• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

That same purple is exactly the same color as the G/Sk Ballista (amateur) I rocked for over 6 months while ETdef and I and others were waiting for the grail.

I'd totally buy it but I'm 5000 short and may not want to play that many tourneys while waiting. Are there any easy ways to earn cash right now? Special tourneys?

That same purple is exactly the same color as the G/Sk Ballista (amateur) I rocked for over 6 months while ETdef and I and others were waiting for the grail.

I'd totally buy it but I'm 5000 short and may not want to play that many tourneys while waiting. Are there any easy ways to earn cash right now? Special tourneys?

I'd grind for the 3K or so coins that I'd need to get the one in the shop (because the colors are beautiful) but I already have that color for my Glide/Roll B-Pro, and that's the only color option I have for that one. I can't have two similarly colored discs in the bag or there will be mistakes made.

Tourneys are still the best way to get coins, but it's a grind. Are you close to one of the achievements? You could always grind Sunshine #1 aces if you need, say, 25-30 to hit an achievement.

Nemesis Holes

I guess there are still a decent number of holes on the newer courses that I haven't mastered (Coyote, Frozen, city/night course...) but one hole is my clear nemesis:

Coyote Canyon #2 - I have not figured out the over the top line consistently, so when I go for it I have a decent chance of missing and ending up with par or bogey. I've resorted to throwing along the canyon to the gap (usually with an Acc/Wind Musket) and then trying a forehand to the opening of the final cave. Sadly, I still end up with a large number of pars and fair number of bogeys, with probably only 20% birdie rate, unacceptable especially among top players. What's your secret? What are the tips for hitting the over the top line?

Also, any other nemesis holes out there for others?

I guess there are still a decent number of holes on the newer courses that I haven't mastered (Coyote, Frozen, city/night course...) but one hole is my clear nemesis:

Coyote Canyon #2 - I have not figured out the over the top line consistently, so when I go for it I have a decent chance of missing and ending up with par or bogey. I've resorted to throwing along the canyon to the gap (usually with an Acc/Wind Musket) and then trying a forehand to the opening of the final cave. Sadly, I still end up with a large number of pars and fair number of bogeys, with probably only 20% birdie rate, unacceptable especially among top players. What's your secret? What are the tips for hitting the over the top line?

I think I hate Coyote Canyon in general. I haven't been able to figure it out. But for the hole you're talking about, I throw a Ballista on an anny to land on top of the rocks (when I get it right).
But even then, my biggest gripe with this game (that I play all the time now) is when my lie is below a wall and I can't throw the disc up and over it. Which happens on this hole sometimes, even when I do land on the rocks.. The other time it happens is grizzly gulch in a few spots and at least one other hole in Coyote Canyon (the one with the basket perched on the big rock. If you land too close the the rock, can you even get the disc up there?)

I play LHBH in the game FWIW

off the tee I go G/F Ballista on a FH flex to go right around the corner then finish a bit left. usually don't go very far left and still have 400-450 left. then G/F Ballist on a high LHBH flex and the fade usually collects near the mouth of the cave. sometimes I good a good slide and it's a tap in birdie.

I think I hate Coyote Canyon in general. I haven't been able to figure it out. But for the hole you're talking about, I throw a Ballista on an anny to land on top of the rocks (when I get it right).
But even then, my biggest gripe with this game (that I play all the time now) is when my lie is below a wall and I can't throw the disc up and over it. Which happens on this hole sometimes, even when I do land on the rocks.. The other time it happens is grizzly gulch in a few spots and at least one other hole in Coyote Canyon (the one with the basket perched on the big rock. If you land too close the the rock, can you even get the disc up there?)

If you rotate your lie into the rock you can throw trough the walls.

See for example at 5:16 in this video:

For the canyon condo par 4 you are talking about: if you are right up at the rock, you can rotate yourself into the rock, turn around till your back faces the basket, then look up so long till you look up over your head backwards and then putt backwards. There is a video on facebook but i can't find it at the moment.

Last edited:

LG Ballista or LG BPro are necessary, I think. With both of those discs I would say my results are 13/15 clear the top successfully, 1/15 land on top in a slightly annoying crevasse, 1/15 are a disaster. Out of the 13/15 that clear the top probably 2-3 get caught behind a pillar to where I need to scramble to get to the opening. So a bit over 2/3 of the time I'm in the clear for an easy birdie.

The route: RHBH with either of those LG discs... Take the top of the bottom arrow on your reticle and bring it all the way up to the top of the canyon wall in front of you. Move slightly left so that it is above the mid-right of the slightly taller part of the wall. Pull back full power anny, so that your reachback is just missing overlapping the disc on your screen.

Coyote Canyon #2

I do a big anny over the top with a light/glide BPro. I move to the right and fit the aiming arrows into the corner of the sky visible when you look up at that cliff. It takes more anny than you would think.

My nemesis holes are Frozen Valley #2 & #4. The ice always screws me over. On #2 if I nail the line off the tee and then hit the bump at the end and sail into the water. On #4 if I nail the line off the tee I hit the island and roll back onto the ice, with a slow agonizing slide into a 2" crack for OB and a looooong drop zone shot. I hate Frozen Valley.

My nemesis holes are Frozen Valley #2 & #4. The ice always screws me over. On #2 if I nail the line off the tee and then hit the bump at the end and sail into the water. On #4 if I nail the line off the tee I hit the island and roll back onto the ice, with a slow agonizing slide into a 2" crack for OB and a looooong drop zone shot. I hate Frozen Valley.

#2 is a tricky one. If you hit the shore of the middle island in the right half, it usually stays on the island. extra turn ballista pro helps immensly there, either the tun/glide or the turn/skip.

#4 the ice physics changed in the last (or one of the last) update. It used to have a drift to the left at the end of the drift. that changed, now the disc drifts straight. Birdie play is lay up way out right. Eagle play is either go around the left side of the pillar (i never got that consistently) or slide something on the ice short (a Fuse probably) and throw in from the middle of the ice.

I'd grind for the 3K or so coins that I'd need to get the one in the shop (because the colors are beautiful) but I already have that color for my Glide/Roll B-Pro, and that's the only color option I have for that one. I can't have two similarly colored discs in the bag or there will be mistakes made.

Tourneys are still the best way to get coins, but it's a grind. Are you close to one of the achievements? You could always grind Sunshine #1 aces if you need, say, 25-30 to hit an achievement.

Grinded for 10k coins until I ran out of steam at 12k, was hoping that G/ WB BPro from 3 starring Lost Island would be good enough. Big mistake, should have toughed it out for the grail.

Is the schedule to what discs end up in the pro shop each day?

Grinded for 10k coins until I ran out of steam at 12k, was hoping that G/ WB BPro from 3 starring Lost Island would be good enough. Big mistake, should have toughed it out for the grail.

Is the schedule to what discs end up in the pro shop each day?

No. It's (allegedly) completely random. The pro shop has been a thing for months and the "grail" was never there even once until three weeks ago and then it was there twice within eight or nine days

Is DGV available on Steam?

And if so - I wonder how it'll play on the new handheld Steam device...

#4 the ice physics changed in the last (or one of the last) update. It used to have a drift to the left at the end of the drift. that changed, now the disc drifts straight. Birdie play is lay up way out right. Eagle play is either go around the left side of the pillar (i never got that consistently) or slide something on the ice short (a Fuse probably) and throw in from the middle of the ice.

Oh man maybe the physics change is what is killing me, I have noticed my recent attempts were much worse than usual. I throw a stall shot with a BPro with the goal of sliding into the island, which is usually helped with the curling action.

got the grail as one of the options for leveling up to level 72. Bright orange. Big D. Very nice.