• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DiscGolfPark USA

All I need to know is how much are they, how much is shipping and how long will it take to get them?

Thanks.

Sent you a PM looking for specifics (amount needed, what size and your shipping address).

And the turnaround time is pretty quick, as we have turf in stock.

After reading all the posts and links, I can see a large niche for DGP, though a nice chunk of property and $30-40 grand are qualifiers. On the other hand, I like visiting new courses and seeing the vision of the locals.
Yet I worry about the McDonaldization/Trumpbranding of dg by the money/power hungry. For example, "Louisiana Healthcare Connections DiscGolfPark in Scotlandville". Gross. Someone thinks they're emperor.

Sounds like there could be a Disc Golf Park design happening in Folsom, CA. JTacoma03, what do you know about this? Any details?

That project isn't very far into the pipeline as of yet, but I can confirm Avery has been contacted about it. If it goes down it'll probably be a collaboration between he and I, we've enjoyed the tag team approach to design so far. :)

After reading all the posts and links, I can see a large niche for DGP, though a nice chunk of property and $30-40 grand are qualifiers. On the other hand, I like visiting new courses and seeing the vision of the locals.
Yet I worry about the McDonaldization/Trumpbranding of dg by the money/power hungry. For example, "Louisiana Healthcare Connections DiscGolfPark in Scotlandville". Gross. Someone thinks they're emperor.

I can understand how you'd be skeptical in today's day and age, but let me assure you that LHC is an awesome company (and part of a bigger corporation that operates in 23 states) that is looking into getting involved with disc golf from the angle of preventative medicine. Louisiana has one of the highest rates of childhood obesity and Type 2 diabetes in the country, and is most prevalent in low-income areas. They want a healthier Louisiana, and they're putting their money where their mouth is. We're working on a program involving elementary schools and summer camps too to teach them about the lifelong health benefits of low-impact, sustained-duration activities such as disc golf.

It grows the sport, and makes my home state healthier. In no way is it a money/power hungry play - it may be advertising - but it's advertising with a positive social impact.

ETA - oh and Baton Rouge is my hometown, and I proposed the course name. So you'll get everything you want still ;)

These forum trolls really hitting it hard here. He just said you can email or PM him with address provided. It's obvious your intent isn't having your question answered.

Hey, I got an answer! Please demote me to non-troll.

That project isn't very far into the pipeline as of yet, but I can confirm Avery has been contacted about it. If it goes down it'll probably be a collaboration between he and I, we've enjoyed the tag team approach to design so far. :)

I can understand how you'd be skeptical in today's day and age, but let me assure you that LHC is an awesome company (and part of a bigger corporation that operates in 23 states) that is looking into getting involved with disc golf from the angle of preventative medicine. Louisiana has one of the highest rates of childhood obesity and Type 2 diabetes in the country, and is most prevalent in low-income areas. They want a healthier Louisiana, and they're putting their money where their mouth is. We're working on a program involving elementary schools and summer camps too to teach them about the lifelong health benefits of low-impact, sustained-duration activities such as disc golf.

It grows the sport, and makes my home state healthier. In no way is it a money/power hungry play - it may be advertising - but it's advertising with a positive social impact.

ETA - oh and Baton Rouge is my hometown, and I proposed the course name. So you'll get everything you want still ;)

Wow. I said nothing about LHC being a disreputable company---I just think the naming is too corporate. Thanks for trying to portray me as anti-child health. So much for ever supporting your company. :mad:

Wow. I said nothing about LHC being a disreputable company---I just think the naming is too corporate. Thanks for trying to portray me as anti-child health. So much for ever supporting your company. :mad:

Your so full of crap. You were never planning on supporting them anyway. And this goes for a couple other people posting on the last few pages.

office-space-jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg

I just think the naming is too corporate.

If you want the money, the advertising comes with it. That's just part of the deal. I have a local business who has offered to pay for a disc golf course provided it is named after the business. The explanation that I got was, "That way, it's a deductible advertising expense." This is no different than a business putting their name on your child when they pay for the uniforms for his/her little league team, naming a tournament after the business, naming a college football bowl game after the business, naming a stadium after the business, etc.

"Louisiana Healthcare Connections DiscGolfPark at Scotlandville" is a little unwieldy, but so what? All the locals are going to just call it "Scotlandville" anyway. LHC should be thanked profusely for putting up the money and it's a pretty decent course (but I hope they get the tee pads de-lumped).

As to DiscGolfPark, they do sell tee pads, as one has noted, and they finally did respond to my request for pricing on equipment. I ballpark it at $15,000, minimum, for just the equipment for an 18 hole course, but that is going to vary widely depending on the number of tee-pads and extra baskets, etc. That's not a bad price and is in line with what one local course owner spent to put in 18 additional holes at my home course.

That doesn't include consulting on the design, but I'm not at that point yet. I'll be meeting with some people today about trying to get a grant and the use of one or two out of several really nice pieces of property (that we probably can't get concrete delivery trucks into) to put one or two disc golf courses on and now I am a little better informed as to what the options are for equipment and how much to ask for in grant money. Of course, at this early stage, there is no way to know if we even have a chance at getting the money or use of the property.

I still don't understand the reluctance regarding giving out the pricing information and being the type of guy who immediately removes the dealership stickers from my trucks, I'm not particularly interested in naming any course a "DiscGolfPark," but, on the other hand, if the price is right . . .

I could care less what a course is a called, further, I would definitely support sponsors who put their money up to let me play on their donated equipment.

Not sure how you got any of that from my post. I was just explaining my relationship with a company. To each their own I guess.

Latest posts