• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf World Tour

I'm afraid to register on the site, cuz it feels like I should be a better DGer to do that ;) But the metrics do look cool in that image.

Not sure how I feel about the Disc Golf World Tour. It feels kind of elitist for DG, but if it brought some DG to mainstream television, that would be fun to watch.

2 videos so far on Twitter/Facebook. Cat / Paul card tees off in 90 mins, and I bet we get more videos as the top 20 start playing

Yeah, we understand that we need more assets and segments to fill time. That last Memorial round was one of the quickest that we ever filmed at just under 3 hours. But we were actually prepared for downtime with the Women's footage. But some of the other rounds push that 4 hour time with a lot of downtime. And we do try to show additional holes when they are nearby and play commercials. We did have some of the new ProTour assets, and they are going to produce a lot more for the upcoming tour. We have always known that filling time is the most difficult part of our broadcast.

ESPN and the PGA have trailers of upwards of 60 editors to help get them stuff in a timely manner. What I wouldn't give for that kind of man power! The hardest part is getting footage from that day and finding a way to send it back to me 2000 miles away. Each clip we record is hundreds of megabytes. I can only hope that technology can catch up to what we want in the next few years to make this more enjoyable for the average viewer.

I am really looking forward to seeing what the DGWT can produce for assets and commercials. And even though we would never do it, I am a bit envious that they are limiting their broadcast to 90 min. That is a lot less time they will have to fill.

Don't even trip. You guys are doing the lord's work and everyone with a brain knows you guys are doing the best & most with what little manpower and $ that you have.

how are they recording the metrics, have they posted that? Is it somebody following each card or are they asking the players to report penalties, greens hit, putts, etc

how are they recording the metrics, have they posted that? Is it somebody following each card or are they asking the players to report penalties, greens hit, putts, etc

It's all on the scorecard, so my assumption is they're asking the players to record the data when they record their scores.

It's all on the scorecard, so my assumption is they're asking the players to record the data when they record their scores.

I was watching Avery's live stream yesterday during practice, and it appears that each group has a dedicated follower on the metrics scorecard to record the data. I don't know if that's also the official scorecard or not.

Just a heads up to everyone: Avery just posted on Facebook that he will be streaming live from the event shortly. The feed should be accessible on his profile and probably the DGWT profile.

I was watching Avery's live stream yesterday during practice, and it appears that each group has a dedicated follower on the metrics scorecard to record the data. I don't know if that's also the official scorecard or not.

I would guess that its all on the scorecard, with the players responsible for the data. There are most likely multiple people on the course updating the site, but not one on each card because there are some cards that are long overdue for an update.

Just a heads up to everyone: Avery just posted on Facebook that he will be streaming live from the event shortly. The feed should be accessible on his profile and probably the DGWT profile.

Probably just off his facebook - i don't think it'll pop up on the DGWT page, that page is too official. This will be the new video-selfie-live-stream on facebook. should get a good 500+ viewers though I bet. :hfive:

Probably just off his facebook - i don't think it'll pop up on the DGWT page, that page is too official. This will be the new video-selfie-live-stream on facebook. should get a good 500+ viewers though I bet. :hfive:

Ha - He's live now. 426 viewers

I'm wondering how far out the Outside the Circle putt is. If they find themselves in that no man's land of 70-80 feet... they have the strength to jump putt, but it's not really a putt. I'm going to make a boring upshot - do you call those lobs an outside the circle miss? I guess that's up to the player to say if it's an upshot or a putt?

If they miss, I doubt anyone cares (they're certainly not keeping track of it). Note that OCP doesn't have a percentage beside it like GH and ICP do. But I guess a long throw-in or an ace counts as an outside the circle putt?

Latest posts