• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania p2

About a month ago I switched to P2s for approach/driving putter/putting putter. I have an SP2 I use for drives and windy approaches and three PP2s. My putter cracked in a tournament this weekend and after it was over I picked up two P2s that were P-line but marked KP2 on the bottom. Does this mean they're KCPro plastic?

About a month ago I switched to P2s for approach/driving putter/putting putter. I have an SP2 I use for drives and windy approaches and three PP2s. My putter cracked in a tournament this weekend and after it was over I picked up two P2s that were P-line but marked KP2 on the bottom. Does this mean they're KCPro plastic?

The Pro-Line is supposed to be KC Pro. Some are marked "KP2" but I felt up those in comparison to ones marked "PP2" and they felt the same. This post is from a Discmania Rep that says Pro-line = KC Pro: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2845939&postcount=1184

K-P2's are significantly more firm or hard plastic. I'm not sure if it is kc pro specifically but Kp2's will be firmer.

P2s marked Kp2 are the firmest P2 released. It is a very slick and very stiff kc-pro plastic. Kinda like newer kc Rocs

P-p2 marked p-lines are softer and tend to beat in with nice grip.

early run p-line p2 marked BB or just P2 and don't feature the words "first run" are the old money kc pro plastic.

Thanks for the info. I like that super stiff plastic for putters. It's such a great feeling putter. Glad I bought two of the same so when one wears out, the other is ready. Has anyone ever had durability issues with these putters? As I said my putting putter cracked when all I do is exclusively use it for putting and I believe it was one of these kcpro stiff P2s

yup the Discmania store site even had the specific super stiff K-P2 for sale: https://store.discmania.net/p-line-p2-mini-store-stamp.html

I really like the current P-P2 stuff out right now (especially the new minimal shield stamp) its stiffer than the current McPro Aviars but not slick like super stiff KC Pro Aviars.

Unfortunately... there's no stock of either right now :(

I'm going to re-try some S-P2's I had an S-P2 back in the beginning of the year during winter and liked it but the flashing was so thick and cut into my fingers. Also it was a super gummy Star blend (almost g-star) so I shelved it. Figured I'd try them out again if I liked the feel of the ones I ordered.

cFz2FLJl.jpg

super pink because of the fall leaves and eventual winter snow. I'm happy that they are stiffer than my last SP2 (and its actually warm out today 70ºF so i know its legit stiff not due to cool temps).

I had the same problem with flashing on a S-Line P2. I just tossed it in a parking lot a few times and it is perfect now.

Bump. Just acquired a 175g S-Line P2. I'm am very impressed with this disc; amazed, actually. The grip is more shallow than the Aviar P&A and BB Aviar Driver, and somewhat to my surprise the P2 grip is very comfortable.

Throwing it is even better: I took it to the range and threw it into headwinds and with tailwinds. In all cases it did not turn over on me, going straight with just a bit of fade on the finish. Really did well on hyzer lines, as well.

But the most impressive (and to me unexpected) thing about the P2 was the glide it had and the distance it got. It went as far as the Opto Pure, and I even got almost 250 feet (rangefinder measured) on a throw in a crosswind.

Then I took the P2 to a short but very technical/wooded course, where it did very well on approach shots... well, actually it was a bit too long on some of the short holes in the 175-200 ft. range. Really nice, and I'll be working with this disc some more and likely adding it to my bag.

Bump. Just acquired a 175g S-Line P2. I'm am very impressed with this disc; amazed, actually. The grip is more shallow than the Aviar P&A and BB Aviar Driver, and somewhat to my surprise the P2 grip is very comfortable.

Strange. My S-Line P2 is really deep. Seems to be a bit deeper than my D-Line P2s (possibly because it's a bit more domey), and surely much deeper than the DX Aviar P&A of a friend, I felt recently. Your statement surprises me much.

Unfortunately I have few other discs to compare.

Strange. My S-Line P2 is really deep. Seems to be a bit deeper than my D-Line P2s (possibly because it's a bit more domey), and surely much deeper than the DX Aviar P&A of a friend, I felt recently. Your statement surprises me much.

Unfortunately I have few other discs to compare.

Mine are pretty flat, so maybe that's why they feel less deep. :confused:

In my experience S line does feel as if it is a tad deeper than the other plastics. I also had a luster P2 that seemed almost bloated because it was so tall. Very strange. Random thought but I would love a p2x. Same feel as the P3x but with that P2 flight. Or they could just drop D line P3x and I am sure they will beat in to be amazing :clap:

Well, for me the p3x is just that. I dont see the "3" in it. It is just and improved version of the S-P2. Amazing to grip and rip. Flightwise almost the same too, just stiffer and better feeling out of the hand. You "too deep" people ought to try one out. I oromise, the bead will not bite.

I would not say that my S-Line is too deep. it just feels deeper than the D-Line. I like the way the S-Line feels in the hand. I will however give the p3x a look.

Update: been throwing my pink Color Glow C-Line P2 for Throw Pink Month. Feels good in the hand, throws well (and overstable) on approach shots, and did reliably well in the wind we've had here the last couple of days.

Put a d-line P2 in the bag to compliment my grid aviars. Really like the feel of d-line, not a huge fan of any premium plastic putters for throwing. The s-line that I've used feels like the shoulder is taller and makes for a deeper feel. The d-line seems flatter overall from the two that I have.

Well, for me the p3x is just that. I dont see the "3" in it. It is just and improved version of the S-P2. Amazing to grip and rip. Flightwise almost the same too, just stiffer and better feeling out of the hand. You "too deep" people ought to try one out. I oromise, the bead will not bite.

The most notable difference to me is the glide. P2 glides well where a P3x is more brick like (not a bad thing for this mold)

So I'm a putter fanatic/nerd. I always attempt to (at least TRY) test out putters especially ones that are quite popular. I have been meaning to get around to check out the P2. Over the last year I have been working with the Dagger and really liked it for the flight, slow, good glide, stable, straight. And I REALLY liked the plastic, the BT Hard and BT Hard Burst are super nice and don't warp at all. The thing....I don't love the bead.

I was out this weekend and a card-mate had new putters, P-line P2 at 175g - I said "hey can I check those out?" I really liked the feel and profile and overall he said its REALLY High speed stable but with a small fade (which is exactly what I like in my putter)

recently I've played in windy conditions and I'll say that though I liked the dagger it does NOT like the wind, I've been primarily putting with a ReptilianDiscGolf SERPENT as its bluky slow and low glide and STRAIGHT STABLE - for wind it just did much better and I started getting more putts in.

I didn't like the idea of not trusting my main putting putter in the wind so I ordered a couple P P2's at 175g.

Please educate me ;) With plastic I know what it all is, Which is most OS---US? How does it handle wind? What are your experiences? And should I be serious in switching over to a P2 if I like the grip?

One main question I have is there's D=Dx P=KcPro? and X=which is? tougher like XT? Which is best for putting? (I know it's preference and I assume D beats up the quickest, I like my putters fairly firm as I was putting BT Hard and Prodigy 350 before that, but I don't like it SO firm and solid that it doesn't catch and spits out (my problem with the 350 Pa3, great putter, slipped out of chains too much)

Basically, sell me on the P2 and whats the advice with Plastic/weights? I upshot with other discs so this is pretty strictly for putting, I won't really need a Star P2 or G P2 or even C P2 (yet, hahaha)

Latest posts