• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Loyalty Pledges

Current bag, commitments in bold for 2010:

Voodoo
Roc
Gazelle (could replace w/ Eagles, but unlikely)
Whippet
Predator
Avenger (could replace w/ OLF)
Wraith (could go back to Surge)

And those I didn't commit to, I listed the potential replacement. It's unlikely that I'd pull the Gazelles, but if some things change with increased distance capability and control, I might.

I've been messing around with the stable speed 9 stuff, so far liking the Avenger the best, but the OLF is a possibility. Probably not the PD or the Striker, though.

XXX is too overstable for me, so the Predator is safe.

Wraith is working in Pro plastic for me right now, but if Discraft made the Surge in Elite X in normal weights, I would stay with it.

If they only made Gazeagles, Olfengers, and Wrurges I'd be set...

Stick to wraiths even though these new fast drivers are calling to me. Actually throw my rocs instead of reaching for my teebird / putter on every hole I dont need my driver.

I am in a committed relationship with
wizards
buzzzs
drones
teerexes
orcs
bosses..

Everything else, even the discs I love like the striker and stalker, are at 90% for staying in the bag

Here's what's going to stay:

Avenger SS
Champ Valk (overhead disc)
149 dx wraith
esp wasp
elite x buzzz
esp meteor
Ion

Here's what might change:
might add in a PD/Nothrman/Avenger (all 150 class)
Haven't really decided if I like the Champ wraith or if I want to slow down and keep my gummy champ eagle...
right now using a Pro D Challenger...but maybe a stiff wizard? Maybe a big bead aviar? Just got a P2 and it's pretty nice...we'll see...I like to have an overstable putter for the wind and hyzering around obstacles.

Stalker....I love my stalker, and it's a great straight shooter...but with the new distances I'm getting fairway drivers feel weird and outclassed. I know I need SOMETHING between my mids and my distance shots but there's only a very FEW holes that I need that long straight distance in. Right now I'm using a Stalker because 150 class discs aren't super straight at those distances...we'll see. Might just put the Viking back in to play as it has become much straighter as my form has improved.

Stratus: I might put one in the bag...

Dragon: I'll always keep this in my BIG bag...but I don't know if I need it all the time...unless I'm playing MCC and there's at least one hole there I always like it on.

Predator/firebird/other overstable driver....I haven't decided what I like for this slot, with the smaller bag I'll use the champ wraith or eagle...in the big bag there's room for one of these though.

and I think that's it...If I had the big bag out I'd throw in my Banshee and Vision and a few other drivers.

I should also probably try a nebula some time :)

\/\/

Alright, here it is, commited in bold:

Voodoo
Roc
Gazelle (could replace w/ Eagles)
Whippet
Predator
Avenger
Surge

Time to stick to one thing...the only hold out is the Gazelle/Eagle decision...

Max
Destroyer
Firebird

Valk
RR
Teebird
TL
Leo
Wasp
Magic

* Roc (eww...)
Meteor...(ewwwer..)

I dont think the 3 OS really overlap, anybody else? The max fades HARD and high at 300-350'
Destroyer skips for the ace :p
And FB has turn now that its beat for downhill distance.

Last edited:
I'm happy with this, I can throw anything in any wind conditions, I will commit to it.

- - 2 - - -
- 1 3 - - -
- 1 - 1 - -
- - - - 1 1
1 - - 3 - -
- - - - - -
- - - 1 - -
- - 1 - - -
- - - - - -
- - - - - -
- - 1 - - -
- - - - - -

Some of these posts are weak as far as comitment;)

I'll put full faith in the force, the avenger, the wasp and the challenger for the remainder of 2010.

Current bag, commitments in bold for 2010:

Voodoo
Roc
Gazelle (could replace w/ Eagles, but unlikely)
Whippet
Predator
Avenger (could replace w/ OLF)
Wraith (could go back to Surge)

Should have stopped here...
So much for commitments...

Everytime I reach for a fairway driver on a hole under 300, I grab the Buzzz back out and make it work.

I don't think i'll be able to stick to this, but we'll see. Maybe I'll just 2 disc round it, and force myself.

I'll commit to working with my big beads as my primary putter for the rest of the year. I also commit to keeping the following discs in the bag: Eagle-X, Firebird. Beyond that, I make no commitments.

I'm commiting to my fade tourney bag/quads............ everything in it is up for debate

firm commitments:
ESP Meteor
Z/Cryztal Buzzz
ESP Wasp
FLX Drone
ESP Xl

Would have a hard time cheating on
Star Aviar

I'm commiting to Vibram (I kinda hate saying that).

I bought a softy VP and am hitting crazy putts with it. Picked up X-Link Summit, Ridge, and VP and am going to make them my mids (putting with them oddly, sucks). I threw the Ascent last night (Steve Dodge was at AM Worlds and let me try a Firm and XLink) and when I can get a hold of that it will totally replace my Banshee and TL. Vibram focused on getting something close to a Teebird and they got darn close (although the Firms are noticeably and oddly understable). I put the XLink Ascent right out with my TL but it had a harder fade at the end. The Firm turned over on me once, then I threw it like my Leopard and it just annyd better than anything I have in bag or in my trunk.

So Vibram all the way. Other than that I commit to using my Leopard all summer to learn better technique.

Here's what's going to stay:

Avenger SS
Champ Valk (overhead disc)
149 dx wraith
esp wasp
elite x buzzz
esp meteor
Ion

Here's what might change:
might add in a PD/Nothrman/Avenger (all 150 class)
Haven't really decided if I like the Champ wraith or if I want to slow down and keep my gummy champ eagle...
right now using a Pro D Challenger...but maybe a stiff wizard? Maybe a big bead aviar? Just got a P2 and it's pretty nice...we'll see...I like to have an overstable putter for the wind and hyzering around obstacles.

Stalker....I love my stalker, and it's a great straight shooter...but with the new distances I'm getting fairway drivers feel weird and outclassed. I know I need SOMETHING between my mids and my distance shots but there's only a very FEW holes that I need that long straight distance in. Right now I'm using a Stalker because 150 class discs aren't super straight at those distances...we'll see. Might just put the Viking back in to play as it has become much straighter as my form has improved.

Stratus: I might put one in the bag...

Dragon: I'll always keep this in my BIG bag...but I don't know if I need it all the time...unless I'm playing MCC and there's at least one hole there I always like it on.

Predator/firebird/other overstable driver....I haven't decided what I like for this slot, with the smaller bag I'll use the champ wraith or eagle...in the big bag there's room for one of these though.

and I think that's it...If I had the big bag out I'd throw in my Banshee and Vision and a few other drivers.

I should also probably try a nebula some time :)

\/\/

So I'm going to carry a bigger bag for a while. Mostly because I need the storage space for bug spray and water and stuff, but this gives me a LOT more room in the bag, so I'm going to carry a bit more variety, and some of these discs just aren't going ANYWHERE for a while.

From my old list I'm only taking out the Meteor..but it very well may come back.

I'm adding in Wizards, and i'm testing out voodoos, but I'm not sure how sold I am on them yet.
I've decided that yes the Stalker is in.
I switched the BuZzz to CryZtal Z plastic.
I did add the stratus and firebird.
I chose a Banshee as my overstable disc slot
I have a new flat Champ wraith with a wicked fade that I'm enjoying very sparingly.
The Dragon is not leaving my bag until it's completely ruined or carried off in a stream.

\/\/