much business, especially in places where winter slows down playing.

:eek:

What the hell is going on over there? I have never been treated like that. That really sucks, that place use to be awesome, but I was a little scared when they moved to the new place. Too many necklaces and incense burners for my liking. That's ashame, used to be one of the best, if not best, places to buy gear.

I'm assuming you didn't get play in this weather, but maybe you are a trooper? If so, what did you think of the courses? Belmont is great, they folks there rock, and Buck Creek is coming along nicely.

I though the experience deserved its own thread.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31118

And I got about 12 holes in at Ace Hardware course before being totally soaked. Thats a course with some potential for sure. Will be nice to play in the summer.

I though the experience deserved its own thread.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31118

And I got about 12 holes in at Ace Hardware course before being totally soaked. Thats a course with some potential for sure. Will be nice to play in the summer.

I haven't made it out to play Handyman yet, but I hope to play it before I take off for Cali here in a couple weeks. I've heard great things about it, and can't wait to get out there. Sorry I recommended them only to have you drive out there and get that BS.

I haven't made it out to play Handyman yet, but I hope to play it before I take off for Cali here in a couple weeks. I've heard great things about it, and can't wait to get out there. Sorry I recommended them only to have you drive out there and get that BS.

Not your fault at all.
If you're going to SoCal, I doubt you'll be worrying about cool courses to play!

Hey Roadtrip. I live a minute away from Fairborn. PM me if you're looking for a local to throw with. Allow a good 2 hours to play it though.

Awesome, will do. I read that it takes a while to play, that's one of the reasons I didn't get to it yet. Last time i was out that way I only had about an 1 or so to play, so we just hit Buck Creek on the way back. I'll PM you for sure when i know we're headed back out there.

Hey Roadtrip. I live a minute away from Fairborn. PM me if you're looking for a local to throw with. Allow a good 2 hours to play it though.

roadtripstuff
: Awesome, will do. I read that it takes a while to play, that's one of the reasons I didn't get to it yet. Last time i was out that way I only had about an 1 or so to play, so we just hit Buck Creek on the way back. I'll PM you for sure when i know we're headed back out there.

I live about 20min away from HAHFairborn and play there frequently. If either of you are ever interested in playing PM me.

Latest posts