• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania p2

I'll not start a new thread to ask this even though this is an old thread so:

How's the P-line for driving? Is it any more durable than the D-line? How's the stability? :confused:

Theyre pretty beefy, every bit as stable as a big bead. Better gliderhan a big bead. Deceptively fast for how slow they feel. Way more durable than d line, but is prone to chipping. Like most stiff plastics are.

Got 2 p-p2`s today both 172 yellow with black stamp. They will become my new throwing putter! And the stiff p-line plastic is great

P-P2 is my go-to driving putter. I call it a mini-KC Pro Roc. Holds any line and doesn't glide out.

Also been using a 160g C-P2 for warmup catch before rounds. Really fun disc, and I hope we get some heavy CP2s one day

If the P-P2 is a beadless KC Aviar that is only a hair less overstable...then that sounds like a great disc to me.

If the P-P2 is a beadless KC Aviar that is only a hair less overstable...then that sounds like a great disc to me.

When theyre new i think theyre more OS than a kc bb

I believe the top is Same as kc bb, bottom is PnA and there may be a spacer

So I switched off of P2's to try and find the one and you can guess how that ended up. Well long story short I am thinking about trying the P2 again I really like the fit in my hand. I have a few questions on the plastic types, I like the grip on the D-line over the P-line but the stifness and stability of the P-line is really awesome. How do both the D and P lines change in particularly the feel(stiffness of disc, durability of plastic etc.) and the flight characteristics as they wear?

You can find some stiff, beefier D-Lines. I have a white one that I would have sweared was KC plastic. If you want the best of the both worlds, though, try an S-Line. The blend is really grippy, and they're very durable and stable.

Yeah I have an S-line for driving its awesome but the flight plate gives a little too much for my taste. I like stiff putters for my putting duty. I think P-P2 is where ill head just because they are all guaranteed to be stiff as hell.

Cant say enough good things about the P-line P2. It took the place as my main putter at the beginning of last season and will not be leaving anytime soon. I had never thought of field testing one of my back ups to see how it drove until last week. I was very impressed by the control and distance with little effort i put in. I just ordered 3 first run d-lines from discgolfvalues in hope the added grip of that run of d-line will make it the perfect driving putter.

Received my first run d-line P2's this morning and holy grip! Very chalky and nothing like any other d-line plastic I have felt. I am excited to get out and field test them.

image_zps34507fb6.jpeg

I may have bought those 4 discs prematurely for my driving P2. Last night a picture went up of a g-line P2 and that seems very promising. i was never a fan of the star P2 but really like the grip you get in gstar plastic. Fingers crossed they release those!

I might pick one of these up, the P line sounds nice. Do the rims feel pretty deep or not bad?

I might pick one of these up, the P line sounds nice. Do the rims feel pretty deep or not bad?

I drive with them all the time and it never bothers me. It feels almost exactly like an Aviar P&A, but slightly deeper. I can really only feel the difference between the two if I feel one directly after feeling the other (I did this with my P2 and a McPro last week).

The Envy is shallower, for sure, and feels more mid-like. I can't speak for the flights, however, as I've only ever held an Envy, not thrown it. If I had to guess, though, I would say that the P2 is probably more overstable, but with a slow putter flight.

^^Thanks. I'll probably stick with my Envy, then. Just looking for an excuse to try some other Discmania stuff, haha.

Latest posts