• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

New course has dropped folk.

Love the way they're willing to embrace both realistic courses AND completely fantastical ones. In both cases - doing a great job with the risk-reward element of gameplay.

Be sure to turn back on the hole preview...

Took me 3 runs to get that 3-star. Tried the Fuse, but i am too used to my old stamp.

I do bag the wind/glide Ballista, but not the BP. So overall no new discs in my bag. But a very nice course.

Played the first three holes and was thinking, wow this is an easy course, 3 stars here we come.

Things changed from hole 4.... I really needed the hole fly throughs on!

Are there any over the top lines on that cave hole? I feel like there is a trickle down route that will get you to the basket but haven't found one yet.

Played the first three holes and was thinking, wow this is an easy course, 3 stars here we come.

Things changed from hole 4.... I really needed the hole fly throughs on!

Are there any over the top lines on that cave hole? I feel like there is a trickle down route that will get you to the basket but haven't found one yet.

You mean 7? Musket, very low on a slight FH flex line works well. I actually use a FH Havoc at 2/3 power--again low the whole time.

You mean 7? Musket, very low on a slight FH flex line works well. I actually use a FH Havoc at 2/3 power--again low the whole time.
I think he meant 4. The question is whether there's some all-or-nothing weird route aside from going through the cave entrance. I haven't messed with that.

Hole 7 is one of the easier on the layout in my opinion. So far haven't had trouble missing it. I set up my line based on the preview video Brandon Patrick did on YouTube a week or so ago, and it worked out great. I'm FHing my G/WB Recoil at it on a dead level low release.

Enjoying the new course. Managed to 3-star it and get my wind/glide BPro. What are you all throwing on hole 4? I have been throwing a wind/glide Recoil but it only sticks on the island about half the time.

Enjoying the new course. Managed to 3-star it and get my wind/glide BPro. What are you all throwing on hole 4? I have been throwing a wind/glide Recoil but it only sticks on the island about half the time.

I've been throwing my trusty ol' faithful Wind/Fade Ballista (I might be the only one i the game that uses it TBH but it was my first ever ballista and it's like a ballista with accurate stats enabled)

It hits the island at the front end and has so far stuck unless it hits a root or rock and tips and rolls.

I had a look at musket on a hyzer to the short side but that bush comes into play depending on wind which is a frustrating thing to contend with when attempting a layup so have opted for mostly 2's with the occasional OB 3 thrown in going at the island.

I three starred the course pretty quickly with a couple of Eagles (3 and 6) but have yet to go through with all Birds or better, finding the safe but attacking lines for multiplayer is going to be tricky on a couple of those holes! .

I think he meant 4. The question is whether there's some all-or-nothing weird route aside from going through the cave entrance. I haven't messed with that.

Hole 5 I think it is, toughest one for me so far to work out what to do. I'm trying to hug the right hand side of the cave wall to give an angle to get to the basket but I'm having quite a few of the drives find their way down to the lake or if I try to take a bit off landing too short to get to a safe place for a layup to the basket so it becomes a bit of a lottery second shot.

Intrigued to see how others are playing it

Hole 5 I think it is, toughest one for me so far to work out what to do. I'm trying to hug the right hand side of the cave wall to give an angle to get to the basket but I'm having quite a few of the drives find their way down to the lake or if I try to take a bit off landing too short to get to a safe place for a layup to the basket so it becomes a bit of a lottery second shot.

Intrigued to see how others are playing it
I'm going middle arrow on the tip of the stalagmite with a BPro EG/S. Forehand. Straight pull back. Seems to put me in throw in range.

I've been throwing my trusty ol' faithful Wind/Fade Ballista (I might be the only one i the game that uses it TBH but it was my first ever ballista and it's like a ballista with accurate stats enabled)

It hits the island at the front end and has so far stuck unless it hits a root or rock and tips and rolls.

I had a look at musket on a hyzer to the short side but that bush comes into play depending on wind which is a frustrating thing to contend with when attempting a layup so have opted for mostly 2's with the occasional OB 3 thrown in going at the island.

I three starred the course pretty quickly with a couple of Eagles (3 and 6) but have yet to go through with all Birds or better, finding the safe but attacking lines for multiplayer is going to be tricky on a couple of those holes! .

Interesting! I just looked through my collection and I don't even have a Wind/Fade Ballista :( but even though I have a Glide/Skip BPro I'm actually still using either a Glide/Skip or Glide/Wind Ballista for a lot of drives. Anyway on that hole that's about the same line I'm trying to hit with the Wind/Glide Recoil. Maybe I'll try that Musket line too.

I got my 3-star by throwing 9 birdies. I think the only hole I've managed to eagle so far is #8, had a favorable wind and my tee shot cleared the little river. I've had a couple chances on #3 and #6 but didn't quite hit the throw in.

On #5 I'm throwing the Glide/Skip Ballista forehand. It puts me down close to the lake, but only went in one time I think. Then it's a risk/reward throw in with midrange or an easy layup for birdie.

Last edited:
What great course design. Took me an embarrassing number of tries to 3-star it! Lots of opportunities for fuse eagle throw-ins here.

Short island hole I have had about equal success with wind/glide BPro below full power, full power Wind/Acc Recoil, and various discs thrown to the shore on the right leaving 100-140 ft. throw ins. I think a roll disc will help for sticking the island.

Dino-soar hole is fairly easy with a light/glide Musket BH with a little anny out right. First cave hole is a nice forehand L/G BPro, so far no problems going long for me, though missing the corner happens. Second cave hole is pretty trivial with the Grail forehand to a safe fuse/explorer eagle run.

For some reason, hole 3's tee shot beats me up frequently.

Again, excellent course! A few odd bumpy seams here and there, though.

Glide/Roll Recoil
Glide/Roll B-Pro in a headwind