• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Disc that compliments the buzzz?

Alright, having now thrown a Wasp and a Drone I am going to change my mind a bit.

I think the Drone and Wasp are very similar but found that on my still developing forehand shot that a wasp was easier to turn over. Therefore I would say that one needs:

Buzzz
Drone
Comet or Buzzz SS

Does anyone have both a Comet and a Buzzz SS that I can make a few throws with?

ok... lets think about this... we're looking for something that can do things the buzz can't do or at least do things better than the buzz.... you tested the Wasp and the Drone...

The Wasp can turnover easier than the drone... but can it turnover easier than the buzz? You can never turnover a wasp the way you would a buzz, and the wasp just barely gets more hyzer than the buzz... My point is... Wasp + Buzz cover less shots than Drone + Buzz... You want something that is significantly more understable/overstable than the buzz...

ok... lets think about this... we're looking for something that can do things the buzz can't do or at least do things better than the buzz.... you tested the Wasp and the Drone...

The Wasp can turnover easier than the drone... but can it turnover easier than the buzz? You can never turnover a wasp the way you would a buzz, and the wasp just barely gets more hyzer than the buzz... My point is... Wasp + Buzz cover less shots than Drone + Buzz... You want something that is significantly more understable/overstable than the buzz...

My wasp turns over more than the buzz, and fades more than the buzzz. i agree with you though drone + buzzz covers more shots. I really only use the wasp when i want a buzzz shot to fade at the end or for a S curve.

I think the Drone and Wasp are very similar but found that on my still developing forehand shot that a wasp was easier to turn over. /QUOTE]

Well, I guess it's my fault for not asking, but I had no idea you were looking for a forehand midrange. Yea, for forehand the Drone would be vast superior. I don't throw forehand very often, and when I do, I find midranges very uncomfortable for my hand. I personally only use drivers for forehand because they feel better. I have used my drone for forehand in practice, it flies very well forehand, it just doesn't suit my grip.

How does the drone compare to the flick? Kind of surprised it hasn't received any mention, especially the 150.

This is a great reference, and quite accurate in my opinion. Especially helpful if you want to mix brands, which could give you advantages. It's from the Gotta Go Gotta Throw website.

Joe's Flight Chart

My point is... Wasp + Buzz cover less shots than Drone + Buzz...
I don't think that's true. The Drone is only useful for a very limited number of lines unless you're able to get it out to like 350' (which few pepole are able to do). Most people will find that they won't be able to do much, if any, more with a Drone than they can with a Predator, Firebird, Spirit or other disc like that. There are a lot more options that those discs can cover that a Drone can't. It's a lot easier to control distances of steep hyzers by backing off of those faster discs than with trying to control something like a Drone or Demon. With those discs you either throw as hard as you can and get a 250' hyzer or back off a bit and get a 150' hyzer. Between a really overstable, faster driver (which you'll probably be carrying anyway) and a Wasp you'll be able to cover many more shots than you would with a really overstable, faster driver and a Drone. You won't have shallower hyzer options or longer, midrange 'S' shots covered at all.

I would say a Stingray is a good compliment to the Buzz. It is less stable and excellent for short approaches. Excellent to roll and anhyzer.....

I have a comet you can throw, but not the buzzz ss. I thought those were a very limited run??

Yes, very limited and only as a fundraiser. But when we play this week I would enjoy throwing the Comet. I think I would like the Buzzz SS because it should feel similar to a Buzzz in the hand.

Im not looking for a forehand midrange lol?

not now, but you might someday. The best thing that I have done to improve my game is to develop every different kind of shot. That way I can step up to anything and be ready for whatever might be there.

I don't think that's true. The Drone is only useful for a very limited number of lines unless you're able to get it out to like 350' (which few pepole are able to do). Most people will find that they won't be able to do much, if any, more with a Drone than they can with a Predator, Firebird, Spirit or other disc like that. There are a lot more options that those discs can cover that a Drone can't. It's a lot easier to control distances of steep hyzers by backing off of those faster discs than with trying to control something like a Drone or Demon. With those discs you either throw as hard as you can and get a 250' hyzer or back off a bit and get a 150' hyzer. Between a really overstable, faster driver (which you'll probably be carrying anyway) and a Wasp you'll be able to cover many more shots than you would with a really overstable, faster driver and a Drone. You won't have shallower hyzer options or longer, midrange 'S' shots covered at all.

I guess we just have a difference in preference then... the drone has less glide and so I just imagine its better for low hyzers... I think the buzz is better than either disc for midrange s shots... and low hyzers for that matter haha. in my experience I was never able to do anything with a wasp that I wasn't able to do with a buzz... I mean I guess this takes me back to my first question.... what isn't your buzz accomplishing for you?

Latest posts