• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

One thing I've noticed is that the number of players in Pro division has more than doubled. I assume that's because of ratings bumps, rather than simply an increase in players.

By the way, ETdef, are you connected to the developers somehow? Or are you just "in the know" through Reddit?

I look forward to an update. I feel like I was better with 903 than 912. I have gotten better with this one, but am still really bad at throw-ins

I'm not connected to the developer

Someone on Facebook mentioned that the latest update is in beta testing

I don't even go the reddit page anymore, actually

I feel like he really nailed the physics in 912. The ground play is the most realistic it's ever been.Very satisfied.

But those rollaways!!! There are some crazy ones that ain't realistic. And the rollers are pretty good but not so realistic.

912 has been the best version that I've played. My only complaint is that putting is too easy.

That roller feature is ton of fun, I start to throw roller even when I'm not supposed to, just like in real life...
I got lucky and had a Turn/Roll Ballista on my first level up after the update.

I'm still having trouble with the Light/Glide Ballista on Backhands, I don't seem to get the same distance as other people.

Hey, I thought I'd share a nice little DGV hack. I've always wanted to keep listening to my music or podcast, but when I load the game it kills any other audio that's playing. However, once DGV loads, if you switch back over to your music app hit play then go back to DGV, you can listen to stuff while playing. The Dead are definitely performance enhancing, for me at least.

Anyone else getting kicked off of multiplayer mid-round, forcing an "abandoned game?" I had one earlier in the week so I played a few extra game per night to try to chase that 100 rating off of my recent 25 rounds list. Well just now I started with an ace in an MP match. Then the game froze, and after about 30 seconds, shut down altogether. After getting the app back up, I see that the game is already marked as abandoned and won't let me continue with the remaining 8 holes, just like my last "abandoned game."

I'm certainly not going to play 25 more games tonight, so I guess I will just have to live with an 850 or so rating for a week thanks to the glitch. Just curious if anyone else is experiencing this.

Anyone else getting kicked off of multiplayer mid-round, forcing an "abandoned game?" I had one earlier in the week so I played a few extra game per night to try to chase that 100 rating off of my recent 25 rounds list. Well just now I started with an ace in an MP match. Then the game froze, and after about 30 seconds, shut down altogether. After getting the app back up, I see that the game is already marked as abandoned and won't let me continue with the remaining 8 holes, just like my last "abandoned game."

I'm certainly not going to play 25 more games tonight, so I guess I will just have to live with an 850 or so rating for a week thanks to the glitch. Just curious if anyone else is experiencing this.

Well, getting kicked out of that multiplayer game was quite punitive, since without it I would have been close to a 950 rating this update.

I ended up at 914; sub out that 100 rating for a 950 and that would've put me at 948. Considering I started the round with an ace, it's not too much of a stretch to think I could've shot a 1000 rated round, which would've been enough for me to crack 950 this update. :\ Stupid glitch.

It's funny how you start to recognize players. I managed to tie URDIZZLE with a 1012-rated round, and then laid an egg against DISCRAFORCE. It seems like I've had a couple rounds where they seem to match up a bunch of high rated people, and a -10 gets 4th place. Do they seem to do that on purpose in multiplayer rounds sometimes?

Also, is there going to be an update soon? I'm starting to get used to the 912 putting, and I'm doing fine with the Acc/Glide Pure with a decent putting and throw-in percentage up to 150' or so. I'm actually getting fewer weird spit outs with it than with the Sticky, but maybe that's just because I've adapted. Hard to say...

Also, I picked up the Wind/Glide Ballista and Turn/Roll Ballista at levels 75 and 76, respectively, without using airplane mode. I haven't messed with the roller Ballista yet, but plan to if they increase bag size. The Wind/Glide Ballista is awesome and makes a couple if holes really easy to eagle. The cave-to-cave hole is a little trickier with that than with the Wind/Glide Recoil, but I've had good success with powering the shot down just a touch.

So, current bag is:
Light/Glide Ballista
Wind/Glide Ballista
Acc/Glide Musket (still might like the Acc/Wind better though...)
Acc/Wind Explorer
Acc/Wind Fuse
Acc/Glide Pure

Yes I know those last two spots have a lot of overlap, but I'm a slow adapter.

...The Wind/Glide Ballista is awesome and makes a couple if holes really easy to eagle. The cave-to-cave hole is a little trickier with that than with the Wind/Glide Recoil, but I've had good success with powering the shot down just a touch.

The Wind/Glide Ballista is awesome! It's been my control driver for awhile now. Funny you mention the cave-to-cave hole, as that is the only one that I feel my current bag setup doesn't have an answer for. Every other hole I feel like I should at least get a birdie on every time, regardless of wind. But the cave-to-cave one is tough, as it seems like the "glide" property of the Ballista makes it lift right before entering the cave, which results in bad rollaways. This is easily my most common bogey hole.

My current bag:
Glide/Light Ballista - max distance high lines
Skip/Roll Ballista - max distance low lines (520' skip ace on one of the windy holes!)
Wind/Glide Ballista - control driver; easy to manipulate angles to get different distances
Acc/Glide Explorer - I bag the Glide version to better bridge the Fuse/Ballista gap
Acc/Wind Pioneer - I keep trying to pull this out of the bag, but every time I do my scores go way up. It's my Firebird.
Acc/Glide Fuse - ace runs and putts

The Wind/Glide Ballista is awesome! It's been my control driver for awhile now. Funny you mention the cave-to-cave hole, as that is the only one that I feel my current bag setup doesn't have an answer for. Every other hole I feel like I should at least get a birdie on every time, regardless of wind. But the cave-to-cave one is tough, as it seems like the "glide" property of the Ballista makes it lift right before entering the cave, which results in bad rollaways. This is easily my most common bogey hole.

URDIZZLE mentioned in a recent video (daily tourney) that he kept the Wind/Glide Recoil in the bag specifically for that hole, maybe one other. I agree it's easiest with the Recoil, but if you go just a tiny bit under full power, that works well too.

URDIZZLE mentioned in a recent video (daily tourney) that he kept the Wind/Glide Recoil in the bag specifically for that hole, maybe one other. I agree it's easiest with the Recoil, but if you go just a tiny bit under full power, that works well too.

Wind/Glide Recoil is money

Cave to Cave
Stonehenge
Spider tree
Long downhill GG par 3 with the basket on the edge of the river
Second shot on Harrowing par 5
Uphill blueberry hole with basket on top of the hill
Others I'm forgetting
Plus, it's a good utility rescue disc

Last edited:
I'd be willing to give the wind/glide Recoil a chance to kick out the wind/glide Ballista, but I don't have it. My Recoil options are:

1. Wind
2. Glide/turn
3. Wind/turn
4. Wind/roll
5. light/glide
6. roll/glide
7. skip/fade

Do y'all think any of those are suitable in lieu of the wind/glide Recoil? I've dabbled with the Wind Recoil but it is just a touch too short to handle a few of the holes that I currently use the Wind/Glide Ballista on.

Did you all see the preview of the Owlwood course that was posted on FB? I really like the look and design of those holes.

I'd be willing to give the wind/glide Recoil a chance to kick out the wind/glide Ballista, but I don't have it. My Recoil options are:

1. Wind
2. Glide/turn
3. Wind/turn
4. Wind/roll
5. light/glide
6. roll/glide
7. skip/fade

Do y'all think any of those are suitable in lieu of the wind/glide Recoil? I've dabbled with the Wind Recoil but it is just a touch too short to handle a few of the holes that I currently use the Wind/Glide Ballista on.

I think I'd keep the W/G Ballista over any of those choices, honestly

Wind/Glide Recoil is money

Cave to Cave
Stonehenge
Spider tree
Long downhill GG par 3 with the basket on the edge of the river
Second shot on Harrowing par 5
Uphill blueberry hole with basket on top of the hill
Others I'm forgetting
Plus, it's a good utility rescue disc

YES to all of these. I bag a wind/glide recoil and it sees a lot of action. Just recently got a L/G Ballista though.

How the heck do you play your drive on Harrowing par 5?

YES to all of these. I bag a wind/glide recoil and it sees a lot of action. Just recently got a L/G Ballista though.

First arrow on top of the 3 in the "783ft"
Pull back at about 5 on the clock face, maybe not quite that far off center. I make slight adjustments from there depending on the wind. Still have to hope for a decent break on the bounce to have a clean look on the second shot, but it almost never goes OB (can't remember the last time)

First arrow on top of the 3 in the "783ft"
Pull back at about 5 on the clock face, maybe not quite that far off center. I make slight adjustments from there depending on the wind. Still have to hope for a decent break on the bounce to have a clean look on the second shot, but it almost never goes OB (can't remember the last time)

I don't know exactly where I aim, but basically you want your L/G Ballista to turn just a bit and go over the trees straight ahead, then hyzer back toward the fairway and make it just over the edge of the trees. If you end up in the clear, there are all kinds of different ways to get the eagle. Often you're cutting through trees, like etdefender said.

In general with the L/G Ballista, you aim a decent amount down and use a fair amount of hyzer. I think some ppl also aim left (for RHBH) and try to use less hyzer for the S curve, but I haven't had as much success with that.

This Owlwood course in the beta is quite fun. It's really nice to have some new holes to play.

Latest posts