• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania DD

Stable

* Ace Member *
Anyone out there have experience with the Discmania DD? The flight ratings make it look like a fast Teebird. Would like to hear from anyone who has used it.

Wraith speed and overstable, in premium plastic it won't turn unless there is a fairly strong headwind. I don't know about P line or whatever but apparently they are somewhat popular.

Underrated overstable distance driver; if the Wraith and TeeRex bumped uglies and had a baby, the DD-Hysteria would be it. It actually has a Wraith bottom, and what Discmania calls the 'anhyzer top' - don't let that mislead you, the disc is quite stable. It's popular in P-line because it breaks in a bit and allows for more distance; the C-line tends to be even more overstable and great for wind emergencies. My subjective ratings for the P-line are 11/5/0/2.5 and 11/4.5/0/3.5 for the C-line. I suppose you might compare the flight to a fresh Champ Teebird, but generally speaking, I'd say it's more of a longer PD, a broken in TeeRex, or a super-OS Wraith, depending on your perspective.

Sounds like something I need. I have loved the Wraith over the years but I have been turning it over so much over the last year that I have to be too careful with it, especially in 15mph+ headwinds. The Teerex is too much so I when I saw these flight ratings I got excited. I wonder if Discmania discs are manufactered here or in Europe.

Bought a P-Line years ago......too much disc for my arm.
Feels great and is very over stable for me.

The Discmania line is produced by Innova in California as far as I know - they have the standard Innova tooling. I think you'll enjoy the P-line DD; the amount of stability will probably surprise you at first, but they break in fairly quickly and you'll find that it can take a massive amount of power and/or headwind and still fly straight with reliable fade and respectable max D.

Wait for it............

In fact it IS a longer Teebird. :D

I have an s line and a p line. The s line is a true 0/2 the p line breaks in nice and to me is about a -1/2. Great for max d. I normally shoot nukes and get them to 420' pretty consistently. And the p line dd is always right behind it at 400'

I have an s line and a p line. The s line is a true 0/2 the p line breaks in nice and to me is about a -1/2. Great for max d. I normally shoot nukes and get them to 420' pretty consistently. And the p line dd is always right behind it at 400'

I really want that 0-HS & 2-LS flight. My issue with my beloved Wraith is that is dances around too much for me. I love how my Teebird produces laser flights even in headwinds. Really want this with a disc that feels like a Wraith in my hand and goes as far.

Get an s line you will like it.

Also few others I like for this is an sp hurricane or a sword. I know some think swords are understable but mine has little to no turn at 400'. I throw tp in a sword

To add to the last comment, if you like the 'feel' of this disc (lower profile with reasonable max-distance rim), you'll also enjoy: Sword, Trespass, Force, Hurricane, and Flow. They all have a similar feel with different flight tendencies.

Yes but I have been really really disappointed with the.flows lately. I have had 2 and both were just really overstable

The Flow 'should' be more understable than the Sword and definitely the Hurricane and Hysteria - with GL Flow's being notoriously flippy.

Yes but I have been really really disappointed with the.flows lately. I have had 2 and both were just really overstable

Both of mind are not at all. I was looking for exactly what the flow should be... A more understable sword. For me both of mine are as stable or more than the sword. Mor hysteria like then anything.

Can anyone compare the First Run shield stamp with the second run shield stamp and the current production runs? Are the current runs flat or domey?

I believe the FRs were notoriously OS and sometimes low on glide. However, some people prefer them like that. I have one and it fits the role I have for it, i.e. A good wind disc that still is not overkill like FAF FBs or something similar. Good distance.

I had a P-DD and was for sure surprised at how stable it was out of the box. It beat in to a great flier after it lost some stability. For sure more stable then a Pro Wraith. I did however lose it but have nothing bad to say about the disc.

I believe the FRs were notoriously OS and sometimes low on glide. However, some people prefer them like that. I have one and it fits the role I have for it, i.e. A good wind disc that still is not overkill like FAF FBs or something similar. Good distance.

My first run it just dead straight and goes for ever. It is also FAF but i cant find any that are that flat or feel as good.

I have a C-line DD that is a beefy monster; right up there with a flat 12x Firebird. The thing laughs at wind.

Latest posts