• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania Presents: Flying Circus with Simon Lizzote

benny andthe jets

Bogey Member
Hey guys I do not post too often on here, other than the hole of the day. I wanted to share an awesome event coming to Austin, TX this Sunday at Disc Nation. I recently started Austin Community College's Collegiate Disc Golf Team (The first ever sports team from ACC to compete at the collegiate level!) and Discmania has been a great company to work with.

Discmania's Flying Circus Tour with Simon Lizzote is described as:
Join us for the Flying Circus Tour hosted by Discmania and Disc Nation starring the current 2x World Distance Record Holder Simon Lizotte!

No pre-registration required! This will be "midway" style with two stations and lots of giveaways!

Radar Gun Station (Pay Per Throw) 12pm - 3pm:
- See how fast you can throw a disc.
- Measure arm speed before and after group clinic (see below)

Small Group Clinic and Disc Demo Session: (12:30pm, 1:10pm, 1:50pm)
- Simon Lizotte gets hands-on and teaches you how to add distance to your drives
- We will teach you proper driver selection for your form and power level
- Each participant gets a "swag pack"

Pro Shop Meet & Greet + Discmania Specials! (3-4pm)
- Simon will be around for autographs and to answer your questions
- Discmania staff will be on hand to help you purchase the right discs to help Reinvent YOUR game.
- Buy 2, Get 1 Free Special! Purchase 2 Discmania discs on site between 3-4pm and Discmania will give you a 3rd disc FREE!

Special Guest Appearance by the Austin Community College Collegiate Disc Golf Team!:hfive:

So come check it out :thmbup:

Also here is the facebook event so you can join: https://www.facebook.com/events/656235971189566/

Attachments

• Flying circus course flyer revised.jpg
    Flying circus course flyer revised.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 83
the current 2x World Distance Record Holder Simon Lizotte!

2x?

(No, holding the wr in two different categories doesn't make him a 2x distance record holder: it makes him the record holder in distance and in mini distance.)

Happy to have ya'll Jamie!!! I want to see if Simon can get over our fence in the Texas wind. Its at 630ft and I'm the only one to ever get over it(once and I don't know what I did) :D :D :D

Shrinks away from computer......heads to the practice field.......:|
You've been a crusher since DGR days! Carry on sir....carry on.:hfive:

Still my longest throw ever. I threw my hands up when it left my hand. Felt different immediately. I wish I knew what I did lol.

The circus will also be in North Texas the week of the Nick Hyde Memorial (April 10th-12th), Hyzerbomb made the announcement on their facebook a few days back. Should be good fun. There will also be a McBeth clinic run that week as well up here.

Of course there are clowns since Jamie just said he would be there! :D

;)

Boom! I'm sewing together my onesie now.

The circus will also be in North Texas the week of the Nick Hyde Memorial (April 10th-12th), Hyzerbomb made the announcement on their facebook a few days back. Should be good fun. There will also be a McBeth clinic run that week as well up here.

April 2nd will be Fort Worth
April 6th will be Dallas

Full schedule release VERY soon, actively locking down dates, stay tuned!

Hey Jamie, will you guys be near Tahoe around King of the Lake time (June 19th-21st)? It would be awesome to see what Simon could do up here at 6000ft compared to near sea level.

Hey Jamie, will you guys be near Tahoe around King of the Lake time (June 19th-21st)? It would be awesome to see what Simon could do up here at 6000ft compared to near sea level.

Unfortunately Simon will be back in Germany by then for a string of tournaments in Europe after Beaver State Fling.

It is possible to get a Flying Circus Event organized however. We'll be at the Utah Open a week before Masters Cup, so that's right on our route (Truckee area anyway).

Hmmmmm, trying to think of a place where that would work since the area around the Truckee River course is pretty packed and Sierra College (a better course) doesn't have the needed open field area. Tahoe Vista might be the best bet with a good meeting area and big soccer field area right next to the course. How would you get one organized?

Hmmmmm, trying to think of a place where that would work since the area around the Truckee River course is pretty packed and Sierra College (a better course) doesn't have the needed open field area. Tahoe Vista might be the best bet with a good meeting area and big soccer field area right next to the course. How would you get one organized?

Great question - I'll answer in general for anyone interested:

If the tour stop is on our route (or not too far off, depending on which part of our schedule), but not listed when the schedule releases tomorrow - then it means I need a local coordinator to help with 3 things:

1) Finding a suitable venue
2) Local promotion/organization of participants
3) Maybe a little elbow grease the day of ;)

I'll put the full power of Discmania social media behind promoting as well (events can be "hosted by X Local Club or Y Local Pro Shop") and we will do it big as only Discmania can!

E-mail me: [email protected] if you're interested in carrying the torch!

Also if you're a Pro Shop looking to become an Authorized Discmania Dealer we have some amazing wholesale perks, including a promotional Simon Lizotte Meet/Greet package during the Flying Circus Tour. You can also email me about that!

Official info should be up by tomorrow!

Event is tomorrow cannot wait to be hanging out with Simon and Jamie! It will be super LEGIT!

Please come out to Disc Nation tomorrow to learn from one of the best in the game. I will be out there promoting for Austin Community College Collegiate Disc Golf we are the first and only collegiate sport our school (60,000 students) has ever had!