• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Unchained

Status
Not open for further replies.
There won't be a "real" disc golf game until there's real courses and real players in the game...ha

Perhaps. Real courses are at least a possibility with the terrain engine but I currently have no intention of including real players. That would add quite a bit of complexity to the project and I'd rather spend my time solidifying the core gameplay. And, besides, it feels pretty real when I play it.

Very cool! It lloks like a classic three click system? It would be awesome if the angle i hold my device could determine the release angle of the disc!

Keep up the great work, and let everyone know when you need beta testers

Wow awesome work. If I were you, I would open a kickstarter project and get people to send money your way in exchange for whatever you want to offer. Say 20$ gets you a special edition mini and the game for free when it's ready or whatever... I really believe people would help you out.

Critique my throw... um... flight! (with video)

Here's some gameplay and flight video! I'm not very happy with the video quality after the YouTube compression, but whatever. Fully leveled power drive of a fast understable disc. Critique my flight!

Wow awesome work. If I were you, I would open a kickstarter project and get people to send money your way in exchange for whatever you want to offer. Say 20$ gets you a special edition mini and the game for free when it's ready or whatever... I really believe people would help you out.

I would give $20 to the project if it got me a limited edition mini and the game for free when it comes out. I love supporting projects like this!

On a side note (and i'm sure you have already thought about this), I wonder if disc companies (innova, discraft, westside, lat 64, prodigy etc.) would buy 'rights' to having their discs thrown in your game? It would be REALLY cool to have a mixed bag, or an all prodigy bag, or even an ALL CE BAG! It would also be great to be able to play my friends in head to head matches or group matches.

Congrats on what looks like a great game, I cannot wait to play it!!! Good luck!

IM not gonna lie man, I would play the crap out of this...when im not out on the course
I would also put 20 in to kick start

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I've been on the fence for a while regarding the whole crowdsourcing option. If only there were some sort of active online community to help spread the word if I do go down that road...

And here's a little demonstration of what the terrain engine can do. I haven't spent much time on this theme either so there is a lot to clean up. Ever play disc on a glacier? I have...

I hope it's better than the other disc golf game I downloaded on there recently heh. Didn't flow well at all.

Caption Contest! Create a mold for Unchained!

Hey folks! I've been putting in some late nights with the goal of making a long gameplay video of Unchained for you... unfortunately it's just not ready yet. Instead I thought I'd share my favorite defect from last night that had me rolling on the floor.

How about we do a caption contest? The winner, of my choosing, will have the privilege of designing and naming a disc mold to be released with the game! Obviously it will have to fall within realistic/legal boundaries... blah, blah...

Keep your eyes peeled for a lengthy gameplay video coming soon.

BASKETS!?!?!

unchained-baskets_zps0e9a8691.png

are you using actual terrain data from the USGS?

Status
Not open for further replies.