• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Thinking of switching from the Reko to..

booter

* Ace Member *
i need something similar to the reko feel and profile but with more glide. so far im considering the aviar pna, omega, pilot, and a voodoo maybe. i dont care for beaded putters really and nothing overly floppy or firm. the feel of the reko firmness is what i like, firm rim but pliable plate to dig my thumb into. im a spin putter , i just dont dig deep dish putters . i tried the p2 for a long time but it was always a bit too deep for me

i need something similar to the reko feel and profile but with more glide. so far im considering the aviar pna, omega, pilot, and a voodoo maybe. i dont care for beaded putters really and nothing overly floppy or firm. the feel of the reko firmness is what i like, firm rim but pliable plate to dig my thumb into. im a spin putter , i just dont dig deep dish putters . i tried the p2 for a long time but it was always a bit too deep for me

My two suggestions are the Warden in Classic or Classic Blend, and the Prodigy Pa4 (unbeaded) or Pa3 (beaded) in 350g plastic.

Wardens are unbeaded and have that extra bit of glide you're wanting. I used to putt with them, then switched to the beaded Marshal when I changed my putting grip and throw. Try one in the plastic you like best.

Prodigy 350g plastic is really awesome, even better than my Reko's K3 plastic. The Prodigy putters always have reminded me of the Reko in their feel, though they're not shaped exactly the same.

Like you I hate deep dish putters. I normally push/loft putt but when I anhyzer, I spin.
The Soft Electron Atom has a firm rim with a soft rubber feeling plate. The Voodoo is nice but I can control the Atom better as it is a bit slimmer.

lol yes i was an omega guy for a long time. the tx heat just does not go well for them softies but i hear newer plastic runs give a firm option.

L64 Mercy might fill your Boots ;)

When I threw the Mercy I tried the Reko felt like they had similarities

Gauntlet is beaded and I'm pretty sure the Crown is too...

Mercy no bead

It's not Aviar like in that the wing is actually concave as opposed to flat

If a flat wing is preferred you could consider the Warden (which would be Aviar or Warlock like)

Gauntlet and Crown are beaded
I don't have much experience with the Gauntlet

The Crown (seeing as I have one in the basement) looks very much like a KC Pro Aviar

If you like Challengers (assuming ok with a micro bead) the Marshall is very close

the new Guard will be very straight and have glide...but it's a basically a beadles Dagger so on the deeper side. Keystone would be similar but thinner profile.

In the DD/L64 stuff you are probably looking at the Classic Blend / Medium

My vote is for a gateway voodoo or a discraft roach. The roach might be a tad deep but it's a variation of the beadless aviar with a more rounded nose that feels similar to the reko.

I recently gave the Pure White Voodoo a shot against the Reko. I love the Reko feel/flight but was looking for something with more firmness to help fight the Southern heat. I'm finding a bit more glide with the Voodoo, but they are pretty close in flight. I can't get past the Gateway tooling though, it's not a big deal but kinda throws me off.

Latest posts