• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania Prototype January 2016 (DDX)

Names and numbers are yet only names and numbers. How it flies for you and what it feels like are the only things that matter. Cant wait though! But I have a feeling that I lack the power to truly utililize this disc (too).

Will Innova really want DM to put out a Destroyer clone? I feel like that would take away from the sales of the Destroyer. I could be wrong. 13,5,0,2 would make a lot more sense to me than a 12,5,-1,3. At least than you have a somewhat different disc and you are not competing for sales between the Destroyer and whatever this is.

While I think initially Dave D and Jussi collaborated on the majority of the molds in the lineup. I am starting to get the impression DM is mainly concerned about completing their lineup and filling the gaps. Based on recent releases it seems their ultimate goal is to make it easy to carry a DM only bag (like most of the pro's on the team). If anything it will be a welcome addition to the market I'm sure. I can't imagine Innova stressing too much on sales across any of their signature discs if a DM disc "gets too close".

Reminds me when the thunderbird was released and everyone thought it was "innova's PD" based on the numbers. Still turned out to be pretty different especially for big arms. Even if this disc mimics numbers from an existing Innova mold (whichever direction DM goes), I imagine it will have it's own characteristics.

Agreed. DM is moving towards their own brand, having their players throw DM only bags, I think Simon is already there right? Don't know about Eagle, I think he was still bagging a Max last I saw. A DS type disc would fill a pretty huge gap in their arsenal. I'm quite excited about it. C Line DM for me just seems to hit that sweet spot, I've gone to about a 40/60 DM/Innova bag right now.

Innova didn't care that Millennium produced the Scorpius and quasar which are very similar to the destroyer and boss, so I doubt they will care about DM doing something similar.

pd2 is a destroyer clone, its destroyer bottom with anny top. dd2 has a katana bottom/anny top......pure speculation but colossus bottom/annny top is where my $ is

PD2 is absolutely, without a doubt not a destroyer clone.

Ok I'll edit it to say I don't believe for a second that the PD2 was made to be the DS clone, or to rival it.

also isnt PD2 Xcal bottom & anhyzer top?

another thing. say you are a team player and can rifle through piles of PD2s in every plastic, would you not be able to find discs to replace any and all destroyers?

I am 100% sure it will not be 13 speed and will eat a D-line disc if it is :D

The DS has been the disc to beat, so for DM to say their new disc could be the new disc of the year, I'd have to believe it's going to be a DS like disc. You can't beat a DS without making a DS like disc. No one really cares about a game changing fairway or tweener disc, and for it to be a game changing disc of the year, it'd have to be something many players could throw, or would want to throw. A speed 13 meat hook won't sale, look at the Max, it's a useful disc, but good God it's so OS there's a small niche market for it.

Per PDGA dimensions, they're different...2.3cm vs 2.2cm wings.

also lists pd2 at 2.4. The pdga #'s are a lil skewed and I could never really figure out why. Maybe the destroyer was dx, the xcal was star and pd2 was c-line?? Idk but if you cross reference mvp disc specs on there website with the pdga specs you will also find discrepancies.

I just found out what it is and I cannot wait to throw one! Never know till you throw but just knowing it's parts I can see why they are already talking disc of the year! So stoked! Release the beast already!

dude who won one in instagram said looks like a destroyer and feels like a destroyer but cannot comment if it flies like one too, as long as theres snow outside. I dont know if I am too "deep in the game" to be having dreams about Discmania but I saw one and the schedule was to release it May 15th or so. Way too long for that! Lets hope this is false prophecy.