• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania Lite Basket

Talk about maximizing space in those small boxes. I can see myself taking this basket camping or on the road with me over my Innova travel basket.

That's a nice looking practice basket. I've been super happy with my DISCatcher Traveler, but its biggest problem is blow throughs on hyzer putts. I like how this basket seems to have addressed that.

Looks like a great basket to start with an improve upon slightly. Better chains is the first step

Going to order one later this week, hope it´s here before christmas. Will let you guys know what i think about it.

Seems like i´ll be spending this winter in my basement....

Going to order one later this week, hope it´s here before christmas. Will let you guys know what i think about it.

Seems like i´ll be spending this winter in my basement....

Looking forward to your review. I've been spending a lot of time in my basement with my Innova Discatcher Sport already this winter!:)

I'm interested in how it folds. By the looks of the size of the box, a carrying case would be pretty sweet.

My basket will be shipped today. So i am optimistic to have it under my christmas tree next week.
The german discmania store offers free shipping. Pretty neat imo. Can´t wait to see the basket!

Picked up one from a local store about a week ago. (Finland 49,95€) Not going to open the box before christmas though. :)

Last edited:
Santa was way early. I got my basket yesterday :hfive:

Discmania advertises their new basket with four short statements:
"Great practive basket"
"New effective chain set-up"
"Lightweight"
"Easy to assemble"

Well i am going to take these four statements as my starting point for this review:

Let me start off with the assembling part.
Took me 10 minutes to get this basket together. You don´t need any tools, if you are stong enough to tuck everything together. A Hammer might come in handy at some point, at least it helped me.

Lightweight:
8kg for a basket, seems light enough for me. I can easily pick it up with one hand. This is really one of the great features of this basket, if you want to rearrange the basket in your basement or on the course to test out new holes e.g. you can easily do this with this basket.

Downside: Heavy winds and this basket aren´t the best friends after all.

Chain set-up: Catches disc with ease. Made about 50 putts on this basket without a single spit-out. These crosschains really love to stop your disc right away. I am stoked to say the least.

Great practice basket? YES YES YES! i love it so far. Only time can tell how this basket will hold up to some heavy use, the first impression is good though. Put it in your basement and work on your putting game! :hfive:

Only thing i am worried about is, how it will handle nature, i can see this thing getting rusty when it´s outside all year, wouldn`t recommend this as an permanent outside basket.

Last edited:
Picked up one from a local store about a week ago. (Finland 49,95€) Not going to open the box before christmas though. :)

Wow, sounds like a great price. Are discs also a little less expensive over there?

Standard prices are ~

D-line 9,90€
P-line 12,90€
C-line 14,90€
S-line 15,90€

Not too cheap but not gouging either. I do vaguely remember back in the day when D-line was more like 7,90€... but everything has gotten more expensive too

Is Spring really upon you? When I look at the weather forecast for Minneapolis, I don't see a very spring-like forecast.

http://www.weather.com/weather/today/l/USMN0503:1:US

I see a low of -8 for tonight (without any wind chill).

25 and 30 this weekend :thmbup: Sweatshirt weather! I associate March with spring and can only hope we get another 70 degree on St Patty's day like we did two years ago.

The top chain assembly and the basket... heck, the whole thing but the cross chains looks an awful lot like a basket I got for Christmas that I posted in this thread. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111788 It has an extra inner set of chains instead of the cross chains. The directions for mine didn't mention the 2nd set of chains and look like they were an after market addition to the basket.

If you don't want to go to that link, here are the pics.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts