• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

disc golf video games

the ps3 one is pretty good. still tricky to throw rollers and overhand shots though.:thmbdown:

the Wii one on Sports Resort sucks. but it's fun when you just want to play real quick.

can you straddle putt on the PS3 version? does anyone know?

cause i know you can't on Wii. tried it, failed. you also can't throw FH on the Wii (or i just suck). i probably have Wii OAT :|

You might suck peebz, but that would be due to the level of fail that is the DG game in Wii Sports Resort :thmbdown:

yeah...i prefer to do things in video games that i CAN'T do in real life. ie - steal cars and shoot women and children with grenade launchers.

yeah...i prefer to do things in video games that i CAN'T do in real life. ie - steal cars and shoot women and children with grenade launchers.

I don't break bricks with my fists, spit fire, or jump on walking mushrooms or turtles in real life, so the Wii still hooks me up there.

I only throw FH on the wii that way I don't screw up my back hand when I go out to the course. It has actually improved my FH

I played the DG Game on Tiger Woods '11. It was ok. You play on regular ball golf courses and you can FH and straddle putt. I only rented it and had to leave mulligans on every time I played though. Way too inconsistent to remove mullie's.

I played the DG Game on Tiger Woods '11. It was ok. You play on regular ball golf courses and you can FH and straddle putt. I only rented it and had to leave mulligans on every time I played though. Way too inconsistent to remove mullie's.

YOu can not only straddle put, but straddle everything. I found it the most consistant method of playing. 500 feet loft-drives, anyone ? ^^

In other words : the game sucks balls.

the Wii one on Sports Resort sucks. but it's fun when you just want to play real quick.

can you straddle putt on the PS3 version? does anyone know?

I didn't like dg on Wii either, but I think they were the first to make a dg game... I thought it was funny how my buddys little brothers were beating me but they hardly know how to throw a disc.

The disc golf in Sports Champions for PS3 is the best of the bunch.

Courses that actually look like disc golf courses. Good backhand, forehand and putting. You CAN throw overhand and rollers but you have to either kneel down or sit on a chair or couch to lower your release point so not a huge deal.

There are 18 holes with 3 different 6-hole zones (park, mountain and snow) and alternate night play modes. Bronze, Silver and Gold tee positions and, for I think 3 extra bucks, you can download the reverse course where the tee and basket locations switch (better layout IMHO).

My friends who don't disc in real life enjoy playing it and it levels the playing field as far as distance and accuracy go so that I'm not crushing them every time we play.

I play TW11 on Wii all the time, especially the online disc golf mode, it rocks. I mean its not like real DG but it sure is fun to kill the winter blues.

I have about 3-4 close friends who play it online as well, always a good time to get together and play a round when we can't make it too the course.

61OUx%2BJfclL.jpg

Anyone?

The disc golf on Sports Champions in the only one worth playing if you're looking for any sort of realism. I've tried the Tiger Woods one, the Wii Sports Resort, and Sports Champions.

The game has three different "difficulties" (bronze, silver, gold) and choosing a higher difficulty makes the discs behave slightly more reaalistic each time. Also the higher difficulty setting, the more wind will come into play. The course on this game is SICK too, I would love to play there... Through a cave on one shot, into a gazebo on another, lots of water/ice/rocks to play with...

YOu can not only straddle put, but straddle everything. I found it the most consistant method of playing. 500 feet loft-drives, anyone ? ^^

In other words : the game sucks balls.

I figured that out on the first throw. I threw with lots of hyzer in a left to right wind. The wind blew the disc way off to the right even though it was hyzering the whole time. I only played it once, but it seems like they applied the physics of a golf ball to a flying disc. Fun but totally unrealistic.

Latest posts