• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

Man was I ever crushing my FD's on the weekend. I took a stack of putters, my traveler basket and a D and S FD out camping with me. I love just having the one driver option available as it forces me to really think about the disc and work it in situations where I wouldn't normally even think about it. The FD is very versatile though and I got some amazing lines with them out there. fun fun fun.

^^^^^ Yep. I played a couple of rounds with a domey S-FD and Tern as my only drivers. The more I throw the FD, the better I play. Makes me wonder why I lug around other drivers.

Had one fun hole at Seneca - #2 red tee, basket in the far left position (about 325 feet). I let a guy play through, but he lost his disc and waved me to throw. The tee shot is semi-blind, but when I walked down the fairway the disc was wedged against a log about 10 feet behind the basket.

In truth, I was happiest about overthrowing a 325-foot hole with a fairway driver. :) FD has some serious glide.

The fd has quickly become my favorite disc in my bag. There is a 402' hole at stony creek metropark I always pull my fd on and more often than not it ends up within 30' usually pin high. If I need the fd to turnover it will. Hyzer flipped it will go dead nuts straight with little fade. I can see why Simon bags FDs instead of PDs.

Dont know if any of you guys have seen these, but they are real and are out there

CFR C-Line Glow FD!!

10556429_10203134882545327_7208481593443655891_n.jpg

Picked up a 2nd run C-FD, played a round of golf went home and ordered two more. Very interested to try out 3rd run for a little less stability. Roc, FD, Teebird and Destroyers might just be all you need(insert whatever putter suits you). Great disc!

Just picked up Jackal S the other day. It's been windy here since I got it, so I don't have a great feel for it yet. It seem to throw similar lines to my XS Z tho. I'll no more today since there is little to no wind.

2nd run FD's

Where is the best online vendor that carries 2nd fun C FDs, i know the discmania store has 3rd runs.

It is incredible the amount of times I have had to explain the difference of each FD run to online retailers :doh: make sure you spell it out in your order forms before submitting your purchase!

This run was limited to 50, and all numbered. I just so happen to have #1 ;)

So you beat me to it, huh? I have #3/50. Deciding what to do with it...I want to throw it but can't bring myself to do it.

So you beat me to it, huh? I have #3/50. Deciding what to do with it...I want to throw it but can't bring myself to do it.

I have #10 proudly in the FD collection next to my russian stampe, blizzard, and multi stamps :thmbup: heard they are awesome to throw though! If a production run doesn't come out soon I may have to give it a few tosses.

instead of fussing with vendors, does anyone have 1 or 2 C- Line FD's theyre willing to part with? Sorry if this post is not allowed in this thread.

Just an FYI-

GGGT- has second runs primarily in stock (I will confirm this tonight). I sent them a note asking about first runs and they responded with most are flat and have bubbles in the rim- second run.

Marshall Street emailed me back saying they have mainly first runs, but do have some second runs which are all the yellow "color options" listed.

Waiting to hear back from disc golf center.

I've been gradually and continuously building up my 2nd Run FD stash. I can confirm that I have never seen any other run besides 2nd's at discgolfcenter. I've ordered as recently as last week.

So I take it there's no way to get G-line FD's in lighter weights (mid-to-high-160s)? I see that the Discmania store only has first runs at max weight.

So I take it there's no way to get G-line FD's in lighter weights (mid-to-high-160s)? I see that the Discmania store only has first runs at max weight.

I got some 172s a while back which were the lightest ones available at that time. It does look like only 175s are left.

I had read that the G-Lines were slightly less stable than S-Line but I'm not really seeing that. They fly pretty much the same for me. For anyone who has thrown a G-Line FD how would you compare to an S-Line?

Latest posts