• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golfers Find Something Burning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange chit right there. Put your bullet in Barnie!

There's almost always something burning on the courses around here.

Last edited:
Well I'm certainly not carrying a propane tank and a cell phone with me when I go disc golfing for now on. :\

I was there when this happened, there were about 20 people detained and gave statements.

1) The crime scene is 40' off the teepad of Hole 0 and is still taped off

2) Next to the body was a cellphone, keys to the Ford compact with CA plates, and a propane-fueled blow torch

3) According to WRAL the Sheriffs are leaning toward suicide, however they have not ruled out a murder

4) It was certainly a frightening experience for all and I am thankful I wasn't the one who found the body. I'm not sure how I would have handled that situation.

I was there when this happened, there were about 20 people detained and gave statements.

1) The crime scene is 40' off the teepad of Hole 0 and is still taped off

2) Next to the body was a cellphone, keys to the Ford compact with CA plates, and a propane-fueled blow torch

3) According to WRAL the Sheriffs are leaning toward suicide, however they have not ruled out a murder

4) It was certainly a frightening experience for all and I am thankful I wasn't the one who found the body. I'm not sure how I would have handled that situation.

My buddies were the ones that found the body. What they said was the person was obviously beyond help so they concentrated on putting out the fire.

Although it seems too soon, I am sure there is a "Burning Man" joke in there somewhere. Like "If it weren't for HB2, North Carolina would have had more than one person show up to the Burning Man festival"

Distasteful dark humor ahead:

And I thought gay cruisers were bad enough, disc golfers are starting to attract Vietnamese monk protestors now?

Top10WorldMostFamousPhotos_07.jpg

But yeah, this makes a lot more sense than the propane tank I had in my head. Either way, that's nuts. Gonna be hard to top those golfers in the "strangest thing you ever saw on a course" debate.

Distasteful dark humor ahead:

And I thought gay cruisers were bad enough, disc golfers are starting to attract Vietnamese monk protestors now?

Top10WorldMostFamousPhotos_07.jpg

But yeah, this makes a lot more sense than the propane tank I had in my head. Either way, that's nuts. Gonna be hard to top those golfers in the "strangest thing you ever saw on a course" debate.

Pretty sure they won that debate forever.

I own one of those propane tank torches. Got it at Harbor Freight for $20 and it's EXCELLENT for burning weeds around the garden, driveways, etc.

With that said, I don't understand how they think this is suicide...this is the LAST fire-tool I'd use to set myself ablaze. It's very long. I think I'd go with an easier to wield zippo or something. This is kinda like using a full size shotgun to shoot yourself in the head. There's easier ways...

This is why you should throw premium plastics. Using a open flame to fix a gash in a DX disc especially when wearing synthetic clothing can be extremely dangerous.

I own one of those propane tank torches. Got it at Harbor Freight for $20 and it's EXCELLENT for burning weeds around the garden, driveways, etc.

With that said, I don't understand how they think this is suicide...this is the LAST fire-tool I'd use to set myself ablaze. It's very long. I think I'd go with an easier to wield zippo or something. This is kinda like using a full size shotgun to shoot yourself in the head. There's easier ways...

I was envisioning one of those little handheld ones that you use for soldering copper and such. Regardless, self immolation would be about the last way I'd want to off myself. There's about 3,000 ways I'd rather go first (snu-snu tops the list). I wonder what makes them think it was a suicide, especially if there wasn't a gas can or something nearby as well?

I was envisioning one of those little handheld ones that you use for soldering copper and such. Regardless, self immolation would be about the last way I'd want to off myself. There's about 3,000 ways I'd rather go first (snu-snu tops the list). I wonder what makes them think it was a suicide, especially if there wasn't a gas can or something nearby as well?

Ahhhh, yeah it might have been a smaller blowtorch. I own one of those too, haha. Forgot those existed for a moment.

The one I had in my mind was this:
http://www.harborfreight.com/propane-torch-with-push-button-igniter-91037.html

Is there some YouTube video that would show someone how to do whatever they think someone did with fire as a suicide or murder?

I must be missing something. How in the heck can you take a propane torch and set yourself on fire? You would need an accelerant of some sort. Now if there had been a gas can around where he doused himself with prior to setting himself on fire then Suicide sounds correct. This all sounds wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.