• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Organizer 2.0

How about a notes section for bags? For extra items carried, bag modifications, other misc notes that apply to the whole bag.

Just found another bug.

In the market tab, all discs say "Inked: NO", whether they have ink or not.

Maybe I'm just dumb or missing something, but when click on the bags button and go to the bag there are tabs across the top Bag Name and weight, order up and order down, manage, and delete. What are the order up and order down tabs for?

Oh and I am totally digging it so far. I love all the info you can put in now especially the new color choices.
If you have more than one bag you can arrange them in whatever order you want.

Love it, spent last night updateing and fixing my bag. Only thing I noticed (this was around 1am) is that if I chose a disc type while entering a new disc the new disc would not have a color, even though I assigned it one, was able to go in and fix that in edit but a bit annoying to do it twice.

Also is there anyway to get more options for disc type, or to specify our own disc types as I'm sure everybody classifies they're shot selections differently.

BTW the Wanted Feature is awsome!!! I really hope folks use it.

I like it!
Thanks, TimG for the much-needed update.
Even more reason to waste WAY too much time on this site.

Love it, spent last night updateing and fixing my bag. Only thing I noticed (this was around 1am) is that if I chose a disc type while entering a new disc the new disc would not have a color, even though I assigned it one, was able to go in and fix that in edit but a bit annoying to do it twice.

Also is there anyway to get more options for disc type, or to specify our own disc types as I'm sure everybody classifies they're shot selections differently.

BTW the Wanted Feature is awsome!!! I really hope folks use it.
I'm not able to recreate this. Do you know which page you were adding the disc from? Just the main disc list? Is it still doing it?

I noticed the bag screen doesn't remember if your bags are "minimized" (plus sign) or "maximized" (minus sign) when you go from page to page. This was a feature I liked on the old version and it looks like a similar page.

Also I noticed that on some hyperlinks (The "Add checked disc to bag" link comes to mind) the mouse cursor does not change to the "HyperLink Hand" when hovering above it. This is a little annoying.

Otherwise, looks great! I like the "latest disc" and "favorite Manufacturer". A "Most common weight" would be fun too or "Average Weight".

I didn't add in the bag expand/collapse remembering thing to the new one. I could add it in if there is demand.. or make a bag "jump" menu to just quickly scroll down to a bag. The "Add checked discs to bag" thing is a button, not a link, hence the no hand.

The more I look, the more new features I find.
I can't say "Thanks" enough.

I dig it. :thmbup:

One question for you though: how can I get a URL to use as a link to my bag like what's currently in my signature?

Thanks!

Change the word "bag" to "organizer" in your URL

First off, thanks timg, it new addition is excellent. I am sure my wife will be happy to see me spending even more time on this site.

I am however having issues updating my discs. I had no problem to start but now when I hit edit, it takes me to the beginning of my disc collection and won't let me edit. Any idea on how to fix it?

Already fixed... I was playing with something just now and realized I broke that. It should be back to normal.

Kudos, suggestions, question, and bugs

Tim,

Nice updates... really like the new color picker.

A few suggestions for enhancements:

• Add the ability to "expand" all discs in a bag with one click.
  • Add the ability to store weights to the tenth of a gram.
  • Could you please pre-populate the Type field for all discs? There should be a relatively standard Type for each preset disc in the Organizer db, right? The users could then change the type if they so desire.
Question:

• What happens when you're a premium member and upload pix of discs and then your premium membership expires? Are the pix deleted, or saved and just hidden from view until you renew your membership?
Bugs:

The way it works now, the pictures stay when your membership is up, you just can't add more. I'm not sure what those time/date stamps are... are they actually in the notes field or are they just showing up when viewed outside the editing page?

I'll have to fix the retired thing, a retired disc is supposed to be removed from all bags when retired.