• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golfers Find Something Burning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one that hopes to one day find a body on a course? My first thought reading that article was "that would have been cool."

Not saying I want people to die on disc golf courses, but if they're gonna, I wanna be the one to find them.

Missed my chance at Capital Springs a couple years back.

Either way, it's really sad. I honestly thought about going out and playing at that same course that very morning. I don't know what I'd have done had I been the one to find that.

Hopefully you would have done the same thing that the 3 guys that found her did. Call the police and put the fire out. The news is somewhat misleading. The story makes it sound like they were trying to put the body out. The fact is, they did not even realize it was a body at first. They just saw the fire and decided to put it out. They had been working on the fire for a few minutes before they realized what was at the center of it.

Hopefully you would have done the same thing that the 3 guys that found her did. Call the police and put the fire out. The news is somewhat misleading. The story makes it sound like they were trying to put the body out. The fact is, they did not even realize it was a body at first. They just saw the fire and decided to put it out. They had been working on the fire for a few minutes before they realized what was at the center of it.

They worked on the fire for a few came back down to the parking lot and I called the park ranger office and left a message about the fire. Friend ran back up there to stomp out the fire and came running back down again telling me not to go up there and they discovered a body. From there I really didn't want to see something I couldn't un-see. So we played the course instead considering we couldn't leave any time soon.

Distasteful dark humor ahead:

And I thought gay cruisers were bad enough, disc golfers are starting to attract Vietnamese monk protestors now?

Top10WorldMostFamousPhotos_07.jpg

But yeah, this makes a lot more sense than the propane tank I had in my head. Either way, that's nuts. Gonna be hard to top those golfers in the "strangest thing you ever saw on a course" debate.

Was talking about that question from the podcast that you and Sam were on last week. Then I said, I got all them bitches beat now. Haha, seriously creepy though. I did snap a photo of the fire thru the woods but if you didn't know you would have thought it was burning wood.

Yeah, of course I'd have tried to put the fire out. I meant that I'd have some trouble getting that image out of my head for quite a while had I seen/discovered that.

Yeah, of course I'd have tried to put the fire out. I meant that I'd have some trouble getting that image out of my head for quite a while had I seen/discovered that.

I understand what you mean. My buddies that found the body seem to have gotten over it pretty well. I played with 2 of them wednesday night and they seem to be fine. Honestly, when I was talking to one of them Sunday afternoon, it was the description of the sound (like bacon frying in a pan) that disturbed me the most. The body was barely recognizable as human. My buddy thought it was a mannequin at first. Part of a prank. Unfortunately it did not work out that way.

Am I the only one that hopes to one day find a body on a course? My first thought reading that article was "that would have been cool."

Not saying I want people to die on disc golf courses, but if they're gonna, I wanna be the one to find them.

Missed my chance at Capital Springs a couple years back.

Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts