• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania DD

Is anyone bagging these? I was thinking of picking one up. On paper it looks like a longer PD. How would it compare to a PD or a PD2? Will it hold up to a headwind? Marshal Street's flight guide puts it in the same category as the Boatman, anyone else find them comparable?

I bagged them years ago. They're solid drivers and cycle well. I gradually beat in an SDD so that it would turn some, glide out, then fade late, and I paired that with a fresh SDD for more overstable lines. I'd also carry a PDD for water holes, and it started out just as OS as the S.

If you skip to 2:10 I throw a 450' flex shot with one on hole 9 in this old video.

I'm giving them a shot to go with my terns for windy shots. I like them a little more than my PD's as they seem to be more forgiving. If I mess up a drive with a newer PD they really fade out much sooner and a lot of holes at my home course are relatively straight with rough on both sides of the narrow fairways.

I actually have an old beat in Mike C DD that flies pretty nicely.

Thinking of bringing the C-DD back into the line up and pairing it with Star Wraiths.

Good Wraiths are easier to find than good Destroyers.

I carry an S-DD to go with my Wraiths for headwinds. Nice and overstable. Thinking about cycling some P-Lines in with my Wraiths for a comparison. If you got any P-Lines laying around for trade hit me up! I'll probably have to some as my search in the marketplace yielded zero. :(

Anyways, Beat in P-Line to Pro Wraith comparison?

I've been chucking my X-out Deep in the Game S line DD. It's a beaut! Just like a Wraith but more stable, which I prefer.

Have a Jolly launch C line DD as well but it's just a beefcake at this point haha, overlaps with pD's and my PD2 ATM with all the fresh C line discs I have

Sadly the G-DD was released so late in the season that I only had it one round with me. Seemed pretty solid, not too flippy and not a pig either. Looks like a contender in the max distance slot (against P and G-PD2s). I also bag a FR SDD and a JL CDD.

I purely use my DD's for long flex shots and with my angle of release create that "turn". I would say compared to the s-line's these turn and flex a lot easier and with less power needed. When hard and flat, I am seeing an initial turn in flight but a healthy fade back.

Sadly the G-DD was released so late in the season that I only had it one round with me. Seemed pretty solid, not too flippy and not a pig either. Looks like a contender in the max distance slot (against P and G-PD2s). I also bag a FR SDD and a JL CDD.

I bought some P and C PD2's to hopefully break in for max D but I think they'll take too long to get there. This sounds like it might be a better option.

Would the increased glide and less HSS/LSS of the G DD out-distance a G or P PD2? Assuming both are broken in.

I bought some P and C PD2's to hopefully break in for max D but I think they'll take too long to get there. This sounds like it might be a better option.

Would the increased glide and less HSS/LSS of the G DD out-distance a G or P PD2? Assuming both are broken in.

Never mind. Did some searching on here and it looks like the DD is more suited for controlled distance.

Never mind. Did some searching on here and it looks like the DD is more suited for controlled distance.

I actually use the DD in the way you mentioned. I throw the PD2 in c-line for my go to drivers. I actually get more distance out of my DD than I do my most beat pd2. I use the dd for forehand shots and max distance. It's essentially a destroyer and because of the lack of the crazy Low speed fade like the pd2 I get nice s-turn bombs. A seasoned s-dd will flip up and glide much further than the pd2. But is also subject to being squirrely in the wind. I throw between 425-450 and the DD is usually longer for me than the pd2. Just my .02 tho. My last disclaimer is I use the DD for raw distance shots with lots of room in the fairway to work. If I'm throwing hard and flat I'll grab a pd2.

I actually use the DD in the way you mentioned. I throw the PD2 in c-line for my go to drivers. I actually get more distance out of my DD than I do my most beat pd2. I use the dd for forehand shots and max distance. It's essentially a destroyer and because of the lack of the crazy Low speed fade like the pd2 I get nice s-turn bombs. A seasoned s-dd will flip up and glide much further than the pd2. But is also subject to being squirrely in the wind. I throw between 425-450 and the DD is usually longer for me than the pd2. Just my .02 tho. My last disclaimer is I use the DD for raw distance shots with lots of room in the fairway to work. If I'm throwing hard and flat I'll grab a pd2.
Solid. I'll see if I can find a good S and P DD to start with.

The newest SDD are beefy compared to the older runs but still good.I haven't broken one in yet but I think the increased stability should help it season better,they're great in the wind.

I throw some of the older hysteria stamps and have a broken on S that works on big flex lines with enough room or super straight when thrown on a hyzer.between these and a couple wraiths,I rarely need to throw my pd2 anymore unless it's really windy or need more skip/fade.

The CDD are even beefier than the S as well. I've read about the new G line and might give one a go if I can get a pop top. I don't dabble in the P line at all so I can't help there.

Curious thing... in minus 23 degrees celsius the G-DD was much more US than in above zero conditions. Felt like that much cold had the flight plate contract or something, because it was also flatter than inside the house. Never experienced this before. The G-PD2 I also had out was not fazed by the temperature.