• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Unchained - VIDEO GAME!

Well, that was cool. I wrote Local Route Labs and they immediately helped me with the problem.

Wow, it looks like the thread picked up a little steam today! In any event, I wanted to respond to some feedback with a brand new segment I'd like to call the Disc Golf Unchained Tip of the Day(s). It will be my attempt to help resolve some of the more tricky inquiries.

First, I want to tackle the issue of disc wear and its effect on flight paths through a series of screenshots.

Let's take a look in my bag...

Screenshot_2015-09-10-23-35-01.png

One thing that should pop out to you is the little colored bar under each disc. That bar is the wear meter, and as the disc breaks in the meter will change color from green to red. Once the bar is completely gone, the disc is pretty much useless.

Observe the flight paths of two discs:

Screenshot_2015-09-10-23-38-15.png
Screenshot_2015-09-10-23-38-39.png

Two identical shot selections with two similar discs. The only difference is the amount of wear. The disc on the left is severely worn in, to the point where we've basically nerfed it. The disc on the right flies as if it was new. We want players to cycle through the Pro Shop frequently to see what's new and to try out new discs. I have found some good uses for these "broken" discs and worn, flippy discs, so don't discount them out of hand.

You may also notice there are multiple plastic types (Base and Mid, in this case). You can now unlock better plastic as your player level increases. Higher grade plastic often increases durability, stability, and distance for the same mold of disc.

Well, I hoped you enjoyed the Disc Golf Unchained Tip of the Day(s). I'll keep putting info like this up here, so spread the word to friends if they need help with specific features. I may address the in the next DGU:TOTD(S).

I have to agree with the others about a lower powered putt. Sometimes you have to get over a hill, so the angle makes it go way past. Slide the power down to get the line right and then it's too close to the aim on the triple click and it ends up way off line.

I have to agree with the others about a lower powered putt. Sometimes you have to get over a hill, so the angle makes it go way past. Slide the power down to get the line right and then it's too close to the aim on the triple click and it ends up way off line.

I set my power on the upstroke, so I have lots of time to hit the target after the power bar peaks and comes back to the target

I would also "humbly" submit this challenge to the community :)

Looks like a score from EA sports Tiger Woods PDGA console game 😜

Hope this version was the in the latest Ipad update.

This was many moons ago (actually like 1 moon ago) but many versions prior to now. This was a version that crashed after you finished 18 so I had to screenshot before the last birdie for -16. That course is gone now :(

Does the terrain matter to the speed of wear on discs?

I've also noticed that you can used a 'trashed' putter without much negative effect. My premium Intruder has no line left but I'm still missing 60 footers exactly the same as it was new. Helps to save a few bucks as the 'premium' drivers don't really last that long at all. If I have a distance driver that's even 1/2way down I'll normally buy another before starting a new round so I dont' get stuck without it.

Still digging this game, great work :hfive:

It's touchy for me. Takes several tries usually to get the "lean" to respond.

Same goes for the disc selection from my bag. Often times it takes several touches of the selector to pick the disc.

Still waiting on my first Ace. How many of you use the "zoom" feature when aiming? I find the disc flight path is often not a good representation of the actual flight of the disc

Does the terrain matter to the speed of wear on discs?

I've also noticed that you can used a 'trashed' putter without much negative effect. My premium Intruder has no line left but I'm still missing 60 footers exactly the same as it was new. Helps to save a few bucks as the 'premium' drivers don't really last that long at all. If I have a distance driver that's even 1/2way down I'll normally buy another before starting a new round so I dont' get stuck without it.

Still digging this game, great work :hfive:
Oh wow. I didn't even realize that the putters are affected by wear.

Love this game as I can play this anywhere and anytime. I think I have a 40+ disc arsenal. Each round nets me at least $18 at level 31. If I add more on my distance and accuracy that will go up. $18 can get you a combo of discs, 3 putters or 2 discs, no matter what type they are. It's a game that forces you to play lines and beckons your course management skills.

Oh wow. I didn't even realize that the putters are affected by wear.

I think maybe they weren't before an update, because I don't remember there being a colored bar under my putter when I started. However, I just bought a new putter and it doesn't fall out of the sky like my original one was doing.

It's touchy for me. Takes several tries usually to get the "lean" to respond.

Same goes for the disc selection from my bag. Often times it takes several touches of the selector to pick the disc.

Still waiting on my first Ace. How many of you use the "zoom" feature when aiming? I find the disc flight path is often not a good representation of the actual flight of the disc

I hadn't been using it much, but I just started the other day with good results. However, it takes a lot longer, and partially because of this it makes the game less fun. Also I am pretty leveled up, which may help make the throw fly more like the representation.

It would be interesting to eventually see a "pro" mode where zooming and maybe even the flight path predictor are not an option.

Finally got a decent round on Furnace Rock! I had been stuck at -8. Finally had what I constitute as the nearest to a perfect round as I'll ever get...

RMqwhl0.png

Puts all of my courses at -12 or better. Loving the game. Now if only I could play this well IRL. HA!

I'm currently at Power 8, Accuracy 9 using mainly a P-Wing, P-Raptor, and B-Puffin.

Finally got a decent round on Furnace Rock! I had been stuck at -8. Finally had what I constitute as the nearest to a perfect round as I'll ever get...

RMqwhl0.png

Puts all of my courses at -12 or better. Loving the game. Now if only I could play this well IRL. HA!

I'm currently at Power 8, Accuracy 9 using mainly a P-Wing, P-Raptor, and B-Puffin.

Nice! I was just wondering last night if anyone had shot a perfect round yet. Congrats!

Latest posts