• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc market over saturation?

Nada. I wouldn't take a dime or disc if they offered. I am happy to support them and expect or want nothing in return. They are really a hell of a good business to deal with i can say that for a fact.

I believe MVP has become the biggest employer in the city which their distribution center is located. Granted we are talking small town MI not LA/NYC but still a huge deal IMO for a very small community. It is the true american dream!

Dont take this for a fact but pretty damn sure i read this somewhere and dont tend to make too much stuff up lol.

Marlette has a hospital, so thats probably not right. Unless that article was talking about brown city, but maple valley plastic was already the biggest thing in that town before the brothers even knew what disc golf was.

Edit: after the hospital they probably do employ the most people in marlette.

Yeah maybe just manufacturing place or something i dont have the inside info or anything at all. I think it was in a newer email but here is some info on building the brand and new facility i think from the ground up. It isnt any longer their dads place like some peeps think.

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they still manufacture with Maple Valley, then transport the discs back to the warehouse, which certainly was built from the ground up.

Real DG jobs would probably require more 'pay to play' courses, which the majority of DGers seem to reject.

I support pay to play. I don't support calling a head, scheduling tee teams, requiring a guide etc. Those things are part of the reason I enjoy disc golf, the show up and play nature of it. If I could pay 5-10$ to play a course that's fun and maintained better than most, I'd be more than happy to support such a thing.

Maple Valley is the largest employer in its town; MVP/Axiom is its biggest volume client nowdays; blank discs are driven up the road to Marlette where two dudes from DGR built a stamping/distribution warehouse (and doubled its size). I've had about 40 co-workers over the years at three disc golf companies.

Thanks for confirming, Zam. AndI like how you emphasize the bros' connection to DGR.