• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Loyalty Pledges

I may have to abandon one of my previously mentioned discs.

Apparently, Innova has discontinued the Star Shark. I may have to shift to something else like a Star Roc+ or Star San Marino Roc

Animix said:
I may have to abandon one of my previously mentioned discs.

Apparently, Innova has discontinued the Star Shark. I may have to shift to something else like a Star Roc+ or Star San Marino Roc
That or try out the S-Line MD1. It has the same ratings as the Shark and looks pretty similar to me. According to Sunking Discs it's an Ontario Roc top with a Shark-like bottom. Should be pretty close to the Shark.

I'm starting to think I'm pretty much settled on P-DD as a max D driver. I've tried out pretty much everything except the Halo (including the Nuke and Northman today, neither felt as good and trustworthy. I'm going to do more testing, but I don't think it'll make a difference) and nothing feels as easy to throw as long. I think the Nuke and the Katana have more distance potential, but I get more distance on usable golf lines with the P-DD. Somehow it seems to be hard to screw up with it.

This is really against my nature, but I'm gonna commit to some discs myself. I, BrotherDave Beauregard John Singleton Mosby Jefferson Davis Allen, hereby commit myself to the following discs for the year of our lord 2010: Eagles, Magics for putting (sorry Ions), Nebulas, Comets, and hopefully xXx. May God have mercy on my disc golf game.

Wizards
Buzzes
Cyclones
PD's

My distance driver may change, but this is my basic set that I've kept for the last 3 months, and its the first I'm really happy with. All 4 of those discs fit my hand like a glove.

i'm too lazy to search for my original post, i'm also to lazy to check to see if there even is an original post in this thread courtesy of me. I will go ahead and assume there is and that i said i would keep predators, comets, teebirds, and magics in the bag. If this is so then i have held up my end of the deal.

yay.

Wizard
comet
stalker
pd's
11x firebird
pro destroyer (sometimes)
can't think of any shot these can't handle!

Magic
Mako
Roc
Teebird
Firebird
PD

They will be comfortable in my bag for long time.

uNicedmeMan said:
I hereby commit to the following discs until at least 2011:
Wizard
Roc
z xtreme
Stalker
PD

I also commit to never commit to never fully commit to anything faster than the PD :D

I'm looking pretty good so far. I've been rolling with the DF Boss / Pro Boss combo for my fast drivers for some time too.

SE leopard still chills in the bag for the occasional flippy roller situation but barely gets used, same with the z xtreme.

I will keep Wraiths in my bag.

I don't have to pledge myself to keeping comets in my bag because that is a given.

I really wish I could pledge myself to keeping one putter... but I have a problem.

I have failed! The last Wraith came out of my bag yesterday.

I am still throwing comets and have actually used Rattlers as my putter for the entire year so far.

Spike said:
Opto (or) Gold Core & Grip Spike are safe in the bag.
I'm out! :?
Core has left the bag, at least temporarily.
(there's just too many discs I'd like to try)
What was the punishment again? Will 30 push ups do?

Z Pred
X Pred
SOLF
ESP XL
X XL

X Wasps
D Wasps (until I get buzzz's beat in to replace em all, should have never sold all my 1st run buzzz's even if I didnt throw them anymore)

Wizards

The Aero stays. The Valk stays. The Teebird stays. The Wraith, Skeeter, and Roc...I will continue to throw, but I'm going to try some others and see what happens. I have read that an ESP Surge is like a seasoned Wraith and that sounds interesting, cause I really like my Pro Wraith. I might have to try a Buzzz.

Gone through a bunch of different discs over the years, but the one that has always stayed in the bag, and always will is the Roc (same one last 7.5 years...). Now it's looking like the Fuse will also be in my bag to stay.

Had the same Champ Aviar since I started playing, but I'm starting to consider switching to an Ion. Not a fan of the occasional fudging up my upshots/drives with the Champ Aviar because the thing is so smooth.

The Firebird, Destroyer, and Leopard/Teebird (my old 10x KC Pro Teebird is less stable than my newer Star Leopard).

jubuttib said:
I pledge to mainly use Finnish discs this season. I will buy other discs and I will try them out periodically, maybe even on the course, but my main bag will be purely Finnish. All the discs Discmania makes seem to find a purpose in my bag (I'll see if the Northman can drive out the P-DD), the only slight reservation being the S-MD1. We'll see if the course we'll be getting will have any use for it.
OK, I fold. I'm still using the PD (3 P, 1 S and 1 C), CD (1 P), GM (1 D and 1 S), MD1 (1 SG), MD2 (1 P) and DD (1 P), but first the Wizards drove out my P1s and P2s, and now the med ION/Ridge combo drove out the Wizards, I bought a Meteor (forgetting I was supposed to buy a Comet) and instantly fell in love with it, it's probably my most trusted disc at the moment, and after trying out my friend's Pro Destroyer I had to get one of my own. It just flies longer and straighter than my P-DDs, feels like I have the distance potential of the Katana (and some) with even more ease of use than the P-DD.