• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania Prototype January 2016 (DDX)

A 12 speed Thunderbird would be nice. A true 0/2. Been waiting for that

"A 12 speed Thunderbird would be nice. A true 0/2. Been waiting for that"

Have you ever thought about throwing Westside's Sword? I rely on my VIP Sword/Star Thunderbird combo all of the time, so I could definitely see the benefit to having an Innova/Discmania 12/(5)/0/2, though the PDx was kinda close? Comparing the flight paths with inFlight between the Sword and Thunderbird definitely highlight the utility of a faster 0/2
https://infinitediscs.com/Innova-Thunderbird
https://infinitediscs.com/Westside-Sword

Any word on this yet? Been really getting into Discmania lately. Pretty curious what this will be. I am hoping a slightly less stable boss, personally.

Jussi Meresmaa recently gave away one of the protos, which ended up in Finland. We'll see if any comments will show up.

I have thought about trying the DD2. I throw the star katana for my max distance slot right now, but I only get a little over a month out of them before they become instant rollers. Either that or I have to throw them super high and let them work. And I do not like doing that. So maybe the DD2 is what I should try...

I have thought about trying the DD2. I throw the star katana for my max distance slot right now, but I only get a little over a month out of them before they become instant rollers. Either that or I have to throw them super high and let them work. And I do not like doing that. So maybe the DD2 is what I should try...

Or a Boss. I used to throw Katanas but they seemed wildly unstable in terms of consistency of runs. One would be a bit overstable, the other would be wildly understable. I use my DD2 for longer shots that have room to work to the right, but with any head wind it'll turn over easily for me. My champ boss will hold against the headwind, not much worry about turning it over.

I should have said that earlier, but I pair the boss with a katana in my bag. Katana for all out bombs and the boss for pretty much anything else. But I have noticed the same thing regarding the katana. I get one that flies like a boss, one that flies like a mamba, and then I get a good one. I just wish I didnt have to buy 4 of them to find the one I like!

I am hopeful that this new release is something to replace my katana.

Ryan is giving one away for our superbowl pools on the discmania fb page. So if I am lucky enough I may have one next week ;)

I would assume that it is a 12 speed version of the DD. The PDx is a faster PD, so a DDx is a faster DD, maybe

A faster, more over stable DD would be a PD2, wouldn't it? Seems like overlap.
DD is 11,5,0,2
DD2 is 13,5,-2,2
PD is 10,4,0,3
PDx is 11,4,0,3
PD2 is 12,4,0,4

Seems like they're missing a more neutral/understable higher speed slot. Link to the DDx? I never saw it pop up on that site, and most of the posters there are not affiliated with DM themselves, just average joe's moving plastic, same as the innova auction pages.
ETA: I'm not saying anyone is wrong, just an opinion and assumption, which at this point is all we can do until an official release.

After going back over the facebook posts, I'm having 2nd thoughts. I'm thinking maybe ya'll are right, and more along the lines of the DS type disc. Maybe a 12,5,0(-1),2(3) disc. DM hasn't really put out a disc yet that can compete with the DS, if they can hit that market, that'd be pretty big for them as a company, nearly everyone who has been throwing for a while has at least 1 in the bag, and other crazy folks like me have 5.