• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Disc Weight Issues

Perhaps the PDGA should add a tolerance to the maximum weight per mold, like +4 or so grams

I have worked in an industry where limits were necessary. I found that when a tolerance was added (i.e. 175 +4 grams) you ended up with a new limit, and that was 179 grams. So then the question becomes, why can't I use my 180 gram disc. So you might as well just set an upper limit and then decide how to (or not to) enforce it.

3 grams is half a sheet of notebook paper which, if translated to plastic, is probably a few extra large drip-drops. I'm guessing it's tough to consistently hit max weight without going over or under.

You must have notebooks full of card stock!!

Nearly every Innova disc I have bought weighs 2 grams more than their listed weight and most of my other discs are 1 or 2 grams heavier than advertised. Although I have a 177+ FLX Drone which ended up weighing a whopping 182 (I still don't get why Discraft lists their max weight vaguely as 177+).

I know that 2 grams isn't a lot but to me it makes a difference when I want a 168g driver and end up with a 170. It's hard to find discs in the right weight and color combo so yea it gets a little frustrating when everything is 2 grams heavier than listed. It just kind of becomes a crapshoot when all the weights are deceiving.

Shop at new places. I go to one guy now on ebay.

Hyzer farm. All weights and colors are marked as is. Also cheapest discs ive found.