• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

I'm just glad I played the game back when it wasn't one big cash grab. Two rounds in the last two months, and every time I hit that ad, it's an easy reminder to not come back.
Getting ahead of the "but, it's only x amount of $" no, I'm not paying for something that used to be free and hasn't really changed. It just means I'm looking for the next game that actually attempts to create, instead of exploit.

Goddammit, when did I become one of those slow the sport people...

I'm just glad I played the game back when it wasn't one big cash grab. Two rounds in the last two months, and every time I hit that ad, it's an easy reminder to not come back.
Getting ahead of the "but, it's only x amount of $" no, I'm not paying for something that used to be free and hasn't really changed. It just means I'm looking for the next game that actually attempts to create, instead of exploit.

Goddammit, when did I become one of those slow the sport people...
Back in my day if you wanted a Glide Skip Ballista Pro you had to put your phone into airplane mode when you leveled up, and you had to do it going uphill both ways. For hours. In the snow.

Virtual triology challenge is active as an event.

You have to buy in to play, therefore the event is not available on the steam version.

The game turned into a giant cash grab so quickly, it's not even funny.

Has anybody read anything anywhere about when the "Premiere Season" of the multiplayer will end?

I've kinda just been grinding just enough MP to keep myself in the top 250 just in case it results in getting some kind of badge at the end of the "season." I was kinda hopeful that'd come with the start of summer maybe.

I assume that'll also be when the Disclaimer that this is a "pre-release Multiplayer Mode" will go away.

Really hoping they provide a way to see your rating without being in the top 250 too. Pain in the ass to remember where I am in relation to the edge of the top 250 when I fall out, at least if I'm not paying careful attention to my numbers. Its weird that they integrated this at all without giving most users a way to see their rating outside of the general amount that the bar on the screen is filled.

Apparently I'm an idiot and they updated moving to Season 2 of Multiplayer two days ago. I just hadn't updated my apps.

edit: well thats weird. Updated my app and it flashed a warning that there were 0 days left in the premiere season, but opening multiplayer it still shows me in the premiere season. Gonna have to check on my tablet when I get home...

Last edited:
Apparently I'm an idiot and they updated moving to Season 2 of Multiplayer two days ago. I just hadn't updated my apps.

edit: well thats weird. Updated my app and it flashed a warning that there were 0 days left in the premiere season, but opening multiplayer it still shows me in the premiere season. Gonna have to check on my tablet when I get home...

Still season one until tomorrow

With the new update that dropped yesterday (new course and more bag slots), some of the current MP season stuff is wonky (I'm told)

Still season one until tomorrow

With the new update that dropped yesterday (new course and more bag slots), some of the current MP season stuff is wonky (I'm told)
Is the new course already in MP?

I haven't even tried it yet, much less tried it against other people.

Glad I did some grinding this weekend, though - got my MP rating up to 906 (134th at the moment). Top 100 is 921... gonna be tough to get to that level.

Is the new course already in MP?

I haven't even tried it yet, much less tried it against other people.

Glad I did some grinding this weekend, though - got my MP rating up to 906 (134th at the moment). Top 100 is 921... gonna be tough to get to that level.

I don't know

I haven't played any MP since it came out

First impressions of the new course:

1. It is "the official course of skip distance drivers."

2. It's pretty but the visibility is rough if you're not in ideal lighting. The night-time courses have much better visibility.

3. I do like that it has a heavy emphasis on the risk-reward approach shot while still maintaining the *possibility* for eagle. Lots of choices to make.

4. Piggybacking on that I think it is clear the course designers are learning to accommodate the discs to create holes that are challenging for a disc golf video game. The holes are good. (admittedly that's off one play through maybe I will come to hate these holes)

First impressions of the new course:

1. It is "the official course of skip distance drivers."

2. It's pretty but the visibility is rough if you're not in ideal lighting. The night-time courses have much better visibility.

3. I do like that it has a heavy emphasis on the risk-reward approach shot while still maintaining the *possibility* for eagle. Lots of choices to make.

4. Piggybacking on that I think it is clear the course designers are learning to accommodate the discs to create holes that are challenging for a disc golf video game. The holes are good. (admittedly that's off one play through maybe I will come to hate these holes)

I like the risk-reward aspect on literally every hole. This alone makes it in the running for my favorite course already

If you like the dogleg left Par 4 hole with the lighthouse on the elbow (IS 8?), you'll love this course. There's a lot of holes where a fairly easy two is there with a good drive but, if you miss, a four or even five is possible too

And, yes, it is the course of the Big Skip distance driver

Last edited:
I like the risk-reward aspect on literally every hole. This alone makes it in the running for my favorite course already

If you like the dogleg left Par 4 hole with the lighthouse on the elbow (IS 8?), you'll love this course. There's a lot of holes where a fairly easy two is there with a good drive but, if you miss, a four or even five is possible too

And, yes, it is the course of the Big Skip distance driver
I'm curious how many of the holes will be must-run eagle shots for the folk at the top, and which will be basic layups. There are a few I can see right away will be must run (like hole 1). But some will for sure be layups and I'm a lil worried the approaches will become very routine over time.

I'm curious how many of the holes will be must-run eagle shots for the folk at the top, and which will be basic layups. There are a few I can see right away will be must run (like hole 1). But some will for sure be layups and I'm a lil worried the approaches will become very routine over time.

I haven't played enough to know the holes well enough. Plus, I have a bad approach to new courses in that I do the CTV from beginning to end until I get 3 stars, so I know the earlier holes better (early on, at least)

I think the easily gettable eagles are earlier in the course though. 4 and 8 strike me as the two hardest holes

Very small sample size so far

Going to play some more tonight…

So the new patch hit what, yesterday? Biggest features from what i can see:

- MP season 1 ended, we are now in season 2
- added more possibilities to spend money
- MP season pass is 8$
- 2 new bag slots!
- new course

- new site where you get an exact tracking of your MP rating https://dgvmetrics.web.app/

I like the new course and i like the rewards you get for the season pass. I will buy it once just to see how it works, how long the season is gonna last, how much effort it is to unlock all the rewards. I dont think i ll buy another one in future seasons though. We'll see.

I personally have no problem paying for something I use a lot. With a level approaching 400, I guess I can say I play it a lot. I'll never be competitive at the top level but it is quite fun.

I wonder how accurate all the disc flight characteristics really are? Seems like if really good, it would be a great way to test drive a bunch of different discs now from Discraft...

I personally have no problem paying for something I use a lot. With a level approaching 400, I guess I can say I play it a lot. I'll never be competitive at the top level but it is quite fun.

I wonder how accurate all the disc flight characteristics really are? Seems like if really good, it would be a great way to test drive a bunch of different discs now from Discraft...
I don't find them accurate at all. The general flight physics, aside from the extra characteristics that are most wild like big skip and wind break, are pretty good and I think thats the draw. But the discs themselves don't fly anything like what their real world counterparts do for the most part.

Generally. A few are close. Like the extra turn Ballista Pro is close to a Ballista Pro, though the non-extra turn Ballista Pros are really only like the 1st Run/Proto Ballista Pros. But generally they're pretty off.

So the new patch hit what, yesterday? Biggest features from what i can see:

- MP season 1 ended, we are now in season 2
- added more possibilities to spend money
- MP season pass is 8$
- 2 new bag slots!
- new course

- new site where you get an exact tracking of your MP rating https://dgvmetrics.web.app/

I like the new course and i like the rewards you get for the season pass. I will buy it once just to see how it works, how long the season is gonna last, how much effort it is to unlock all the rewards. I dont think i ll buy another one in future seasons though. We'll see.
Season 1 my total MP matches wound up being just under 850 played.

So.... yeah I paid the $8.

I think that brings my total spending on this game to around $20-25 in three-plus years (I started playing in the first month of the pandemic shutdown)? I bought the Ricky pack, the Tamm pack, and the eMac pack. I spent $2 on no-adverts during the grace period where that was cheaper. And now $8 on this season pass.

Also THANK YOU for that link. That is awesome, and so so so helpful. It was always annoying trying to figure out how close I was to the top-250 list anytime I fell off it.

Season 1 my total MP matches wound up being just under 850 played.

So.... yeah I paid the $8.

I think that brings my total spending on this game to around $20-25 in three-plus years (I started playing in the first month of the pandemic shutdown)? I bought the Ricky pack, the Tamm pack, and the eMac pack. I spent $2 on no-adverts during the grace period where that was cheaper. And now $8 on this season pass.

Also THANK YOU for that link. That is awesome, and so so so helpful. It was always annoying trying to figure out how close I was to the top-250 list anytime I fell off it.
Did you already have the Grail? I did and quite a few other very useful discs (many from Hops&Hyzer) so I'm not sure if I want to fork out $8.

Did you already have the Grail? I did and quite a few other very useful discs (many from Hops&Hyzer) so I'm not sure if I want to fork out $8.
Yeah, I already have them, but I figured I'd see if I felt like it was worth it. I haven't really spent at all on the random weekly disc stamps, but I do like having some other stamps of the discs I like. I believe one of the discs in the purchased season was a nice EG-Roll Rive. All I have is stock stamp of that one.

I'd really be excited if they came out with a nice wind-acc Instinct stamp, now that I've got that Rive.

I could use a neat wind-acc River too. lol

Yeah, I already have them, but I figured I'd see if I felt like it was worth it. I haven't really spent at all on the random weekly disc stamps, but I do like having some other stamps of the discs I like. I believe one of the discs in the purchased season was a nice EG-Roll Rive. All I have is stock stamp of that one.

I'd really be excited if they came out with a nice wind-acc Instinct stamp, now that I've got that Rive.

I could use a neat wind-acc River too. lol
I have that River (stock stamp in the squiggle plastic) and it's such a useful disc.

Speaking of extra glide/roll Rives, I got one of the big man's.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230714-125346.jpg
    Screenshot_20230714-125346.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 127