• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf - The Unwashed Masses

Perhaps more importantly, it looks like in the Razz video that Austin Turner has a Valvoline sponsorship (back of his shirt)? Anyone know anything about that?

Perhaps more importantly, it looks like in the Razz video that Austin Turner has a Valvoline sponsorship (back of his shirt)? Anyone know anything about that?

I'm guessing a small disc golf company ripped off the logo.

While my tendency is to say, yes, I don't actually think it's that simple. What do you think about this notion. In the 1950s say, the number of people who were driven by etiquette was 80% of the population. Today, it's more like 60% of the population. That is, there are plenty of people who are still driven by manners, it's just there has been a noticeable shift.

My statement was referencing the 'counter-culture' more generally and 'hippies' less specifically. 'Counter-culture' (and its traces in disc golf), seems to me, to be about a general posture of questioning prevailing norms and patterns of behavior - the general desire for an 'alternative' which most people have on some level or another.

Etiquette is a tool and may be used in different ways for different outcomes. Nowadays in golf, I like to play my strongest etiquette game for the day, because I believe that makes me a better golfer...I hesitate to speak for others' use of the tool.

I like to respect other players and the rules of the game, but I just consider it being a good dude rather than "disc golf etiquette". I've witnessed a lot of other people who behave differently usually have the mentality of "I wouldn't care if you did xyz while I play so whats the big deal if I do it to you?"

Latest posts