• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

Speaking of extra glide/roll Rives, I got one of the big man's.

attachment.php
RAUTA~!

That guy is insane.

I have that River (stock stamp in the squiggle plastic) and it's such a useful disc.
Its recently turned into my go-to for throw-ins in the 210-245 range. I had a pretty reliable range for the full-power fuse shots, and finding a good line for this disc has really helped. I was already finding a lot of use for it off the tee, and now I'm using it all over.

This. The Al Farrow video is super helpful but you need the right disc to do exactly what he does.
Yeah the best thing you can do is to go into the "putting practice" mode and find the correct aim points for a given reach back.

Beyond that - make sure to choose as your best midrange option a disc with wind break + accurate attributes. Anything missing one of those is going to be relatively unreliable due to reasons beyond your control as a player.

Looks like day 1 of the DGValley Worlds event had a total of 14186 accounts at least start the event.

The event runs for the 5 days of Worlds, 4 rounds per day, each "day" is open for 22 hours and opens at 4:00p eastern US time.

I'm pretty amped by my Day 1 scores, played out of my mind on the 9 hole Sunshine layout getting a -14 including hole in ones on the last 3 holes. I also matched my very best on Lost Island with a -10. Sitting at -41, good enough for a part of the tie for 83rd.... only two shots out of the top 20. Leader at -47.

Coulda been in shock-the-world range if I had started halfway okay on Kaho, but I went bogey par on two holes where best case scenario is birdie albatross, so I am where I am despite that big hiccup - reasonable chance I could stay nearish to where I am at the end of 5 days.

I didn't quite realize how that worked, I played 2 rounds earlier and just went to finish the other 2 rounds but the event is no longer showing up for me.
I started pretty good for me (no aces but birdie/eagle on every hole) oh well.

I didn't quite realize how that worked, I played 2 rounds earlier and just went to finish the other 2 rounds but the event is no longer showing up for me.
I started pretty good for me (no aces but birdie/eagle on every hole) oh well.
That sucks. I'm definitely with you - I had no idea regarding the deadlines for each "day" until this morning when I started rooting around trying to figure out what places get performance based prizes.

And my hopes of a high finish plummet on Pioneer Bay.

Went -11/-11/-9 to start today.... and then a -4 on PB killed the score. Took a double-bogey 7 on hole and it was all downhill from there, including a few pars.

I haven't had any major mistakes yet. But also not throwing well enough to be relevant. :LOL: Went-37 today overall (-9/-11/-9/-8).

Debating paying the $0.99 to play the Real Course Worlds.

I started playing DGV this summer. Maybe a couple of months now. It's a great game for sure.

One thing I wish I could do is "dye" discs or change colors. I'm still pretty new, but have a few discs in the bag that are the same color. (putter and mid for instance). I guess I should turn off the suggested stuff so I have to choose everything myself.

Do you spend a lot on growing your bag? That seems to be a significant handicap right now, not being able to bag much of a variety of discs.

I started playing DGV this summer. Maybe a couple of months now. It's a great game for sure.

One thing I wish I could do is "dye" discs or change colors. I'm still pretty new, but have a few discs in the bag that are the same color. (putter and mid for instance). I guess I should turn off the suggested stuff so I have to choose everything myself.

Do you spend a lot on growing your bag? That seems to be a significant handicap right now, not being able to bag much of a variety of discs.
I only started playing a few weeks ago. I was a sucker and bought the season 2 pass, not realising it was hard to get all the bonuses, and that it ended in like 3 weeks from when I bought it. But anyway, once I started trying the multiplayer mode, I noticed other people could drive WAY farther than me. I saw online someone say something about the Rive, so I was again a sucker and bought one of the pro packs that came with the Rive. I only realised today that just playing single player you can unlock a Rive and other 13-14 speed discs without spending any money. Now I have way too many discs so don't think I'll ever buy more. I don't mind supporting this game as there is lots to do and it's the only mobile game I've ever been hooked on, but think the amount I've already spent is a bit much for a mobile game.

So long story short, I suggest play the single player and the current Worlds event to win discs. If you feel too handicapped, buy one of the disc packs. You can test drive them before you buy them.

If you're not there yet - at level 20 you unlock the ability to see the highest speed stuff in the in game coin store and as level up rewards. The Hops and Hyzer events always reward a high speed driver for playing all 4 rounds of the event, though they're often shitty ones.

I don't spend any time changing my bag right now. I am kinda just comfy with my discs now, though. I haven't thrown any of the fastest stuff other than the types of Rive.

My bag is
Judge Sticky/Acc
Razor Claw Acc/Glide

Warship Acc/Wind
Fuse Acc/Wind

Instinct Acc/Wind
River Acc/Glide

Grace Acc/Wind
Recoil Wind/Glide
Havoc Skip/Glide
Rive Skip/Turn
Rive Glide/Turn
Rive Glide/Roll
Rive Glide/Skip
Rive Glide/Light

I'd second the recommendation to start in the single player "Challenge the Valley" mode and work your way through the courses. Some of the rewards from there are pretty good.

Like Chris said, keep an eye out in the shop once you reach level 20 for long distance options. Personally, I never got on the Rive train and I still use two Ballistas and a Ballista Pro. I think I'm in the minority now and most of the top players feel like the Rive is preferred. But either of those would likely be a big upgrade in distance versus what you are throwing now.

The landscape has definitely changed over the last year or two as well. I don't mind the monetization of the game at all overall, but it bothers me that in-game coins have been devalued in the process.

It used to be set up so that the only way to acquire discs outside of Challenge the Valley, level up (which IIRC was only one random disc, not a choice of three), and event rewards was to accumulate enough coins, then check the shop each day. I'd like to see all in-game purchases have a coin value, then if you run out of coins you spend actual money only to buy more coins. For example, the paid multiplayer track per season could cost some large amount of coins like 50,000. If you really play a ton that season and grind it out, maybe it would be possible to get that same amount of coins back so that players who play a ton would be rewarded by not needing to spend another $9 the next season. But if not, you spend your $9 to buy more coins then the season pass. This is how some other modern games work.

Last edited:
does anyone play on PC? I've been playing on my iphone and it's okay, but I'm wondering if a larger screen would be helpful.

does anyone play on PC? I've been playing on my iphone and it's okay, but I'm wondering if a larger screen would be helpful.

I do and yes i think it helps a lot. Me getting older and my sight getting worse and me refusing to get glasses might be a factor haha.

The landscape has definitely changed over the last year or two as well. I don't mind the monetization of the game at all overall, but it bothers me that in-game coins have been devalued in the process.

It used to be set up so that the only way to acquire discs outside of Challenge the Valley, level up (which IIRC was only one random disc, not a choice of three), and event rewards was to accumulate enough coins, then check the shop each day. I'd like to see all in-game purchases have a coin value, then if you run out of coins you spend actual money only to buy more coins. For example, the paid multiplayer track per season could cost some large amount of coins like 50,000. If you really play a ton that season and grind it out, maybe it would be possible to get that same amount of coins back so that players who play a ton would be rewarded by not needing to spend another $9 the next season. But if not, you spend your $9 to buy more coins then the season pass. This is how some other modern games work.
Some of the more dedicated players have gathered millions of coins. They were pretty useless for a while.

Sidenote: You can buy coins for money now. THAT really devalues them.

What changed is that you can buy the best discs for real money. That only started happening a year ago or so. When the producer (Per) sold his game and it's now in the hands of Spin-off and they treat it like any mobile game. Milk it until the last player leaves.

Tied for 1554 in the world's. Yeah, I suck! 😆
Coincidentally.... 154th here!

And hey, over 20000 people (really: "accounts," but I'll just say "people")started at least one round during the event. So 1554 doesn't sound near as bad. ;) At most about 14900 people completed the event, though - because that is how many played on day 1. I'd guesstimate at most 10000 people played the entire event.

Coincidentally.... 154th here!

And hey, over 20000 people (really: "accounts," but I'll just say "people")started at least one round during the event. So 1554 doesn't sound near as bad. ;) At most about 14900 people completed the event, though - because that is how many played on day 1. I'd guesstimate at most 10000 people played the entire event.
Actually, I was premature. That's where I was upon finishing. After everyone else played out, I was in the 6000 range. Oh well.

Any chance anyone here has messed with the Falk?

In my bag, currently, is the River Acc/Glide..... but I'm wondering if I could get more accuracy out of integrating the Falk Wind/Acc. It is a 9 speed, so that would compensate for the extra glide characteristic on the River. And with the Wind characteristic it would be easier to play more consistent aim-points.

My only concern is with re-developing the "throw in" line from 220-270 that I have so well grooved with the River. First round of Worlds on Sunshine, for example, I hit multiple River aces. Its also really useful on a few Lakeside holes and Coyote holes from that range, as well as really anywhere I encounter that lower end 220-230 foot drive/approach.

Just gotta get over my own laziness and re-develop those lines I guess...