• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discaroo

Chucktown

Eagle Member
Hey guys I am an avid Discaroo user. I love the site, I have been able to sell and trade so many discs that I have wanted to get out of my garage. But I have a question: When you are using the "Who's Looking for Your Disc" function, do you keep seeing the same discs on there? I made a complaint to Steve the site manager, that whenever I search for who is looking for my disc, it keeps putting the same people up there that are looking for my disc, and this has been over the past 5 months. Also, sometimes you click on that disc that you want to trade with and that person isn't even looking for that disc. Also, when trying to use the automatch function, does it work for you?, because it keeps freezing my browser. Has anyone else noticed this or had this problem?

So many people, it seems to me, just never sign on. I will make trades and they will sit there for days unaccepted

Yeah, I know Hellweg, I don't understand that, they may have like 10 discs sitting on there but they don't respond to emails or trade requests.

I have found the automatch function to be pretty worthless, I think because anyone that has "generic item" as wanted will be matched. I haven't messed much with the "who wants my disc" but I wouldn't be surprised if it were just as useless. I do love discaroo though.

The automatch is and has been completely screwed up for a long time. It loves to give items that were added like two years ago. I rarely request a trade unless it is recently listed or someone with alot of feedback.

I haven't used discaroo in awhile but it seemed like last time I did, there were a lot of discs on there that have been on for a really long time. Maybe that's why the same thing pops up for you when you're searching for who's looking for your disc. I agree with norcaldisc though, request trades with someone who has a lot of feedback or has recent activity.

yeah its been messed up, i juts search a disc i want and go through all of em untill i find someone who wants what i have

It seems that many people started a discaroo account only to leave the site and never come back

Try clearing your browser cache.
Your browser may just pull up its old pages.
PM me if you're not sure what I mean.

I had the same problem with the automatch and I was told I had to many wanted items listed, so if you have more than say 5-7 discs you'd take in trade for a disc it will freeze up.

tried clearing the cache, didn''t really notice any new discs on there, maybe there just isn't anyone adding wanted discs. But I did notice a couple of Focus' on there so it must be working. I hate when people don't put a price or wanted list on their discs.

yeah yeah yeah, older thread...
but i just signed up for discaroo, what a horrible setup for finding discs to trade, think i made a mistake by signing up
very hard to do anythin there (unless theres tricks i dont know of)

owell, just wanted to rant, tryin to trade plastic so i can give myself some christmas gifts, to bad PIAS don't pay shlt

its not the best... but every now and then theres a good deal. Discaroo Dollars are a little inflated... but I have done a few real cash deals on there.

I was so confused when I was reading through this to all of a sudden see that I had already posted. o_O

Whenever I have looked at Discaroo, found something I like, email and dont get a response. to be fair though, the same happens here if you use the disc browser and someone who doesnt come here often; just more cases of people creating an account and then never comming back.

But I like the set up here better anyway. Seems to be a lot more communication.

I was gonna try discaroo but what am I gonna do with dicaroo dollars- keep em with my old chuckie cheese tokens? Plus it seemed like traders were being too greedy, wanting new or 9.5 plastic for junk. Jmo

Latest posts