• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

The FD is a good deal slower than the PD/TD, so on the same line with the same throw they don't go as far. However, the FD glides really well, so if given height/thrown anny where the glide can really kick in it can go about as far as a PD/TD.

Ok, good. I don't like to throw high airshots, probably an indication of my struggle to constantly keep the nose down.

I don't normally like the feel of domey discs, but these feel nice in the hand. FDs in super domey eco star would probably be pretty killer.

So you've been checking Disc Golf Center, Marshall Street, and Disc Nation every 5 minutes, too? What weight and color are you looking for, just so I know what I am competing against...

No speekee engrish. ;)

Yes, been checking way too often. Color isn't as important as weight with me. Low to mid 160's or even up to 169 is my fairway weight. Color just has to be visible and not dark or light yellow. I am sick of losing discs.:doh:

No speekee engrish. ;)

Yes, been checking way too often. Color isn't as important as weight with me. Low to mid 160's or even up to 169 is my fairway weight. Color just has to be visible and not dark or light yellow. I am sick of losing discs.:doh:

Then it looks like the race is on! Those are my same specs. I'm sure there will be enough to go around.

Then it looks like the race is on! Those are my same specs. I'm sure there will be enough to go around.

Doh!!...should have stuck with No Speekee.:doh:;);)

I am still waiting for some to get the Warship. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how these things are distributed. Of course, I can always drive up to Disc Nation and get what I want. ;)

my guess is ull see alot of places with them wed or thurs. dgc maybe friday

Wed, Thurs and Fri??? Have you any idea HOW LONG a wait that is??? :p

I have to do something to distract me....just about to head out to the toof doc instead of playing 18.:doh:

Something that surprised me a little. As much hype as they had with this one...I was surprised no one did any preorders.

DN posted maybe Friday on FB. Sounds like a big maybe, too. How were these shipped?? Pony Express?? :(:doh:

Hahaha, they posted that in response to my question!

We are officially FD stalkers!

I didn't see yours until just now. I posted that question on 3/9 originally and just bumped it about 8 hours ago. ;) The best part is if they are in on Friday, I can pop over on Saturday since I'll only be 25 or so miles away. ;)

Yup....we are stalkers alright.:doh:

You might be best ordering for instore pickup at DN. they might not make it to the store if they are hot online

I didn't see yours until just now. I posted that question on 3/9 originally and just bumped it about 8 hours ago. ;) The best part is if they are in on Friday, I can pop over on Saturday since I'll only be 25 or so miles away. ;)

Yup....we are stalkers alright.:doh:

Great minds think alike, I say. I will eagerly await your review if you get it this weekend. Living in California, for once, has its drawbacks.

finally got a chance to throw mine today a few times before work. i had an orange 171 s line, red 175 s line, and neon yellow 172 c line. i managed to toss the orange in water on like the third throw...pulled the disc a bit late, it tracked right for a while, and didn't have enough fade to make it back on dry land. the red seemed a tick more stable than the orange, and the yellow c line was the most stable of the 3. you could tell it was wanting to hit some high speed turn but stayed pretty straight with some fade at the end. already i think it will be the workhorse once it beats in a bit.

if the rain holds off i want to get some more throws in tomorrow with them. i haven't throw in almost 2 weeks and i could definitely tell that i wasn't clicking real well with my throws. the disc did have some crazy glide and really carried without having to throw it hard. i know my local pias is supposed to be getting some in the 160s, i will definitely pick one of those up to try. i reeeeeaaallllly hope this gets ran in eco at some point, a big ole fat domed fd would be fun to throw.

no dice, it was probably a good 15-20 feet out in the water. by the time i got to it it wasn't visible. i was pretty salty about it but that just gives me a reason to go fondle them locally.

no dice, it was probably a good 15-20 feet out in the water. by the time i got to it it wasn't visible. i was pretty salty about it but that just gives me a reason to go fondle them locally.

I'd drain the whole lake before I would give up on it lol. I'd be really upset if I lost one can't wait to get some more backups