• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc you found that was so surprisingly good for a cerain purpose?

I found a DX Wraith with no name/number and to my surprise it is like a reverse meathook. The thing is absolutely amazing when I need it to go hard right. If I ever lose it, I'm screwed.

FLX Buzz I traded some kid for. its nicely used, just holds a straight line and sticks where it lands.

i was surprised with SLs and how straight they can go and the nice compact s patterns they'll do as well. one of my favorite discs in star plastic

I found a Pro Gazelle one day at the DG Course. There was no name and number on the disc so I tossed it in my bag. What this disc excels at is flying over water. I kid you not! When you don't give a $h!t about losing a beat up free disc that you found, you throw much better. I've never even come close to losing it in the drink. It all started as a joke because the hole right after I found the disc was one where you have to drive out over a pond. I jokingly said, "Oh and I have just the disc for this hole! It's a Pro Gazelle." My DG buddies laughed and egged me on. So I threw it and left myself with a birdie putt. So now I always use it as my water disc.

DH

Last edited:
Great find story... Found a beat rPro Aviar, sweet die, traded name... Had no idea who the owner was. So I start throwing it and it is great. Turns out my friend plays with a guy who lost this disc; so I return it through my friend and a week later it shows up in my trick wrapped up with a note form the guy I had returned it to.

This is my new go to short driver, hyzer, up shot disc. Holds any line you put it on. Just amazing!

I found a DX Wraith with no name/number and to my surprise it is like a reverse meathook. The thing is absolutely amazing when I need it to go hard right. If I ever lose it, I'm screwed.

My beat Wraith WILL NOT hyzer out.. I have not seen it finish to the left (RHBH) in almost a year.. Its wild how those things turn into flip machines! Great for certain shots though.

I have been using a cheapo Lightning #1 driver for a lot of anhyzer shots lately. Holds the gradual right turning line that doesn't come back, better than anything else that I have.

groove- i hated that disc with a passion then i hit an ace with it. tried throwing after and i still hated it. i guess its one certain purpose was to hit that one ace. took it outa the bag and never threw it again.

i wasnt fond of valks til i learned rollers. now its a go to.

I found a Pro Gazelle one day at the DG Course. There was no name and number on the disc so I tossed it in my bag. What this disc excels at is flying over water. I kid you not! When you don't give a $h!t about losing a beat up free disc that you found, you throw much better. I've never even come close to losing it in the drink. It all started as a joke because the hole right after I found the disc was one where you have to drive out over a pond. I jokingly said, "Oh and I have just the disc for this hole! It's a Pro Gazelle." My DG buddies laughed and egged me on. So I threw it and left myself with a birdie putt. So now I always use it as my water disc.

DH

Problem is, now you are gonna be worried about losing your "water" disc. :p

Blunt Gumbputt..

Best disc for turbo putting ever. My fingers stick like glue for max rotation allowing me to put more power into forward momentum plus it has great glide. Other than that it's just ok for normal putting.

I recently found a beat to hello Ontario roc. Called the guy and he said he chucked it on purpose so keep it. This thing has more lumps on it than my head. I put it in the give away slot in my bag but made the mistake of throwing it.now its in my bag as my hyzer flip bullet. Thanks buddy for having a temper.

Discs that have taught me things.

Challenger - strong hyzer and anhyzer putting
Comet - Cleaning up form and really snapping a disc at the end of the throw.
Cyclone - I almost said Roc but the Cyclone lets me know my form is on by its flight, is much the same manner as the Roc. Because if my throw is off the Cyclone will only go a little farther than the Roc. When I'm getting proper nose down and what not the cyclone will easily cruise farther.

Wahoo, bath toy.
Teebird+ Plate
Roc - When burned, keeps mosquitos away.

My Westside Northman. It's like a longer mid for me. It seems to hold any line I put it on, and is a go-to quite a bit.

A friend gave me a Blowfly after he gave up on it. I did not like the way it felt but needed putters for practise. It sat in my practise pile for a year. Over that time it became one of my most consistant practise discs and earned it's way into my bag. If I need to make a run and have the disc stick, it is money. It is great catch disc for warming up before a round.

I use a star boss as a skip disc for short approach shots. Odd for a high speed driver but I can flick or backhand that thing at the base of a hill and it'll skip 25 - 30ft uphill with almost no momentum required.

150 flick for control thawks and thumbers and skips and fh drives and hyzer spikes and it breaks down quickly like the crap plastic z is now. chips on grass fairways, absolute garbage material great disc.