• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP discs, tips required

your opinion on e volts

didnt notice the grammar

What's not to love about electron volts? Straight stable, beat in gradually, long, has a more stable big brother in premium plastic volts... if I threw an MVP bag I would treat them like a teebird and be perfectly happy.

One day when the entire MVP lineup is out in electron I will switch over.

What's not to love about electron volts? Straight stable, beat in gradually, long, r.

Haha come play on my ISLAND!!!! The hole across the quarry on my home course makes me think twice before I throw something I really like. Friggin lawn shuffling grass cutting... something or others...

Elmex is da grammar popo don't cha know! Fizz Volt King Big Chuck from South Central Midwest where da fduck$.

Almost forgot :D :D :D

Last edited:
That being said a Comet is always a good decision!

It's the only non gyro disc I bag and it's praise here is warranted, never would have bagged a comet without DGCR

I took my Comets out of my bag a couple weeks ago and have been trying to cover the shots with a Proxy. It's been fun learning to pull some of the lines, but my Comets will be back in the bag next round.

I took my Comets out of my bag a couple weeks ago and have been trying to cover the shots with a Proxy. It's been fun learning to pull some of the lines, but my Comets will be back in the bag next round.

Yes I feel that's the only thing missing from MVP.
They dont have understable midrange. I hope it is coming.

It is hard to cover shots with proxy. I have been trying to do the same thing. I have covered understable midrangeshots with envy, proxy, reactor and alias.

I throw mostly gyro myself.

Just wanted to chime in on the putter situation. I can't believe you've been putting with a soft envy. They feel great in the hand for sure. I have one that I use as a turnover putter (beat the crap out of it). It feels wobbly when I throw it at the chains though. I putter with Envys for a short time before switching over to an Ion. The Ion is definitely the superior putting putter. The Envy is great at what it does, which is being an awesome throwing putter. The Ion feels a lot more like a Wizard or Aviar to me. I found the Envy too shallow to really effectively putt with. I'll still bust out an Envy if I'm making like a 50 foot run at the basket or something. I actually like my putters in plasma. Still grippy but a little sturdier. I'm still fairly new to the Ion myself so I want to give it a try in different plastics. Gonna scoop some electrons of various firmness to try out.

Other than that, get you a Crave, sukka! You ain't a gybro until you have a whole arsenal of craves.

The Volt is my favorite gyro mold. You're already on top of that. Try a few different plastics. If you find a domey proton volt, get it. That thing is so overstable.

Other gyro molds I lean on a lot are the Relay and the Wave.

I throw mostly gyro myself.

Just wanted to chime in on the putter situation. I can't believe you've been putting with a soft envy. They feel great in the hand for sure. I have one that I use as a turnover putter (beat the crap out of it). It feels wobbly when I throw it at the chains though. I putter with Envys for a short time before switching over to an Ion. The Ion is definitely the superior putting putter. The Envy is great at what it does, which is being an awesome throwing putter. The Ion feels a lot more like a Wizard or Aviar to me. I found the Envy too shallow to really effectively putt with. I'll still bust out an Envy if I'm making like a 50 foot run at the basket or something. I actually like my putters in plasma. Still grippy but a little sturdier. I'm still fairly new to the Ion myself so I want to give it a try in different plastics. Gonna scoop some electrons of various firmness to try out.

Other than that, get you a Crave, sukka! You ain't a gybro until you have a whole arsenal of craves.

The Volt is my favorite gyro mold. You're already on top of that. Try a few different plastics. If you find a domey proton volt, get it. That thing is so overstable.

Other gyro molds I lean on a lot are the Relay and the Wave.

Thank you for your reply.

Yes that Envy situation as a putting putter. At first I was trying to search if anyone else did this to confirm that this was ok. Now that I am fairly consistant with my putting in the circle I feel the envy is too stable to putt with. I also feel it slips or stays in the hand too long from time to time. But still..... Envy has been the putting putter aswell as the throwing putter I've been most comfortable with.
But Ion is coming like I wrote earlier. If I take a backstep with Ion I'll keep working with my envy.

What comes to other discs.... I have to tell you guys, i have tried absolutely EVERYTHING. I had over 150 non mvp/axiom discs. Already sold almost all of them. Now I have 60 mvp / axiom discs. When you people have recommended me relays and craves I've already been there. But because so many people recommended crave I put plasma one back in the bag. I actually had good results with it but for me it felt overlapping with reactor and insanity. Maybe there is a place for crave or relay. Money is not the issue when it comes to my hobbies. I'm weird with that.... I hope I'm not alone with this. 😂

I also took photon, mayhem,vanish away from the bag since I was unable to use them properly. Now my fastest disc is my insanity which I am able to throw properly. Guess I'll work with my slower discs left in the bag first and leave those distance drivers in the closet before I can throw fast enough for them. Now I am quite certain it will happen this summer.

My mvp in the closet contains:
Electron atoms
Plasma envy
Neutron envies

Eclipse reactor

Volts neutron, fission, havent tried electron one like some of you recommended. These felt way too overstable
Relay neutron
Tesla neutron, relay and tesla felt too overstable for me.

Vanish
Wave
Photons in different plastics
Mayhem
Nitro
Panic
Tenacity
Tantrum neutron plastic each distance driver. I got a lot of these by trading my other discs.

I am thinking I'm quite ready now with my equipment to become better but first I need to get faster.

Thank you for your reply.

Yes that Envy situation as a putting putter. At first I was trying to search if anyone else did this to confirm that this was ok. Now that I am fairly consistant with my putting in the circle I feel the envy is too stable to putt with. I also feel it slips or stays in the hand too long from time to time. But still..... Envy has been the putting putter aswell as the throwing putter I've been most comfortable with.
But Ion is coming like I wrote earlier. If I take a backstep with Ion I'll keep working with my envy.
Maybe there is a place for crave or relay. Money is not the issue when it comes to my hobbies. I'm weird with that.... I hope I'm not alone with this. ��
Relay neutron
Tesla neutron, relay and tesla felt too overstable for me.

First off awesome man!! Good stack that's commitment. Sounds like you got stuff covered, funny that you started an MVP "tips required " thread, we had some conversation a few weeks back about how they throw differently, you kinda beat me to it haha.

Is that a typo about the Relay being too overstable?
Did you mean relativity?

There's nothing wrong with the envy as a putter, I love a shallow rim and the defined fade. Pretty accurate out to about 50' with it and I love the way it hooks up on the way in the basket. I approach and putt with 165-167 plasma or eclipses... nothing against neutron but I picked plasma and have 10 for putting practice and yard rounds. If I had it to do over again I might go neutron but I like the plasma grip. Good in mild to moderate wind.

Last edited:
First off awesome man!! Good stack that's commitment. Sounds like you got stuff covered, funny that you started an MVP "tips required " thread, we had some conversation a few weeks back about how they throw differently, you kinda beat me to it haha.

Is that a typo about the Relay being too overstable?
Did you mean relativity?

There's nothing wrong with the envy as a putter, I love a shallow rim and the defined fade. Pretty accurate out to about 50' with it and I love the way it hooks up on the way in the basket. I approach and putt with 165-167 plasma or eclipses... nothing against neutron but I picked plasma and have 10 for putting practice and yard rounds. If I had it to do over again I might go neutron but I like the plasma grip. Good in mild to moderate wind.

I actually meant what I said. I have max weight cosmic neutron relay in the closet. I had it in the bag for a couple of rounds but for some reason it felt very overstable.... When it comes to my plasma crave, which should be a little faster with less turn, I can throw it maybe at 50% force and it still flips nicely. Im quite sure its the plastic.

I just had my ion. It's great. When putting with it, it goes straight way longer than my envy with less power. I guess I'll have my envy in the bag aswell for a while but this might be the next big thing. I want to hit all of my c1 putts. Maybe its easier with different tool. We will see.

Someone said that electron volt is the best of the best. This got me wondering if I need a stack of electron discs aswell.......?!?... electron firm envies, proxies, midranges, Volts or am I covered with what I got? I've always had succes with baseline plastic but they get very flippy very fast.

I'm always wondering if I have the best possible bag for me or not. It's so frustrating and satisfying at the same time.

Im not a proxy or an electron plastic guy, full disclaimer. I really like the ohm as a beat in envy complement. That said.. I play often with 3 putters in the yard, an neutron ohm (6 months wear), a fresh proton spin, electron soft envy (4-6 months wear).

All of them are pretty close. On the flat the ohm is most HSS and the soft electron envy is the least HSS but just by a touch. The spin will hold an anhyzer better though. The ohm is a straight but stable laser, it will take good spin and power without turning. They are all similar enough to interchange.

Last edited:
Haha I edited out but the point is if the Envy has been working for you then getting an electron one isn't a bad idea it will fit into a different slot fairly quickly . I would say after two to three months it should be fairly straight with a ton of glide. The wear time is much faster, it will actually break in without a year or three of hard use.

The only MVP I bag (besides my Rover cart lol) are two Anodes, one in a hard plastic and one in a base plastic. I like the look of them, nothing more, and they seem to do what I need them to do when I need them to do it. As someone else said, if you like a disc for whatever reason, it kind of gives you confidence regardless of what scorcery it may or may not contain. My Leopard seems to contain a lot of magic lol.

Haha I edited out but the point is if the Envy has been working for you then getting an electron one isn't a bad idea it will fit into a different slot fairly quickly . I would say after two to three months it should be fairly straight with a ton of glide. The wear time is much faster, it will actually break in without a year or three of hard use.

Yes. Just watched james conrad's whats in the bag. He has electron firm envies. And electron entropy.

I'll order my electrons.... 😂

You have just ordered the two best discs in the lineup, great job there, report back when you throw them.

Yes so it seems.

Had my first ace for this year with my new electron envy 🥰 78metres fairly straight shot. It just dropped in the basket. Electron volt glides very well. I think it aswell is needed.

Electron envy and volt both got in the bag. The lineup still changed a bit:

E envys for both putting and throwing. My testings with ion went sideways. But electron envy was a huge surprise for throwing putter game. It does everything from 1 -80m. Greatest disc ever made.
N entropy
Pr Vertex
N Reactor both of my mids are there just for in case. I've been digging my envies so much that mids feel quite useless a lot of the time. I still find them useful for some shots.
Pl/e/N volt
Pl crave
N Fireball
Pl insanity
Pl photon
Pl wave

Had my new course record aswell. This game just got a lot more interesting! Thank you for your tips and opinions. Maybe next I'll post my form check video and use your knowledge that way aswell.

Haha partially maybe haha but the plasma is wickedly stable and unlike its other counterparts. I got a few and they are great for OH but that's it... and I love teslas!

The Plasma tesla had been in my bag as an 'experimental'. According to the flight chart, it was supposed to be competing with my Undertaker so I threw on those same shots which it did NOT work for. About that time I added a Firebird to get used the OS shots and realized they flew silimar. I ended up liking the Tesla better and the Firebird got booted.

Latest posts