• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

Loving the second Kaho course. Design is solid. I 3-starred it first try but honestly was lucky to do so. It's nicely technical without being ridiculously punitive.

Loving the second Kaho course. Design is solid. I 3-starred it first try but honestly was lucky to do so. It's nicely technical without being ridiculously punitive.
I think Per is getting really good at designing these layouts. Kaho is challenging as hell (with some great risk reward... hole 2 I score either a 2/3 or a 6). This one is a bit more on the fun side. Coyote Canyon has a good mix and is visually really neat.

I definitely felt and am still feeling a little bit of a re-learning curve. I definitely felt the frustration with some of the ground action yesterday at league, but I think that what I'm really seeing is that the angle of the disc on the ground matters a lot more. The amount of the bottom of the disc that contacts the ground has a huge impact on how much speed is taken off of the flight on the bounce (if there is one). For example: if I hit late in flight but only make contact with the tip of the rim the disc isn't losing any speed at all and if there's any significant wind (3-5) - the disc is going to take a significant jump.

I haven't had any real issues with spit outs. I've had a few, but they mostly seem to be, much like in real life, when you're rising on the chains.

One thing that frustrated me until I figured it out - you NEED to be sure to pull back on the putt. It doesn't seem consistent, but I definitely have moments where I only make a slight pull back and the putt seems to just drop into the ground. When I'm certain to pull back initially and wait on the graphics to float away - the putt is 100% reliable. But that took me a minute. Was very used to just making a little swoop with my finger and sending it.

The big difference I've noted is that there's been a change in the way that wind impacts shots under 50m. In an almost dead-straight HW I really need to pay attention to if it has a slight RL or LR slant to it. If its coming RL I need to aim low right, and I can give the disc less power. If its coming LR I need to aim low left and amp up the power a bit. That seems to fit with real life - the way the wind impacts the disc by coming up underneath it. So I like that change.

Overall I'm getting my grind in by focusing on playing these new AI tournaments and building up enough coin to expand my bag. I'll get the 5000 coin bag slot tonight.

The expanded bag has been fun. Right now my bag is mostly exactly what it was before, but I've added some stuff... Here's what I'm rocking at the moment:

L/EG Ballista
EG/Skip Ballista
Roll/Skip Ballista (new)
WB/EG Recoil
WB/Acc Musket
WB/EG River (new)
WB/Acc Anchor
WB/Acc Fuse

Not sure what I'm going to add with the next bag slot... Any suggestions from those who've been playing? Also haven't unlocked the putter pouches, so I'll be throwing a Sticky/Acc Pure or a EG/Acc Pure in there (or both eventually).

Thanks a lot for sharing your insights. I've dipped my toe back in, with an eye toward better controlling the landing angles. It helps!

Has anyone else run across this? Throw off the tee. Up shot dinks off the rim. Tap in for...... Bogey??
There was no OB involved. No sand traps. And i didn't hit the water.
This is like the fourth time this has happened to me.
I gotta say that other than a specific slow course, (which seems to have gotten slightly better) this is the only real glitch i've experienced.

I was playing the putting practice and had a tap in, the chains rattled for a second and I was sent out into a vortex in the sky. Couldn't throw out of it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201116-203408_DiscGolf.jpg
    Screenshot_20201116-203408_DiscGolf.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 39
Has anyone else run across this? Throw off the tee. Up shot dinks off the rim. Tap in for...... Bogey??
I gotta say that other than a specific slow course, (which seems to have gotten slightly better) this is the only real glitch i've experienced.

What was the recorded score? I've had this happen several times, but it seemed to record the score correctly regardless.

I haven't... I play it on mostly iOS but frequently on Android. I play at minimum a handful of rounds per day, hasn't happened to me yet.

I am relatively new to DGV. Does the extra putter slot you can purchase take a putter out of your regular bag, so you have a new slot for a mid or fairway? Thank you

Basically, yes.

It's a putter-only spot in your bag and increases the number of spots in your bag by 1. So if you only carry one putter, you can now put your putter in the "putter slot" and replace that spot in the "regular bag" with something else.

Basically, yes.

It's a putter-only spot in your bag and increases the number of spots in your bag by 1. So if you only carry one putter, you can now put your putter in the "putter slot" and replace that spot in the "regular bag" with something else.

Thank you so much!

I feel like I'm weird, but I like using the Fuse for longer putts but like the Pure for backhand throw-ins from 50 to 190'. Does anyone else do this? Or does everyone throw the Fuse?

To those who don't spend all day every day on the Facebook page: Frozen Valley is now available in the newest update, and it's a doozy. Some very gettable holes, but there are a bunch of longer ones and ice/water hazards that can ruin your day. Hole 2 might be the new Kaho 4 in the "round killer" department. Super fun course though.

Frozen hole 2 crashes the game every time for me in BlueStacks. Haven't tried it on my tablet yet. Love the concept though, at least from hole 1.

The designer of the game clearly doesn't play it the same way I do... I have to switch from forehand to backhand or vice versa on every one of the first five holes of FV. Ha.

I don't know if Hole 2 is quite a round killer on the Kaho 4 level... to me it's just painfully frustrating to get the birdie. It seems hard to get worse than a 6. Go OB on the drive and then proceed from there. Kaho 4 you just constantly feel like you're a small adjustment from clearing the damn wall and it just misses over... and... over.

But I did get my -10 and the Christmas Musket went right in the bag. Pretty! :)

Second try on the new course and no bogies.

efa7aa6af132e3ef28713137693c8246.jpg

Latest posts